It's time for Jeremy Corbyn to enter 10 Downing Street and start rebuilding a brighter prosperous country for all of us 

• Haha 2

Wrong thread. Stop it.

• Like 2

The Reaper has taken one of those last minute offers for September and is now on holiday.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, drol said:

The Reaper has taken one of those last minute offers for September and is now on holiday.

Fucking cheapskate.

• Haha 3

On 31/12/2018 at 11:37, drol said:

Ah, hopefully the year that will kill Shivakumara Swami, Li Rui, Le Duc Anh, Dilip Kumar, Bishop Francis Quinn, Anne Hamilton-Byrne and maybe even Robert Mugabe.

We have the last man standing, it seems!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, drol said:

We have the last man standing, it seems!

Need to put you on requests.

On 06/09/2019 at 12:44, msc said:

Need to put you on requests.

smoked-paprika-chicken-horiz-a-1600.jpg

image.jpeg

Wasn’t sure where to post this as she wasn’t exactly Hollywood or character actress...

Looks like American-British actress Diana Decker died just short of her 94th birthday in January according to this post.

She was quite a big name back in the day. Looks like she’s been off the radar for years though which would explain why nobody noticed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Wasn’t sure where to post this as she wasn’t exactly Hollywood or character actress...

Looks like American-British actress Diana Decker died just short of her 94th birthday in January according to this post.

She was quite a big name back in the day. Looks like she’s been off the radar for years though which would explain why nobody noticed.

UK #2 1953

• Like 2

For me the saddest aspect ofJames Cellan Jones' death is that the BBC NEVER gave him an explanation why his production of Sartre's Roads to Freedom trilogy has remained in the BBC vaults and unseen for over 40 years (originally broadcast 1970, repeated 1972, 1977; then silence apart from a showing by the BFI to invited guests a few years ago). He deserved an explanation, indeed the trilogy should have been, and should be, shown on TV, and released on dvd - it is a masterpiece. I have long been angry for this neglect. :smiley_f:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wickerman said:

For me the saddest aspect ofJames Cellan Jones' death is that the BBC NEVER gave him an explanation why his production of Sartre's Roads to Freedom trilogy has remained in the BBC vaults and unseen for over 40 years (originally broadcast 1970, repeated 1972, 1977; then silence apart from a showing by the BFI to invited guests a few years ago). He deserved an explanation, indeed the trilogy should have been, and should be, shown on TV, and released on dvd - it is a masterpiece. I have long been angry for this neglect. :smiley_f:

Most likely a rights issue, as is common with book adaptations. 

7 minutes ago, JQW said:

Most likely a rights issue, as is common with book adaptations. 

If so - a simple explanation - but not forthcoming from the Beeb. Indeed if this was so JCJ would have understood such constraints - yet it appears that the reasons were not, are not this simple.

1 hour ago, Wickerman said:

If so - a simple explanation - but not forthcoming from the Beeb. Indeed if this was so JCJ would have understood such constraints - yet it appears that the reasons were not, are not this simple.

The publishers of the original book, or the estate of the author, will be pulling the strings. Often they don't want something to be re-shown to the public, or sold commercially, as it could impact sales of rights to future adaptations of the works. In some cases publishers have asked for the adaptation to be destroyed after broadcast.

American economist Frederic Pryor died on September 2, aged 86. 

Pryor was the student who got caught in East Berlin in 1960 and was freed right before the historical swapping of Rudolf Abel and Gary Powers at Checkpoint Charlie. This is depicted in Bridge of Spies, starring Tom Hanks. Pryor is a complete dork in the movie.

Influential singer songwriter Daniel Johnston dead at 58

3 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Influential singer songwriter Daniel Johnston dead at 58

Beautiful song right her imo: 

25 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Beautiful song right her imo: 

OK well I posted in Songwriters....didn't think it would be tossed here. 
Anyway....looks like Captain Chorizo on the clock for a DDP QO

28 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

OK well I posted in Songwriters....didn't think it would be tossed here. 
Anyway....looks like Captain Chorizo on the clock for a DDP QO

REALLY sad about Daniel Johnson, mind - there's a documentary called The Devil and Daniel Johnson, just sayin' in case anyone hereabouts wonders why anyone would bother marking the death of someone so obscure.

I want Mugabe/Mubarak back 

• Like 1

Just now, Desmond Tutu said:

For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

You're getting tedious now Robert.  Think of this as a yellow card. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joey Russ said:

I want Mugabe/Mubarak back 

Yes, very amusing on occasion / unconvinced as yet.

1 minute ago, Desmond Tutu said:

For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

Oh do fuck off.

If I offend you (religiously), forgive me - Bill Hicks.

1 hour ago, Desmond Tutu said:

But I am like a yellow  olive tree in the house of God. I trust in the steadfast love of God forever and ever.

Not a black olive tree, then?