Has someone on the deathlist died in late december before, and hasn't been anounced untill january when the new list is, and that person is included. Or if a new candidate is on the list, but died before new year and wasn't announced untill after new year.

If that has happened before, or could happen later, how would that workout then?

Just now, Putin said:

Has someone on the deathlist died in late december before, and hasn't been anounced untill january when the new list is, and that person is included. Or if a new candidate is on the list, but died before new year and wasn't announced untill after new year.

If that has happened before, or could happen later, how would that workout then?

@Death Impends remembers this better than me, but years ago they picked someone who had already died the year before (Frankie Laine?) and casually just put in a substitute after some light mocking.

(Yes I know Bette Davis etc, I mean in the world where there's a forum and most folk have the internet and Wiki...)

• Like 1

On 17/10/2019 at 08:54, msc said:

@Death Impends remembers this better than me, but years ago they picked someone who had already died the year before (Frankie Laine?) and casually just put in a substitute after some light mocking.

(Yes I know Bette Davis etc, I mean in the world where there's a forum and most folk have the internet and Wiki...)

Yep it was Frankie Laine, who was promptly replaced with Norman Wisdom. And Laine was in the top 20 at that, meaning the DL's DDP team that year only had 19 picks.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Death Impends said:

Yep it was Frankie Laine, who was promptly replaced with Norman Wisdom. And Laine was in the top 20 at that, meaning the DL's DDP team that year only had 19 picks.

Wiki says Laine died 6 Feb: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankie_Laine

So, not him. Though I do have vague memories of the late death/quiet substitution. Wisdom, btw, died in October 2010, so he was a shite sub if it was the year Laine died

2 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Wiki says Laine died 6 Feb: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankie_Laine

So, not him. Though I do have vague memories of the late death/quiet substitution. Wisdom, btw, died in October 2010, so he was a shite sub if it was the year Laine died

I was pretty sure it was him, so had a quick search:

Yep, apparently they picked Frankie Laine in 2008, despite his having died 11 months earlier.

Perhaps there was another late sub? But I can't mind what it was.

Must have been one when Gerry Ford died?

5 hours ago, msc said:

I was pretty sure it was him, so had a quick search:

Yep, apparently they picked Frankie Laine in 2008, despite his having died 11 months earlier.

Perhaps there was another late sub? But I can't mind what it was.

Must have been one when Gerry Ford died?

Oooh, dead 11 months and the committee still chose him. I mean, back then there was enough search facility on phones, Wiki and the rest that even after several pints that would have been checkable before the list was signed off.

Deborah Orr, who I mentioned in the 'possibilities for 2020' thread a few weeks ago, has died. Very sad news but not really a surprise, especially given her last tweets.

1 hour ago, Vinegar Tits said:

Deborah Orr, who I mentioned in the 'possibilities for 2020' thread a few weeks ago, has died. Very sad news but not really a surprise, especially given her last tweets.

Bit ironic that she survived her ex the sometime smackhead Will Self

34 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Bit ironic that she survived her ex the sometime smackhead Will Self

He's not dead - is he?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Toast said:

He's not dead - is he?

Sorry, my bad - you know where I was going with that. Bit ironic he out-lived her. She even wrote about his heroin use and the strain it put on their relationship

• Thanks 1

Marieke Vervoort, my DDP joker from last year, has euthanised herself.

5 minutes ago, Youth in Asia said:

Marieke Vervoort, my DDP joker from last year, has euthanised herself.

Yes, that’s because if you euthanise someone else they tend to call it murder!!

• Haha 3

Sir Creep

Ideas and Possibilities for 2019

Sir Creep replied to Sir Creep's topic in DeathList Forum

Sybil PeacockHarmon , who was a member of Delta Air Lines' first class of flight attendants, will turn 102 on July 9. SC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well poor Sybil won't be turning 104.

The friendly skies just got a little less friendly.

Sybil Peacock Harmon, one of Delta Air Lines’ very first flight attendants, has died at the age of 103, the Atlanta Journal Constitution confirms.

Harmon was born in Minden, Louisiana, on July 9, 1916. She was a 24-year-old nursing school graduate when she was hired as one of the Atlanta-based airline’s first stewardesses (as they were known at the time) in 1940. Back then, stewardesses were required to be registered nurses.
SC

Boardgame designer Francis Tresham dead at 83. Don't know much about tabletop games myself, but I do know he created the first "technology tree" - which has since gone on to be used in pretty much every strategy computer game of the past 30 years. Here's one from Civ 2, a game he had a lot of inspiration on.

civtechposter-seg2.jpg

• Thanks 1

Bank manager Roger Ball has died aged 76 from cancer: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/roger-ball-obituary-wkj95dnzn

Folks might remember the case, as the wife and kid were held hostage, forcing Ball to the Bank and eventually he and his workers were locked in the vault after the robbers made off with their booty.

As mentioned by Y-Dub in his DP.... posting here (well, somewhere) for completeness.  (How was she not mentioned in a thread?)
Holly Clegg finally clogs up.
Truly unbelievable though -- Can a state/region possibly have a worse year than Louisiana 2019? The hits keep coming, and 1/6 of the year still to go.
SC

4 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

As mentioned by Y-Dub in his DP.... posting here (well, somewhere) for completeness.  (How was she not mentioned in a thread?)
Holly Clegg finally clogs up.
Truly unbelievable though -- Can a state/region possibly have a worse year than Louisiana 2019? The hits keep coming, and 1/6 of the year still to go.
SC

To lose one Louisiana celeb in a year is unfortunate, to lose a dozen looks suspiciously like cheating...

14 hours ago, msc said:

To lose one Louisiana celeb in a year is unfortunate, to lose a dozen looks suspiciously like cheating...

Ha.  Well we got the Gris Gris on our Louisiana/Acadiana/N'awlins/Cajun peeps this year, for true.  Half of N'awlins musicians have been listed so far.  Jockeys, authors, politicians, coaches..... the list goes on.

On 26/02/2019 at 16:51, drol said:

cough cough... Monica Vitti... cough

Monica Vitti turns 88 today! :birthday:

No pictures shown for 17 years, but I clearly see her becoming a supercentenarian.

2 hours ago, TomTomTelekom said:

Puerto Rican Show Host, Walter Mercado dead at 87 years:

https://www.elnuevodia.com/entretenimiento/farandula/nota/falleceelfamosoastrologowaltermercado-2527322/

He has been awarded many times including the Senor Television at the Festival de Codazos in the Dominican Republic in 1972.

Especially famous for being an "astrologer of the stars".

• Like 1