4 hours ago, Cant Wait said:

while filming a tv show called Chase Me. 

I didn't know they were making Duncan Norvelle's life story....

• Haha 3

William Ruckleshaus, who was among those who quit during the infamous Saturday Night Massacre done by Nixon has died at 87

Yasuhiro Nakasone

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigation Jump to search
In this Japanese name, the family name is Nakasone.
Yasuhiro Nakasone
中曽根康弘
Yasuhiro Nakasone cropped 1 Yasuhiro Nakasone 19821127.jpg
Yasuhiro Nakasone

Prime Minister of Japan
In office
27 November 1982 – 6 November 1987
Monarch Shōwa
Preceded by Zenkō Suzuki
Succeeded by Noboru Takeshita
Member of the House of Representatives
In office
26 April 1947 – 10 October 2004
Constituency Gunma 3rd district (1947–1996)
Northern Kanto PR (1996–2004)
Personal details
Born 27 May 1918
Takasaki, Japan
Died 29 November 2019 (aged 101)
Tokyo, Japan
Political party Liberal Democratic Party
Spouse(s)
Tsutako Nakasone
(m. 1945; died 2012)
Children Hirofumi Nakasone
Alma mater Tokyo Imperial University
Signature 115px-NakasoneY_kao.png
Military service
Allegiance 22px-Flag_of_Japan_%281870%E2%80%931999% Empire of Japan
Branch/service 23px-Naval_ensign_of_the_Empire_of_Japan Imperial Japanese Navy
Years of service 1941–1945
Rank Lieutenant-Commander (as Naval Paymaster)
Battles/wars World War II

Yasuhiro Nakasone (中曽根 康弘 Nakasone Yasuhiro, 27 May 1918 – 29 November 2019)[2] was a Japanese politician who served as Prime Minister of Japan and President of the Liberal Democratic Party from 1982 to 1987. He was a member of the House of Representatives for more than 50 years. He was best known for pushing through the privatization of state-owned companies, and for helping to revitalize Japanese nationalism during and after his term as prime minister. He turned 100 on 27 May 2018, and was the oldest living state leader at the time of his death in 2019.

• Like 1

On 27/11/2019 at 13:08, Joey Russ said:

William Ruckleshaus, who was among those who quit during the infamous Saturday Night Massacre done by Nixon has died at 87

DDP QO for Ruckelshaus:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7732735/Ruckelshaus-defied-Nixon-Watergate-firing-dies.html

British strongman Simon 'Power' Plant, who held 14 world records, has died aged 47.  Plant had been training for his latest feat - pulling a 19-ton fire engine hitched to an ambulance. 

He was renowned for eating 28 raw eggs and six jacket potatoes a day.  The plasterer had been battling health problems after his weight rose to 26 stone, according to the Sun.  But he had recently lost six stone as he trained for his next challenge to raise cash for a children's charity.  Plant died of natural causes.
SC

6 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Plant died of natural causes.

Another reason for me not to choose a Plant-based diet.

(My brother died at age 44 after losing 60 pounds in six months on a vegan diet. My brother was highly physically active. Steaks and sedentary lifestyle for me, cheers.)

On 26/11/2019 at 02:18, Spade_Cooley said:

Another one off the 2020 longlist: David Gibson, the bakery owner who was at the centre of a row where he was falsely defamed by Oberlin College lecturers as a racist (he received $25 million in a settlement) has died of pancreatic cancer.

Interestingly, last week we in the North American Scrabble community were informed former tournament champion David Gibson died 22 November of cancer.

From Wikipedia:

David Lawrence Gibson (February 8, 1951 – November 22, 2019) was an American professional Scrabble player and mathematics professor. Ranked the top player in North America and widely regarded as one of the greatest Scrabble players, Gibson won the North American Scrabble Championship twice.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

No word on what his age is though...

OK, so I've done my research here and the best I can come up with is: he was 14 when he first played with the band Blackfeather in 1976. So he must have been born circa 1962, meaning he was around 57 when he died. I'm going with 57 when I update the DDP, if anyone can improve on that feel free.

26 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

OK, so I've done my research here and the best I can come up with is: he was 14 when he first played with the band Blackfeather in 1976. So he must have been born circa 1962, meaning he was around 57 when he died. I'm going with 57 when I update the DDP, if anyone can improve on that feel free.

Thanks!

For the Death By Numbers, I'll go with 1961 then (could be both, and in the DbN the exact year matters). I had previously gone with the older option already in a different case.

Been wondering about something. What happened with the 1988 deathlist since It is lost

2 hours ago, Putin said:

Been wondering about something. What happened with the 1988 deathlist since It is lost

It got lost.  That's basically it.  Nobody kept a copy anywhere.

On 02/12/2019 at 06:01, gcreptile said:

Thanks!

For the Death By Numbers, I'll go with 1961 then (could be both, and in the DbN the exact year matters). I had previously gone with the older option already in a different case.

Wikipedia now has him at 57

31 minutes ago, Banana said:

Wikipedia now has him at 57

Unless one can prove that his birthday was January-November, it's 61 points. It's a punishment of 1 point for missing information.

44 minutes ago, MarcJWallace said:

Jon Comer, an award-winning skateboarder who was known for competing with a prosthetic limb, the first to do so, has died aged 43.

https://amarketnews.com/2019/12/05/jon-comer-death-obituary/

Lot of big names dying these days.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, drol said:

Lot of big names dying these days.

And Jon Comer too

12 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

And Jon Comer too

And sense of humour too.

• Haha 1

On 06/12/2019 at 10:51, MarcJWallace said:

Jon Comer, an award-winning skateboarder who was known for competing with a prosthetic limb, the first to do so, has died aged 43.

https://amarketnews.com/2019/12/05/jon-comer-death-obituary/

Would have thought it would be easier for him to compete with a skateboard

• Haha 6

I'd like to offer this up as our Honourary Death of 2019, our Spokesperson to Hades as it were.

Gerhardt Peter Kraske, the former president of the Coalition to Protect Maryland Burial Sites Inc., died Nov. 28 from lymphoma at Johns Hopkins Hospital. The Columbia resident was 81.
SC