22 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Circus impressario Nell Gifford, who I'm sure would have been a popular pick in 2020, doesn't make the starting line.

Yep, count me as one who probably would’ve picked her had she seen 2020.

27 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Circus impressario Nell Gifford, who I'm sure would have been a popular pick in 2020, doesn't make the starting line.

You folks clearly have different and better resources than I do.  Never heard of this guy.  I am guessing it’s Twitter and SirC vows to never sign up.  

There was a series of articles about her on a small, obscure media start-up called "the BBC".

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Former US central bank (FED) chair Paul Volcker has died at 92:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/09/paul-volcker-the-carter-reagan-fed-chairman-who-beat-inflation-dies-at-92.html

DDP unique for me..... on what is one of my best deadpooling days ever.

Surely something better will come, but for now he’s been mentioned in some UK live feed for the time being...

3 hours ago, gcreptile said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/09/paul-volcker-the-carter-reagan-fed-chairman-who-beat-inflation-dies-at-92.html

Curious to hear what the info was on this guy

23 minutes ago, Banana said:

Curious to hear what the info was on this guy

The rare deductive find. I read an article on him and thought he looked really bad. And only when I actively looked for health news on him, did the relevant info appear.

And even then, I thought that because of gallbladder surgery, he suffered from gallbladder cancer, but in the end, it was prostate cancer.

10 hours ago, gcreptile said:

I always like it when a competitive DDP team manages to get a unique hit with someone very notable. The second time you've done so after Boulez, I think.

12 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

There was a series of articles about her on a small, obscure media start-up called "the BBC".

Oh yes, our local paper.   What a cuntish answer.   

20 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

I should have picked her for this year, I had known of her imminent demise for some time, but it never occurred to me she could be someone that would get an obit, although it now seems obvious

Fuck off, Creep.  It's fine to record any and all deaths in this thread.

Although GD should have included her name for the purposes of the search function.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Toast said:

Fuck off, Creep.

This is also my response Creepoid when you complain that I liked Toasts response. Get my retaliation in pre-emptively mate  :evil2:.

I'd have thought (in fact I do think) it was (is) perfectly acceptable to have a catch all thread for deaths in a given year, it's a one stop shop for folks that could appear anywhere else on the site, especially considering the ongoing wars (for want of a better term) about who goes in what thread and the possible subsequent trouble in finding them (particularly if not named or incorrectly spelled and so on).

Post it wherever it falls in the disparate thread conventions AND here then it's easy to find.

• Thanks 1

Philip McKeon, a child star on the Tv show called Alice has died at the age of 55. He was the actor for Tommy Hyatt, Alices Son.

Should we put Sir Creep on our 2020 list? ;) :P

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lewd_Squirrel said:

Should we put Sir Creep on our 2020 list? ;) :P

SC the DL Alpha male ... it's true of course, but the proof is when you are important enough for posts like this!
Thank you LS!  

• Haha 1

The Conservation Foundation says naturalist and broadcaster David Bellamy has died at the age of 86.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

The Conservation Foundation says naturalist and broadcaster David Bellamy has died at the age of 86.

Surprisingly, a unique pick in this years DDP (for Blood of Blood).

10 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

So, they couldn't conserve him, then

Kind of guy who would have become a DL mainstay had he made it to his 90s.

• Like 2