Phantom

Little Richard

Guest Shecky

Little Richard announces his retirement at the age of 81

Did he announce it somewhere over the rainbow. You know cause he sleeps with other mens

An article called "Prayers for [Little] Richard" provides some insight in to his current health.

After the Wildhorse, I talked to Richard a few more times briefly on the phone; he was always polite but wouldn’t budge on the topic of an interview. “I’ve been going through a lot of pain and stuff and it ain’t worth it to me,” he said. The last time we spoke, he told me, “I’m really not interested in that kind of thing right now, baby. I’ve been real sick. I’m sick, I’m really trying to get well, baby.”

An article called "Prayers for [Little] Richard" provides some insight in to his current health.

After the Wildhorse, I talked to Richard a few more times briefly on the phone; he was always polite but wouldn’t budge on the topic of an interview. “I’ve been going through a lot of pain and stuff and it ain’t worth it to me,” he said. The last time we spoke, he told me, “I’m really not interested in that kind of thing right now, baby. I’ve been real sick. I’m sick, I’m really trying to get well, baby.”

It's uncanny how a lot of these weird coincidences happen, Just the day before your post, I received a record in the mail from a band called The Little Richards. They're a punk band led by Robert Lopez (El Vez - The Mexican Elvis) who perform covers of Little Richard songs.

R-7734434-1447685741-3720.jpeg.jpg

Man says others shouldn't do something after decades of doing it.

• Like 2

Chuck Berry in March 2017, Fats Domino in October 2017, maybe Little Richard in May 2018?

Little Richard is 86 today! Shame he's no longer Tutti Fruity....

Yeah good pick. Last "original" Rock'n'Roller I think?

Just now, gcreptile said:

Yeah good pick. Last "original" Rock'n'Roller I think?

Jerry Lee Lewis is still alive.

Just now, Joey Russ said:

Jerry Lee Lewis is still alive.

True - most likely DL material in 2-3 years.

Always look up the autograph community for updates, I say. So 2019 and Little Richard:

recently had hip surgery that was unsuccessful, he is wheelchair-bound, and he has other health problems.
His family and reps have publicly stated that he will not be making anymore public appearances.

His family has also apparently said he can no longer respond to fan mail. I find from previous form that once that happens, short of dementia the obit follows sooner than later.

• Like 3

On 29/07/2019 at 16:03, msc said:

Always look up the autograph community for updates, I say. So 2019 and Little Richard:

His family has also apparently said he can no longer respond to fan mail. I find from previous form that once that happens, short of dementia the obit follows sooner than later.

Good research and find. 

On 29/07/2019 at 16:03, msc said:

Aye, he's 86 - amazed, frankly, that him and Jerry Lee Lewis are the last legends left standing

1 minute ago, JoeMoneypenny said:

Jerry Lewis died a few years ago

Correct. But Jerry Lee Lewis didn't.

35 minutes ago, JoeMoneypenny said:

Jerry Lewis died a few years ago

33 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Correct. But Jerry Lee Lewis didn't.

Goodness gracious.

• Like 4

Not dead but birthday: 87 today! :birthday:

Couldn't find any meaningful news about him.

• Like 4