Sign in to follow this  
Davey Jones' Locker

Who, on the 2019 List, Would You Most Like to Meet?

Prince Philip, Vera Lynn, Robert Mugabe, Dick Van Dyke, Gorbachev, John McCririck, Little Richard, Tina Turner, Shane MacGowan and Ginger Baker might all be interesting in their own right

11 hours ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

Do you like Jimmy Barnes' version?

you and gcreptile both wrong.  smh.

Clive James and Honor Blackman

2 hours ago, Handrejka said:

Clive James and Honor Blackman

I've always had this notion that James was not quite as engaging and amiable as his public persona suggests.

1 minute ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I've always had this notion that James was not quite as engaging and amiable as his public persona suggests.

You're more than likely right.  I still think he'd be interesting though. 

• Like 1

Olivia de Havilland for me. In fact we're leaving in the same district of Paris and her phone number is in the french telephone directory so I could probably call her and have a drink with her ! 

It would have to be someone of clear mind, can speak English and of historical significance, if I only had one choice. 

Jimmy Carter - I'd love to talk to him interview style. 

Prince Philip - I just want to dig in and see how racist he is, have a good laugh at some of the things he says. He seems like someone who will be forever mumbling racist nonsense under his breath. 

Henry Kissinger - Just to stare at evil right in the face. 

Bob Hawke - if only to drink a quick beer with. I'm not even a beer drinker, but I can pretend to be. Wouldn't want to seem uncool in front of the Hawke. 

Jacques Chirac - no idea how fluent his english is, but his politics are both very interesting and boring. He'd be interesting to talk to about his Presidency. 

Mikhail Gorbachev - same with Chirac about English, but man I'd wanna talk to him about Putin. He's spoken about it, but I wonder if he could go back in time and do things differently how he would do it to stop the dictatorship Putin has created. 

1 minute ago, John Key said:

It would have to be someone of clear mind, can speak English and of historical significance, if I only had one choice. 

Jimmy Carter - I'd love to talk to him interview style. 

Prince Philip - I just want to dig in and see how racist he is, have a good laugh at some of the things he says. He seems like someone who will be forever mumbling racist nonsense under his breath. 

Henry Kissinger - Just to stare at evil right in the face. 

Bob Hawke - if only to drink a quick beer with. I'm not even a beer drinker, but I can pretend to be. Wouldn't want to seem uncool in front of the Hawke. 

Jacques Chirac - no idea how fluent his english is, but his politics are both very interesting and boring. He'd be interesting to talk to about his Presidency. 

Mikhail Gorbachev - same with Chirac about English, but man I'd wanna talk to him about Putin. He's spoken about it, but I wonder if he could go back in time and do things differently how he would do it to stop the dictatorship Putin has created. 

If you want to chat with Chirac, I can help you and translate what you say to French. 

55 minutes ago, ImissMontpellier said:

If you want to chat with Chirac, I can help you and translate what you say to French. 

Sweet, how does next week Thursday sound?

I want to be interviewed by Larry King and then both of us can go build houses with the Carters.

That would be a swell evening.

21 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Olivia de Havilland ... her phone number is in the french telephone directory so I could probably call her and have a drink with her ! 

Do it! You never know, she might say "oui" purely out of being impressed by your sheer cheek.