paddyfool

How many hits this year?

There is often a period of intense activity which sees a close to vertical rise. The can come early but more often than not is mid year

image.thumb.png.bed98cf336208a8e68a984e0d262c049.png

• Like 6

On 14/04/2019 at 18:50, Arsewipe said:

Even my 9 is looking a bit optimistic now. Were the DL committee on the piss all day before making their final list?

Well it was New Years Eve when the list was released so they must have been celebrating the end of 2018 too much when this year's list was released-Surely either Leah Bracknell or Clive James are finally going to end their will they, won't they style games and finally give us out 2nd hit! 

• Like 1

On 15/02/2019 at 23:22, paddyfool said:

All hail Vaagheid, our leader-for-now.

Well... What a surprise, i lost this game. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Vaagheid said:

Well... What a surprise, i lost this game. :rolleyes:

King Vaagheid is dead. Long live King JiroemonKimura!

... Long may he reign ;-)

• Like 1

Events in Australia have meant that King JiroemonKimura's coronation was barely begun before his reign was over.

Long live King markb4!

• Thanks 1

King markb chokes on his inauguration speech. 

King Perfect Passing had best be wary of assassins in these turbulent times, it seems. 

• Haha 2

King Perfect Passing dies peacefully in his sleep, after a truly amazing day of royal hedonistic debauchery. 

Long live King FixedBusiness!

• Haha 1

FixedBusiness' short reign is over, as he is ousted by a coup and quickly executed after a show trial for alleged dodgy dealings.

Long live Queen MirandaGurl!

Who be our ruler now?

I believe I was for a little while, but totally unnoticed. :P

Apologies for missing that update. 

With Harper's demise, so too ended the reign of MirandaGurl, and the boy king YoungWillz took the throne. This however, was missed by chroniclers at the time, causing some historians at a much later date to speculate that King YoungWillz was a mythical figure, after the manner of King Arthur. 

The facts remain that YoungWillz did have a short reign however, before being succeeded by King dean1991 with the demise of Mugabe. It seems doubtful that dean1991's reign will be nearly as long as that strongman's, however...

• Like 1

I think we'll  get more than 14 hits  to be the 2nd best year ever.Bear in mind we only had one hit before May 13 when Doris Day died and there are lots of nonagerians and centenarians who've lingered on long past their sell by date. I have a feeling the last 3 months could be quite fruitful; ! I'm going to take a guess at 15 hits to end the year ! 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

I think we'll  get more than 14 hits  to be the 2nd best year ever.Bear in mind we only had one hit before May 13 when Doris Day died and there are lots of nonagerians and centenarians who've lingered on long past their sell by date. I have a feeling the last 3 months could be quite fruitful; ! I'm going to take a guess at 15 hits to end the year ! 

I agree, this year could be good for DL!!

I'd go about 15 too - Stiles is hanging on much in the manner he hung onto the legs of tricky strikers and there's known terminal illness in advanced states elsewhere in the surviving talent pool.

• Like 1

Gonna be conservative at this point and think it’s the typical 12 hits a year. Especially since all of the extremely likely hits have gone now (Hawke, Clegg, probably Wouk, and in hindsight McCririck).

• Like 1

13 with douglas dole and lynn being the final three hits

8 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Gonna be conservative at this point and think it’s the typical 12 hits a year. Especially since all of the extremely likely hits have gone now (Hawke, Clegg, probably Wouk, and in hindsight McCririck).

Yup, one a month sounds about right - there's a bunch of them terminal on the list I know, but with how long they've been in the "two months to live" stage, I have no trust in diagnoses anymore (looking at you, Bracknell).

If those hits are either the centenarians or Carter, I think it would be good for next year's list - if they make it through the year, they're shoe-ins to remain on the list, and as I've said elsewhere, what the main list tends to lack is a bit of creative thinking for at least one or two of the names (which is to say, take a flyer on one of the younger lot that are ill/live a high risk party hard lifestyle. They may not get you a hit, but it'll make the list all the more interesting. My advice would be go 40s or 50s, and not ones like Bracknell that are terminal, but ones like van der Westhuizen or that one American actor whose name I can't recall who has early onset dementia/Alzheimer's/some sort of memory loss illness.)

I'd agree with one a month, so 12 or 13 in total. However, with no dead certs but plenty of low hanging fruit I wouldn't be surprised by anything in the 11 to 15 range.

I was looking good until those three in the space of 5 days in May kickstarted things. Will end up being a bang average 12.

• Like 1

The second half of the year is closely mirroring 2018 albeit a few days behind.  If we are going to do better than last  year the we need a hit  before 12th November.

The decade will be capped off with one of our 3 big centenarians going, I reckon. If not all of them.