Sign in to follow this  
Mirandagurl

Madness

Anyone here liking madness? maybe even old enough to remember their early days. The singer was saying it was 40 years of them as a band as of now

I don't have a favourite song btw, since they are all great some way or another, but i loved watching on TV last night when they played (I think it would have been better to be there though!)

the singer is pretty funny on stage and i laughed at his banter with the trombone guy

Lead singer looked like  he was experience inner madness on whatever channel he was on last night...

10 minutes ago, Mirandagurl said:

Anyone here liking madness? maybe even old enough to remember their early days.

Watch it.  :evil2:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Toast said:

Watch it.  :evil2:

When's the bus pass due?

They are fabulous, finally saw them a few years back in Bristol after years of saying I would, enjoyed them on the telly last night.  I think they’re rather under-rated.

• Like 1

Just now, Lard Bazaar said:

They are fabulous, finally saw them a few years back in Bristol after years of saying I would, enjoyed them on the telly last night.  I think they’re rather under-rated.

It was an old fella singing songs he can't sing anymore being backed by a bunch of musicians who were barely in time over an audience full of geriatric coffin dodgers (any of them famous, for DL Cup purposes?) and the waffling between songs was like someone took a Mark E Smith song and made it dialogue in an avant garde film...

11 minutes ago, Deathray said:

When's the bus pass due?

They keep moving the goalposts on those.

1 minute ago, Toast said:

They keep moving the goalposts on those.

Doesn't matter if you already got one does it?

1 minute ago, Deathray said:

Doesn't matter if you already got one does it?

It wouldn't, but I don't :D

There's fuck-all buses where I live anyway .....

29 minutes ago, Deathray said:

It was an old fella singing songs he can't sing anymore being backed by a bunch of musicians who were barely in time over an audience full of geriatric coffin dodgers (any of them famous, for DL Cup purposes?) and the waffling between songs was like someone took a Mark E Smith song and made it dialogue in an avant garde film...

You fucking wait till you get old you little shit bag!!!!

1 minute ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

You fucking wait till you get old you little shit bag!!!!

Thanks for the unwanted metnal image of Alex Turner or tootling around a BBC stage off his head on coke waxing bollocks at the age of 57 terrifies me... even though I'd be in my late forties by that point.

I did have a conversation via PM with @Predictor once about a dream I had regarding us both being around to deadpool when Alex Turner died in his early 90s or something, a rather weird train of thought on that one but I've long since deleted the PM.... it led to a discussion about stars of our generation who would be DDP Drop Forty picks iirc....

• Like 1

I had 'Our House' on yesterday. It's associated in my mind with what I imagine a DL meet up would be like. I don't know why.

• Like 1

I have some 2 (or 3?) CD set Best of Madness covers all the mandatory listening material.  TBH after 40 minutes you need to shut it off.  But I feel that way about and ska/wave bands like Fun Boy Three or Specials, Love it for less than an hour, then it's punishment.

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Ah, Suggs. Mr McPherson is 58 today! :birthday:

Is he ill?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Is he ill?

Only in the Beastie Boys sense of the word.....safe!