Guest Arnold

Sir Patrick Moore

I don't know much about his political views, nor his musical talent, but as an amateur astronomer I mourn his death. It's also regrettable that after 8 times on the DeathList we missed him this year.

I 'm glad that he's my 5th DDP hit.

regards,

Hein

I had him on my list, sad to see him go as he was part of my childhood TV watching.

An unbelievable miss for DL. :banghead:

Hit number 8 on DDP for me too though.

A tap in for the DDP pun. If he'd had lived into 2013 it would have been a bit more difficult with DL breathing down me neck...

Oh dear. What a loss. He did so well only the other day discussing the Moon and Murcury. But his lips were quite a strange grey colour that showed how unwell he really was. Following on from last months programme when he was not up to more than a few seconds of on-camera intro and wrap up shots.

One more for the list of un replaceable people who were expert in their field. Sad day.

R I P Sir Patrick.

He was well under-rated as James Bond in my opinion.

• Like 1

He worked for the BBC,begs only one question...........................did he fiddle with anyone???

Somewhere, in some strange place ( probably opp North) there is a middle aged fella, all alone, with just a cat for company, sobbing into a kleenex while cracking one off to celebrate the life (and obvious impact it had on him) of dear Patrick.

Never mind Star Crossed, he had to go eventually.

He worked for the BBC,begs only one question...........................did he fiddle with anyone???

never married or had kids ? Has the same vibe as ted heath did .

Though i think as an astronomer as one of the other posts said i respect him.

I have just realized he is on my ddp list too haha

3 out of 20 is not bad its bloody awful.

Maybe you should start a new "sister" forum "The Fiddle List" and we could all name people who we all think are paedos,probably not a good idea as we'd get sued

Maybe you should start a new "sister" forum "The Fiddle List" and we could all name people who we all think are paedos,probably not a good idea as we'd get sued

WE wouldn't..... You would.

• Like 1

An unbelievable miss for DL. :banghead:

The worst, actually.

The top 4 misses by number of appearances on a DL are:

1. Patrick Moore 8
  2. Alec Guiness 7
  3. Boris Yeltsin 7
  4. Dom Mintoff 5

regards,

Hein

Though i think as an astronomer as one of the other posts said i respect him.

I have just realized he is on my ddp list too haha

3 out of 20 is not bad its bloody awful.

Didnt take long

It was suggested by some that he might have been light on his feet. Very close to his mother, claimed to have never been with a woman after World War II.

All the people paying tribute just shows how it doesn't matter if you're a racist, sexist, homophobic right wing bigot as force of personality will win through in the end regardless

• Like 1

Bit harsh James B, I mean, you left out his musical talents!

• Like 1

Well, I feel sad. My friend told me in the pub at lunchtime that Patrick Moore had died and my eyes filled up. He has been there all of my life and was a one-off. (PM, that is, and not the friend)

I had never had the heart to put him on my DDP team but was finally about to cave in.

I wonder if the BBC will stop making the sky at night or continue it with a new host ?

382014_10151383466792498_1151223900_n.jpg

It was suggested by some that he might have been light on his feet. Very close to his mother, claimed to have never been with a woman after World War II.

His fiancee was killed towards the end of the WWII and he said 'second best would never be good enough'. Don't think PM could ever be accused of being 'light on his feet'. Now, which rocket will carry the old fellas ashes into space?

I wonder if the BBC will stop making the sky at night or continue it with a new host ?

Put your money on Brian May...

I thought some other dude has presented it for the last few years. I may be wrong as I have never watched it in my life

Put your money on Brian May...

I was gonna say that but tbh my heart is so heavy today and there were people posting all that crap

Fuck it I am so sad about this

Certainly a frustrating miss for DL... though, at least it's during a decent year. Could only imagine how irritating it'd feel if he died during the downright-disappointing 2011

Bit harsh James B, I mean, you left out his musical talents!

Ain't gonna lie, this was the first thing to come to mind upon hearing of his death. Still love that flash. Turns out weebl made a tribute version today: