Guest Arnold

Sir Patrick Moore

Just heard him a Radio 4 programme. He didn't sound well at all.

Compared with normal?

He's always had a funny voice, I can still remember Gamesmaster.

He was always unintelligible but this time he sounded ill.

Hey all new guy online just reading this moore topic and felt complelled to say somthing.

I belive he will pop his clogs this year its about time.

I also belive that we should freeze his corpse and give it to the first alien life we meet he would have wanted it that way :D

Since the pope popped his clogs I'm short 1 X John Paul for my RoboPope project however the likely plan b subject would definitly be a MOORE-209 with a flaw of blasting the sh** outta the stars 'Orion belt, your have 20 seconds to comply... ...goodnight!' :D

Since the pope popped his clogs I'm short 1 X John Paul for my RoboPope project however the likely plan b subject would definitly be a MOORE-209 with a flaw of blasting the sh** outta the stars 'Orion belt, your have 20 seconds to comply...  ...goodnight!' :D

Erm sorry, I only speak english you know.

Since the pope popped his clogs I'm short 1 X John Paul for my RoboPope project however the likely plan b subject would definitly be a MOORE-209 with a flaw of blasting the sh** outta the stars 'Orion belt, your have 20 seconds to comply...   ...goodnight!' :D

Iam Perplexed

Since the pope popped his clogs I'm short 1 X John Paul for my RoboPope project however the likely plan b subject would definitly be a MOORE-209 with a flaw of blasting the sh** outta the stars 'Orion belt, your have 20 seconds to comply...   ...goodnight!' :D

Iam Perplexed

Pleased to meet you.........

Since the pope popped his clogs I'm short 1 X John Paul for my RoboPope project however the likely plan b subject would definitly be a MOORE-209 with a flaw of blasting the sh** outta the stars 'Orion belt, your have 20 seconds to comply...   ...goodnight!' B)

Inferior single languaged being :D

Since the pope popped his clogs I'm short 1 X John Paul for my RoboPope project however the likely plan b subject would definitly be a MOORE-209 with a flaw of blasting the sh** outta the stars 'Orion belt, your have 20 seconds to comply...   ...goodnight!' :P

Inferior single languaged being :P

That's still one more language than you can manage, based on your earlier post. :huh:

Patrick looked a bit lost, rambled and mumbled his way though his lastest show put out in the early hours this morning.

Sad to say, but I don't think he has many more months in him let alone years.

Happily, though, he is on this year's list.

• Facepalm 1

Patrick looked a bit lost, rambled and mumbled his way though his lastest show put out in the early hours this morning.

Yes, but he's always been like that. The only thing I noticed is that he's now basically wearing his trousers around his chest.

Despite what earlier posters said in this tread, he sounded fine to me.

If anything he looked better than he did in the May edition.

The only thing I noticed is that he's now basically wearing his trousers around his chest.

Yes, there seems to be a time in most mens' lives when they have to decide whether their trousers should go 'over' or 'under'. Patrick has obviously opted for 'over' which I tend to think preferable, except in Simon Cowell's case of course.

Yes, there seems to be a time in most mens' lives when they have to decide whether their trousers should go 'over' or 'under'.

Hmm, a disturbing thought.

Wouldn't buying better fitting clothes help?

Patrick has obviously opted for 'over' which I tend to think preferable, except in Simon Cowell's case of course.

That's a mental image I didn't need. :banghead:

regards,

Hein

Re freezing him and giving him to alien life forms, Moore is a confirmed skeptic of many years standing in the area of ET life. For many years he was the predictable 'name' they dragged out to rubbish such claims. Doubt he'd appreciate the gesture of being given to inhuman life forms dead or alive.

;) Let not Patrick Moore's apparent decrepitude deceive you all! He may appear terminally shambolic, but numerous predictions of his imminent demise (even by the putative corpse himself) have all thus far failed to be vindicated. I confidently predict his survival into 2006!

I'll hold you to that.

What is the local brew round your way?

Mine's a pint if you're wrong.

(Assuming you don't live in Dennistuon, Glasgow)

;) Let not Patrick Moore's apparent decrepitude deceive you all! He may appear terminally shambolic, but numerous predictions of his imminent demise (even by the putative corpse himself) have all thus far failed to be vindicated. I confidently predict his survival into 2006!

Are you telling us that Patrick Moore supposes himself to be dead already? :banghead:

Are you telling us that Patrick Moore supposes himself to be dead already? :banghead:

I suppose it seems he is rushing it a bit??

:banghead: Let not Patrick Moore's apparent decrepitude deceive you all! He may appear terminally shambolic, but numerous predictions of his imminent demise (even by the putative corpse himself) have all thus far failed to be vindicated. I confidently predict his survival into 2006!

Are you telling us that Patrick Moore supposes himself to be dead already? :o

;) Meant to say prospective corpse. Must've been having a confused moment when I typed that - again. Sorry!

I should also point out the line:

It was while he was serving with the RAF that his sweetheart was killed in the Blitz, and he has remained single ever since.

Well, at least he's not a Jimmy Saville then ...

Que?

Bit late for an answer I know, but I suspect he's referring to rumours of JS necrophillia.

Guest iain

recent tv appearances seem to confirm that Sir Patricks health is deteriorating rapidly.His speech is now slurred and almost inaudible and he can no longer leave his house it seems.He has to get a co-presenter to travel around to do filmed pieces into his show nowadays.If he survives long enought to celebrate the 50th anniversaruy of Sky at Night in 2007 Im afraifd its unlikely he'll last much beyond that.He wil be sadly missed when he goes.

recent tv appearances seem to confirm that Sir Patricks health is deteriorating rapidly.His speech is now slurred and almost inaudible and he can no longer leave his house it seems.He has to get a co-presenter to travel around to do filmed pieces into his show nowadays.If he survives long enought to celebrate the 50th anniversaruy of Sky at Night in 2007 Im afraifd its unlikely he'll last much beyond that.He wil be sadly missed when he goes.

He looked reasonably healthy on 'The sky at night' today

Guest Guest
Re freezing him and giving him to alien life forms, Moore is a confirmed skeptic of many years standing in the area of ET life. For many years he was the predictable 'name' they dragged out to rubbish such claims. Doubt he'd appreciate the gesture of being given to inhuman life forms dead or alive.

I don't think THAT's quite right... he was proud of having a completely open mind on question like this - in an infinite universe, after all, it is absolutely certain that there are infinite possibilities. And just because we haven't found 'life' on Mars, for instance by no means excludes the possibility that it doesn't exist.

What he DOES get hot under the collar over is if you (accidentally or on purpose) confuse astronomy with astrology (sorry about ver spellings there).

I don't think THAT's quite right... he was proud of having a completely open mind on question like this - in an infinite universe, after all, it is absolutely certain that there are infinite possibilities. And just because we haven't found 'life' on Mars, for instance by no means excludes the possibility that it doesn't exist.

What he DOES get hot under the collar over is if you (accidentally or on purpose) confuse astronomy with astrology (sorry about ver spellings there).

You seem to know a lot about Sir P. Moore. You did actually miss out the most important part though - When is he going to die?