Guest Arnold

Sir Patrick Moore

He rocks in the Air Guitar album ad on TV at the moment. Does anyone out there know when it was recorded?

It was recorded in 2000 or 2001 not sure which.

Thanks for that, guess if they recorded him now it wouldn't be the right image for album.

Guest phil

I think old pat is a credit to the telescope bregade with out him we cannot

move foward in this life.Don't forget he's knows everything about life only on this planet if he passes over i think he will colanise other unknown planets.

GOD FORBID. :evil2:

patrickmoore7nt.gif

A great British eccentic is Patrick, this list is enhanced by his presence.

he's a top man I agree....similar to Lady Thatcher in terms of generating respect....

however , getting back to that guitar advert...I thought he looked well out of it. And if that was really filmed a couple of years ago , I feel its "bye -bye Patty " this year....

patrickmoore7nt.gif

A great British eccentic is Patrick, this list is enhanced by his presence.

It's like staring in the eyes of the f*****g Monalisa.

Get it off get it off..

his tee-shirt admits to him being gay ...yes ?

Guest ElTel

He is certainly not gay.... Anyone who has taken the trouble to read about his life will know that.

I suspect Patrick has very strong basic opinions about what should be done with gays!

<_<

He is certainly not gay.... Anyone who has taken the trouble to read about his life will know that.

I suspect Patrick has very strong basic opinions about what should be done with gays!

<_<

Does he, by any chance, think that all gays should be sent to Uranus?

Guest ETel

Now that's a good idea <_<

Now that's a good idea   <_<

Hang on, E Tel, one minute you sound homophobically upset about Patrick's 'outing' & then in the next you sound positively delighted that gays are being sent to uranus.

Please clarify your position.

Guest ElTel

I don't know what has confused you, I thought both postings were very clear.

If I posted what I believe to be Patricks views on this subject and some others, I could be breaking the law!

I don't know what has confused you, I thought both postings were very clear.

If I posted what I believe to be Patricks views on this subject and some others, I could be breaking the law!

WHOOSH!

And the tumbleweeds keep rolling by....

Guest ElTel

I'm offf now...getting bored

On a final note, dear old Partick is still here and made it to 2006. The doom and gloom here in 2005 has been proved wrong. As he would probably say "up your Uranus" to this horrible site <_<

I'm offf now...getting bored

On a final note, dear old Partick is still here and made it to 2006. The doom and gloom here in 2005 has been proved wrong. As he would probably say "up your Uranus" to this horrible site <_<

Very Good!

Whilst your gone, may I suggest you look up the definition of double entendre & avoid any clubs sporting the 'Blue Oyster' moniker?

I think old pat is a credit to the telescope bregade with out him we cannot

move foward in this life.Don't forget he's knows everything about life only on this planet if he passes over i think he will colanise other unknown planets.

GOD FORBID. :rolleyes:

Pray tell, what part of the telescope is the "bregade?"

And exactly how do you propose Sir Patrick will colonise these other worlds, given the fact that he'll be dead?

Guest Sully

Patrick's just appeared on BBC London news commenting on the closure of the London Planetarium and still looks in good health.

Patrick's just appeared on BBC London news commenting on the closure of the London Planetarium and still looks in good health.

Yes, I saw the same report & was going to post this earlier but I forgot! Should be good for some while yet - not on death's door. Yes, he's overweight, but looks healthy.

Yes, I saw the same report & was going to post this earlier but I forgot! Should be good for some while yet - not on death's door. Yes, he's overweight, but looks healthy.

A big change from about half a year or so ago, when everyone was just swarming this forum waiting for him to die...

He was also on the radio talking about the Planetarium and he sounded very confused. Maybe the TV let him have a few "takes" to get it right but he was mumbling about lottery money being given to gays......quote from the BBC website

"I have already had inquiries from people asking if they can't go to the London Planetarium, where can they go," Mr Moore said.

Mmmmmmmmmm any ideas where to go in London?

"I have already had inquiries from people asking if they can't go to the London Planetarium, where can they go," Mr Moore said.

Hampstead Heath, Old Compton Street and Clapham Common should cover most bases.

Hampstead Heath, Old Compton Street and Clapham Common should cover most bases.

Or the Admiral Duncan,

if you're of a nautical bent.

Guest David J Cook F R A S

How dare you people post such horrible tripe on this site.

Sir Patrick Moore has done his best to advance the understanding among the public of our Universe and its astounding phenomenae.

He is also, although he doesn't talk about it much, a war hero; one of his current problems is an old injury sustained when he was in the RAF.

He has always been a good sport, even when it meant taking part in tv shows which were satirical about him.

He is a sensitive and highly intelligent man and you have no right to attack him on this site.

- David J Cook FRAS

Space and Astronautics News

http://www.space.gs

He is a sensitive and highly intelligent man and you have no right to attack him on this site.

Don't worry, has always been a good sport, even when it meant taking part in tv shows which were satirical about him.

;)