Guest Arnold

Sir Patrick Moore

I wait with baited breath ...

Been eating a lot of sushi lately, my furry friend? :(

Guest AstroBoy

not related to whether or not he will die, but interesting nonetheless...

paddy moore used to work at the armagh observatory, where he took special interest in organising visits for kids. on pretty good authority i'm told he was asked to leave under a cloud of suspicion... if you get my drift. all hushed up of course.

he is so gay too. "my partner died in the war" has been an excuse for many ancient gays. he should just come out - not like anyone would really care.

i know someone who went on the sky at night and said that he couldn't get over how sexist and racist paddy was... so maybe people shouldn't think of him as all that lovable B)

not related to whether or not he will die, but interesting nonetheless...

paddy moore used to work at the armagh observatory, where he took special interest in organising visits for kids. on pretty good authority i'm told he was asked to leave under a cloud of suspicion... if you get my drift. all hushed up of course.

he is so gay too. "my partner died in the war" has been an excuse for many ancient gays. he should just come out - not like anyone would really care.

i know someone who went on the sky at night and said that he couldn't get over how sexist and racist paddy was... so maybe people shouldn't think of him as all that lovable B)

Blimey, who'd have thunk it...

Patrick and Rudolf Moshammer outed on the same day!!!

paddy moore used to work at the armagh observatory, where he took special interest in organising visits for kids.   on pretty good authority i'm told he was asked to leave under a cloud of suspicion... if you get my drift.  all hushed up of course.

I once heard Patrick Moore speak at a businessman's club event when I was 14. Seemed nice enough (signed autograph etc.), but I never did take up his offer to visit him in Selsey, ahem, to see his "telescopes". B)

paddy moore used to work at the armagh observatory, where he took special interest in organising visits for kids.   on pretty good authority i'm told he was asked to leave under a cloud of suspicion... if you get my drift.  all hushed up of course.

I once heard Patrick Moore speak at a businessman's club event when I was 14. Seemed nice enough (signed autograph etc.), but I never did take up his offer to visit him in Selsey, ahem, to see his "telescopes". B)

A businessman at 14? You're not Bill Gates in disguise, are you. Or a friend of weathermans? ;)

Did he offer to show you his "magic log"?

A businessman at 14?  You're not Bill Gates in disguise, are you.

If only. My father (Lawrence J. Pestilence II) was the member and took me along.

Or a friend of weathermans?  ;)

No comment. Tee hee. B)

Did he offer to show you his "magic log"?

;)

[edit] Ahh. Magic log. Weatherman. Ahh. [/edit]

I here he was aiming for 7,200!!!!

December 6th- Ok, I have purchased the Zamorak Plate and there is a new picture of me above. Sounds crazy but I am going for dragon square next, I am currently chopping magic logs and I need about 7,200. I will be chopping till about Jan.2nd,2005.

All I can say is 'Happy Chopping' B)

HeAr, HeaR.

(A bit of bating :lol:)

Actually, I've met Mr. Moore twice.

Didn't preposition me on either occassion.

Re Patrick, if anyone's still following this thread. His death might bring about a final solution to one of UFOlogy's longest running mysteries. In the late 50's a book called 'Flying Saucer From Mars' by Cedric Allingham had a brief moment of glory. It's transparent rubbish and a fairly obvious re-write of a story by an American called George Adamski.

Patrick Moore has long been suspected of masterminding the 'joke.'Especially since he continued talking about the book in his debunking of UFO stories long after the rest of the world seemed to have forgotten it.

Didn't preposition me on either occassion.

Already in position and bracing yourself were you? :lol:

The link above is pure class, greatly enjoyed in my office!

Guest alice

dont let my patrick die! XD

hes so cool! he plays the xylophone!

Guest david death

reports coming in on AP that inetrnstionally renowned astronomer and tv celebrity Patrick Moore suffered heart failure and died at his home on the south coast on wednesday evening.I must stress i cannot confirm it yet,though.

Guest starry eyes

why is Patrick Moore on the list?hes alive and well..not anywhere nerar death..please take him off the lista nd stop discussing him!

[Topics merged. I note that david death & starry eyes have the same IP address, and he has posted under 2 other different names over the past couple of days as well...

- RK]

I once heard Patrick Moore speak at a businessman's club event when I was 14. Seemed nice enough (signed autograph etc.), but I never did take up his offer to visit him in Selsey, ahem, to see his "telescopes". :)

Wise decision there, after all you wouldn't want him probing uranus .

Old gag, new member. :P

Guest WilberDaForce

He cannot die.

Not when I have had such a good idea for a TV programme with him as host. He was excellent on Game's Master.

How about an English version of Challenge TV classic, Takeshi's Castle but with Moore as the Eccentric Lord of the Castle.

Would be on Channel Five obviously. Cannot see how it would fail.

Anyway, I have a feeling he wants to outlive the Pope as I can see him being pissed off at the Catholic churching taking 400 years or so to apologise about how they treated Gallellaio (too late to check spelling).

Old gag, new member. :skull:

Ah, Beginners night at the S & M club.

Takes me right back...

Only JUST got that joke Anubis..... Excellent.

(It was a joke, wasn't it?)

Looks like the Moore's still got some time left: he's been making TV appearances. He's on Blue Peter tonight, and was on Richard and Judy earlier in the week.

Guest One Man Jury
He's on Blue Peter tonight, and was on Richard and Judy earlier in the week.

Disgusting for a man of his age.

Is `Blue Peter' one of those Brazilian Ladymen?