Guest Arnold

Sir Patrick Moore

he only appeared briefly at the start and finish of Sky at Night tonight with the vast majority of the show presented by his understudy.Not looking good for him really..

I must admit this "Moore watching" adds to the enjoyment of "The Sky At Night". A bit like "Kremlin watching", without the political edge.

regards,

Hein

he only appeared briefly at the start and finish of Sky at Night tonight with the vast majority of the show presented by his understudy.Not looking good for him really..

He did promise, though, that the next show will be from his home in Selsey.

We can all look forward to some concentrated study of his condition and temperament during that show, I'm sure.

I have a minor Patrick Moore-related anecdote which I'd like to share with you all. Whilst working as a waiter at the Beaumont Hotel many, many moons ago, I had the pleasure of serving breakfast to Patrick Moore and his friend, the late Norris McWhirter.

Mr. Moore asked me, very politely as you'd expect from the quintessential (albeit rabidly xenophobic) english gentleman, if I could bring him another two sausages. He'd found his breakfast "highly palatable", especially the sausages. I hurried to the kitchen and asked chef for another two sausages for Mr. Moore. Chef came back, lightning-quick, with a quip that had me and the other staff pissing ourselves with laughter, "Two more sausages? That MUST be a record! Quickly, call Norris McWhirter..." I still chuckle to this day, thinking of Patrick's record-breaking breakfast request.

As I said, a minor anecdote.

He did promise, though, that the next show will be from his home in Selsey.

We can all look forward to some concentrated study of his condition and temperament during that show, I'm sure.

I have a minor Patrick Moore-related anecdote which I'd like to share with you all. Whilst working as a waiter at the Beaumont Hotel many, many moons ago, I had the pleasure of serving breakfast to Patrick Moore and his friend, the late Norris McWhirter.

Mr. Moore asked me, very politely as you'd expect from the quintessential (albeit rabidly xenophobic) english gentleman, if I could bring him another two sausages. He'd found his breakfast "highly palatable", especially the sausages. I hurried to the kitchen and asked chef for another two sausages for Mr. Moore. Chef came back, lightning-quick, with a quip that had me and the other staff pissing ourselves with laughter, "Two more sausages? That MUST be a record! Quickly, call Norris McWhirter..." I still chuckle to this day, thinking of Patrick's record-breaking breakfast request.

As I said, a minor anecdote.

very very minor

Patrick Moore is not looking too well these days.

SirPatrickMoore.jpg

I think he'll see this year out, but as for next year.............

Guest iain
moore is going to be around for a few years yet his mother hit 90 something  :ph34r:

yeah but his mother probably didnt have heart disease ,a cracked spine and chronic arthritis :ph34r:

Im thinking hes a definate candidate for euthanasia.I think he has to take pain killers just to present Sky at Night and he now just does short inserts with his underrstudy presenting 90% of the show.All this pain and inmactivity must be getting him down.How long can he put up with it before giving up the ghost I wonder.He might make it to 2006,but maybe only just.Id make him no 1 for the 2006 deathlist.

moore is going to be around for a few years yet his mother hit 90 something  :ph34r:

yeah but his mother probably didnt have heart disease ,a cracked spine and chronic arthritis :ph34r:

Im thinking hes a definate candidate for euthanasia.I think he has to take pain killers just to present Sky at Night and he now just does short inserts with his underrstudy presenting 90% of the show.All this pain and inmactivity must be getting him down.How long can he put up with it before giving up the ghost I wonder.He might make it to 2006,but maybe only just.Id make him no 1 for the 2006 deathlist.

Partick Moore definitely does not look too well these days, but there are more deserving candidates for the #1 spot on the 2006 deathlist, if he lasts until then.

The way he's been wearing his trousers lately, he'll strangle himself soon.

Guest iain

Rumours to this effect are circulating around the BBC apparentely.We wait with baited breath in coming hours and days...

Guest iain

seems like old Patrick may be fading fast now.Stand by for a possibly imminent announcement....

Being interested in astronomy, he is one of the few on the list that I would miss. Still, every cloud has a silver lining: if he dies before the end of the year I get a free curry out of it due to my work deathlist.

I would imagine there will be plenty of puns when he dies. Perhaps I can kick them off with "Patrick no Moore". Not very good I know.

Still, every cloud has a silver lining: if he dies before the end of the year I get a free curry out of it due to my work deathlist.

Wow! You have a deathlist at work. Not sure what the reaction would be if I tried to set one up here. ;)

[Topics merged -- MH]

Edited by Magere Hein

Still, every cloud has a silver lining: if he dies before the end of the year I get a free curry out of it due to my work deathlist.

Wow! You have a deathlist at work. Not sure what the reaction would be if I tried to set one up here. ;)

[Topics merged -- MH]

Our deadpool at work at the moment has a prize of over £260.00 this week

Is Sir Patrick really dead/dying or is this iain playing the 'boy who cried wolf again'?

I did search but only found this.

I did search but only found this.
Astronomer Sir Patrick Moore, who witnessed the last transit in 1882, had to be restrained on Monday evening after becoming overexcited. Neighbours reported seeing Sir Moore being led towards an ambulance in a strait-jacket.

;)

regards,

Hein

seems like old Patrick may be fading fast now.Stand by for a possibly imminent announcement....

patrick-moore.jpg

Patrick Moore did not look very well in that picture. I would be very surprised if he is still alive 6 months from now.

Guest iain

Sir Patrick Moore is dying.I am telling you an announcement of his death could come any day now.(Im sorry if that upsets any of you).I am willing to bet £100 that he wil be next to go from this years list.

Sir Patrick Moore is dying.I am telling you an announcement of his death could come any day now.(Im sorry if that upsets any of you).I am willing to bet £100 that he wil be next to go from this years list.

Remember what happened last time you bet.

I believe it was on Ronnie Biggs.

What's your source anyway?

Sir Patrick Moore is dying.I am telling you an announcement of his death could come any day now.(Im sorry if that upsets any of you).I am willing to bet £100 that he wil be next to go from this  years list.

Betting on death. Mines with Patrick Moore.

Sir Patrick Moore is dying.I am telling you an announcement of his death could come any day now.(Im sorry if that upsets any of you).I am willing to bet £100 that he wil be next to go from this  years list.

Betting on death. Mines with Patrick Moore.

He seems to be this years Rodney Dangerfeild. ;)

Well Rodney turned out just right - Let's see if Patrick Moore

can follow in his footsteps.