msc

The 2019 Deathlist Cup

With the sad passing of Peter Tork will GUB (Great Uncle Bulgaria)  and I receive 3 additional points each I believe. R.I.P. Mr. Tork :rip:.

56 minutes ago, theoldlady said:

With the sad passing of Peter Tork will GUB (Great Uncle Bulgaria)  and I receive 3 additional points each I believe. R.I.P. Mr. Tork :rip:.

Then I saw his obit, now I'm a believer.

Tork's death gives GUB a consolation score, but in an inverse sort of twist of fate for Wormfarmer, he's now losing with a week to go. The Old Lady takes the lead.

1.       JoeMoneyPenny Vs. Pedro 3-3

2.       Nantonian 2013 Vs. Maryportfuncity 0-3

3.       Gooseberry Crumble Vs. John Key 0-3

4.       Spade Cooley Vs. Squonk 16-0

5. Markb4 vs Dr T 0-6

6.       Banana Vs. Great Uncle Bulgaria 12-3

7.       Yorkshire Banker Vs. Skinny Kiltrunner 9-9

8.       Alt Obits Guy Vs. Time 13-0

9.       Clorox Vs. Fixed Business 16-3

10.   The Mad Hatter Vs. Exu 9-0

11.   Master Tech Vs. Bibliogryphon 0-0

12.   The Unknown Man Vs. Boudicca 0-3

13.   Torva Messor Vs. The Old Crem 10-3

14.   The Quim Reaper Vs. BuffaloPhil  6-3

15.   Wormfarmer Vs. The Old Lady 6-7

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What a comeback by The Old Lady.

MSC what's the latest we can send a team in for second round ?Mid day 28th feb ok?

11 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

MSC what's the latest we can send a team in for second round ?Mid day 28th feb ok?

Midnight on the 28th.

Basically, February UK time OK, March UK time too late.

• Like 2

Shite, I'll need to put some work in during the next week.

Bawz.

Murderer Michael Murphy dead. 4 points to Dr T. So after all that brouhaha at the start of the month, Dr T is probably heading into Round 2 now.

1.       JoeMoneyPenny Vs. Pedro 3-3

2.       Nantonian 2013 Vs. Maryportfuncity 0-3

3.       Gooseberry Crumble Vs. John Key 0-3

4.       Spade Cooley Vs. Squonk 16-0

5. Markb4 vs Dr T 0-10

6.       Banana Vs. Great Uncle Bulgaria 12-3

7.       Yorkshire Banker Vs. Skinny Kiltrunner 9-9

8.       Alt Obits Guy Vs. Time 13-0

9.       Clorox Vs. Fixed Business 16-3

10.   The Mad Hatter Vs. Exu 9-0

11.   Master Tech Vs. Bibliogryphon 0-0

12.   The Unknown Man Vs. Boudicca 0-3

13.   Torva Messor Vs. The Old Crem 10-3

14.   The Quim Reaper Vs. BuffaloPhil  6-3

15.   Wormfarmer Vs. The Old Lady 6-7

• Like 1

6 hours ago, the_engineer said:

11:59 local 

• Like 2

For all the confident predictions (not from me, I hasten to add) that I'd massacre Nantonian it's squeaky bum time as the low scoring encounter rumbles on. Assuming we make it into round two a serious tactical re-think might be in order.

With the sad passings of both Reverend Ruth Scott and Peter Tork, my just-incase-I-make-it-to-March list is getting a fucking hammering.

PM'ed you my team over for round 2 MSC

• Thanks 1

Are there rules for losing names from this months list for next month? 

1 hour ago, John Key said:

Are there rules for losing names from this months list for next month? 

Nope. In theory you can sneak through on the coin toss on a 0-0 and use the exact same team.

• Like 1

On 05/02/2019 at 10:11, msc said:

The Appeals Cmme has heard your complaint but refers to Ms McLean's awarding of the Queen's Service Medal (sort of the OBE for NZers) and her 50 year career in academia research. She is clearly a notable name in NZ historical and genealogical circles (which a Fnd a Graver would not be) and thus is more famous than that angler, the guy from Trinidad and Destinee McEwen*. Just.

*Did she die?

The British Casting champion, no idea who was from Trinidad, and a fraud (therefore but a fellow Detroiter).  All frauds basically.  At least the Kiwi had the gumption to die....albeit a day early.

Goddamn you, Joker, make it to the starting gate!  I’ve waited 6 weeks in disbelief no one has mentioned this person...don’t you fucking fail me now!  Going to be close!

SirC

2 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Goddamn you, Joker, make it to the starting gate!  I’ve waited 6 weeks in disbelief no one has mentioned this person...don’t you fucking fail me now!  Going to be close!

SirC

Olivia de Havilland? 

8 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

The British Casting champion, no idea who was from Trinidad, and a fraud (therefore but a fellow Detroiter).  All frauds basically.  At least the Kiwi had the gumption to die....albeit a day early.

The Trinidad guy was historian Angelo Bissessarsingh, considerably not a fraud as he were one of the very first Cup hits!

15 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

The Trinidad guy was historian Angelo Bissessarsingh, considerably not a fraud as he were one of the very first Cup hits!

Oh I thought @msc was razzing MY selections (sorry msc I’ll just turn in Wouk and de Havilland :rolleyes:).  He should have said the tractor pulling hall of famer (who was a great pick, but died a month after the Cup ended).  If getting chastised for drilling down to find a good name is my embarrassment, I embrace it.

1 minute ago, Sir Creep said:

Oh I thought @msc was razzing MY selections (sorry msc I’ll just turn in Wouk and de Havilland :rolleyes:).  He should have said the tractor pulling hall of famer (who was a great pick, but died a month after the Cup ended).  If getting chastised for drilling down to find a good name is my embarrassment, I embrace it.

First three to come to mind, honest. Bissessaringh stick in my mind because he KO'd me from the Cup!

No chastising for drilling down to find a good name, merely defence of folks ability to do the same. Joey's African rapper was another good one off the radar of everyone else (died about 20 minutes into the month...).

The rapper was an awesome pick.  I hope to duplicate it this month if this person can squeeze two more days of life out of their earthly soul.  Funny, reading updates it’s like ‘should I even include this person are they sick enough’ to ‘shit they may die too soon!’  

Ahhhh the wonderful world of DP celeb updates.

Been presumptuous enough this morning to PM a round two squad - bit tense in the MPFC dugout as the final moments tick down.

• Like 1

10.   The Mad Hatter Vs. Exu 9-0

@Exu

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDsJRO4WKiSs-cJXXyxC5

...and we are all silent.

I just sent my March team to msc.  Best of luck to my worthy opponent, the Dead Cow.

Mine's in with msc, having spent literally minutes doing a bit of ineffectual research, though I'm certainly not complacent of the fact that my polite rival Phil could quite easily slap me down within the next 26 and a half hours and render it pointless.

• Like 2

Sent. Not sure how successful I'll be. Only just got back from an adventure race down South. Hard to research without internets.

• Like 1