msc

The 2019 Deathlist Cup

My team's in too. Curious game theory situation though, as my potential opponent and I have a great deal of overlap in our February teams, and identical scores. It is possible my March matchup used similar research methods, and, pleased with succeeding to the next round, replicated them. Maybe it's going to come down to the coin flip or the cool name.

3 minutes ago, Torva Messor said:

My team's in too. Curious game theory situation though, as my potential opponent and I have a great deal of overlap in our February teams, and identical scores. It is possible my March matchup used similar research methods, and, pleased with succeeding to the next round, replicated them. Maybe it's going to come down to the coin flip or the cool name.

Oh, good point. I entered my Feb squad with a name but haven't seen anyone else mentioning team names.

Come on, Auchinfecked Talbot!!

As posted in Old Folkies Home, I QUIT!  My fucking Joker died a day and a half early.  Fuck me.  Fuckity fuck fuck.

You won Spade, I really don’t have any other names worth a piss.  Robbie Smith of the band Naming The Twins was my ace in the hole.  

SirLoserC

I have emailed a list for next month just incase I unexpectedly triumph at the last minute but I don't think it's ever going to be used somehow! 

Round 2

1.       Rad Vs.  Yorkshire Banker OR Skinny Kiltrunner

2.       Chorizo Vs. Grim Up North

3.       Clorox Vs. Alt Obits Guy

4.       Nantonian2013 OR  Maryportfuncity Vs. The Quim Reaper OR BuffaloPhil

5.       DDT Vs. Death Impends

6.       The Dead Cow Vs. Deadsox

7.       Charon Vs. Engineer

8.       Deathray Vs. The Mad Hatter

9.       Gcreptile Vs. msc

10.   Joey Russ Vs.  Banana

11.   Sir Creep Vs. Spade Cooley

12.   Torva Messor  Vs Dr T

13.   Master Tech OR Bibliogryphon Vs. Book

14.   Gooseberry Crumble OR John Key Vs. Heef

15.   Young Willz Vs.  JoeMoneypenny OR Pedro

16.   Wormfarmer OR The Old Lady Vs. The Unknown Man OR Boudicca.

OK, I think I've reminded everyone not yet to put in a team who might need to. State of play above - teams in bold are in.

If folk add FFBI picks from now - I'll just add First Sub.

Penalties state

Joe v Pedro

Master Tech v Bibliogryphon

Yorkshire Banker v Skinny Kiltrunner

These penalty shootouts have been undertaken, with a two pence coin dating back to 1996 apparently, and a host with dodgy co-ordination. Short of it, I know who wins those three ties now. So three of you might want to hurry up with late winners! Results at midnight (if needed) as usual.

• Thanks 1

Team sent. Borderline fodder across the board, so much so I've added 11 subs, I hope that satisfies your quest to make your job easier on this being the last day. 

And by all means feel free to copy the "why you send it so fucking late" rant templates I normally use back at me. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, msc said:

So three of you might want to hurry up with late winners! Results at midnight (if needed) as usual.

Since my list is in, I guess this means I am out, as long as Banker gets his list in.   Good luck to everyone for the remainder of the cup.

17 hours ago, deadsox said:

I just sent my March team to msc.  Best of luck to my worthy opponent, the Dead Cow.

That's me in as well, best of luck to you too, though I must confess my amount of research and resulting team is less than worthy of an opponent like you. I am not feeling confident.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

Since my list is in, I guess this means I am out, as long as Banker gets his list in.   Good luck to everyone for the remainder of the cup.

Both of your teams were in when I woke up this morning.

Obviously one is heading out but that's Cup play for you.

• Like 1

As the young wombles (principally Orinoco) and I sang back in the day

Oh la la la la hey banana

don't you step on de skin

oh la la la la hey banana

Womble up de rubbish and put it in de bin

At 12-3 down to Banana it is safe to assume I have indeed stepped on de skin and been well and truly wombled up and binned.

Who would have guessed that 34 years later those lyrics would prove so prophetic?

Anyway, congrats Banana. Time for a nap and then concentrate on the league...

• Like 2

just put in my team. 

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted, lol!

11 folk most likely 'at it', submitted.

Good luck Engineer, but I don't think you'll need it :lol:

8 hours ago, msc said:

Round 2

5.       DDT Vs. Death Impends

6.       The Dead Cow Vs. Deadsox

9.       Gcreptile Vs. msc

11.   Sir Creep Vs. Spade Cooley

No offence to everybody else and I know this has been said before but those 4 ties look more like the Quarter Final draw.

Good luck everyone! 

1 minute ago, Grim Up North said:

No offence to everybody else and I know this has been said before but those 4 ties look more like the Quarter Final draw.

Good luck everyone! 

But given Round 3 is last 16, its possible none of the above make the Quarters!

Of course, the Round 3 draw will show up at midnight too.

Still to enter teams:  Joe OR Pedro, Spade, Sir Creep, banana, Joey, DI, DDT, Rad. Also I have given Heef the option to sub a pick, but have auto-subs waiting if need be, so he's grand either way.

An anonymous female mod just nabbed one of my few uniques left! :o:lol:

Oh yeah, round of applause to Dr T who got his team in yesterday to avoid a repeat of last time.

Okey dokey given confirmation above that Mad Hatter's team is in. Here's my 11, I've had no rejection email so will assume they've all been accepted. :)

1 W.T Johnson (US college footballer)

2. Philomena Canning (midwife activist)

3. Noel Conway (right to die campaigner)

4.  Joan Collins (Gemma's mum)

5. Barbara Hammer (artist)

6. Hussein Kyanjo (Ugandan legislator)

7. Leah Bracknell (actress)

8. Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi (terrorist)

9. Alexander Mishkin's grandmother (I honestly can't find a name but her disappearance was widely reported.)

10. Sherri Madson (mother of student who celebrated graduation early on her behalf; https://www.littlethings.com/student-early-graduation-terminally-ill-mom/)

11. Sally Sheridan (actor and mother to Nicollete Sheridan)

Just now, Deathray said:

Okey dokey given confirmation above that Mad Hatter's team is in. Here's my 11, I've had no rejection email so will assume they've all been accepted. :)

1 W.T Johnson (US college footballer)

2. Philomena Canning (midwife activist)

3. Noel Conway (right to die campaigner)

4.  Joan Collins (Gemma's mum)

5. Barbara Hammer (artist)

6. Hussein Kyanjo (Ugandan legislator)

7. Leah Bracknell (actress)

8. Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi (terrorist)

9. Alexander Mishkin's grandmother (I honestly can't find a name but her disappearance was widely reported.)

10. Sherri Madson (mother of student who celebrated graduation early on her behalf; https://www.littlethings.com/student-early-graduation-terminally-ill-mom/)

11. Sally Sheridan (actor and mother to Nicollete Sheridan)

I presume ya can guess which 4 have been subbed for the first 4 on that kind list you sent of subs.

I've had to masterlist 280 odd entrants so far (25 x 11) and have a normal real world day, so subs are happening as they happen.

6 minutes ago, msc said:

I presume ya can guess which 4 have been subbed for the first 4 on that kind list you sent of subs.

I've had to masterlist 280 odd entrants so far (25 x 11) and have a normal real world day, so subs are happening as they happen.

Jesus christ, good luck with it. And yes the real world is a load of shite as well (why most of start these when we have a day off on New Years!)

And why no Hares update two months in....

:axe:

Been away for a few days but wasn't agitating to see how I was doing given my miserable result!  Congrats to Spade and I hope you go on to win, so I can say I was beaten by the best!

• Like 2

Since death ray has made his team public I've decided to follow suit.

1. Euesnbio Pendoza (joker)

2. Sachleen Little feather

3. James Watson

4. Jose Jose

5. Peter Tobin

6. Michah Bowie 

7. Jean Louis Trintigent

8. Sam Lloyd

9. Tim Conway

10. Bat McGrat

11. David Powlison 

The Month-To-Month Tenants (March 2019) team has been sent in.  Already informed my Joker isn't unique.  Wasn't expecting it -- just hoping Cooley doesn't have the person.
Just realized - I have 4 females on the pitch!   I still think I'm going to rue Robbie Smith dying 28 hours before the opening whistle.  Not one of you bastards knew he existed.

SC