msc

The 2019 Deathlist Cup

On 07/02/2019 at 08:02, Sir Creep said:
On 07/02/2019 at 06:00, John Key said:

Maybe I should be knowing some of these NZers, but I don't know either of these nobodies :P Good job Torva on leading the month! 

They never die, it’s just one of those months.  If Mike Willesee suddenly dies this week then fuckall. 

Ummm ....

Congratulation to The Mad Hatter. A worthy winner. I look forward to following your progress in the cup with interest.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, msc said:

Also, for the record, this has been a long week with, among other things,  my mum in hospital for part of it (shes on mend), so any moaning about who has what pick and their fame levels tomorrow will be met with a friendly "Get to fuck!" :)

6 hours ago, Banana said:

I don't understand how this Destinee McEwen chick is an acceptable pick by any means. I don't understand this singing claim to fame. No offence to SC, if anything props on somehow getting this through, but it's ridiculous how she's accepted, but Flores isn't because "it's not confirmed" even though she's clearly old as fuck and has claim to fame for being old as fuck.

4 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

I’m not offended lol.  

FWIW She was given 5 months to live December 2017.  She’s still kicking.  Suddenly someone is afraid she’s going to die?

cmon now, as they say, pick your fights. And the time to fight was last year when she was accepted.  She sang for Obama, claim to fame.  *shrugs*

4 hours ago, Banana said:

I'm not facing you so I don't really care. I care more about some of those that we're denied (i.e. Flores + the prisoner duo) and I seriously don't understand where the line actually is for fame now. Now, I'm not trying to argue with msc or anyone else, simply voicing my displeasure. msc can run this however he deems fit.

:D

Please do not upset our wonderful host. The rules are quite clear - the fame line is wherever msc wants to draw it and we should all be good with that because he's prepared to put in all this effort for our enjoyment - particularly impressive is the midnight shift every single month end for 6 months.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Image result for round 2 ring girls

Chorizo (Clayton, Capon, Hammer*, V Lynn, Heine, Ricksen, Robucci, Quintana, Kerslake, Blanco, Rehbogen)

Vs Grim up North (Donbavand*, Capon, Starling, Pongia, Clayton, Blanco, Jackson K, Hammer, Noble, Duncan, Kerslake)

GAME ON!!

7 hours ago, Heef said:

Well, as I picked Chng too, I won't be too disappointed if you're the one who's right about her prospects.

I see Spade has picked Chiemi Hori. I rejected her on a similar premise as I was dubious about Chng. I guess I'll find out in time whether I rejected the right ones or not.

Hori was a sub pick for me after Philomena Canning was rejected. As such I didn't do as thorough research on her, but she's clearly dying and as far as I'm aware still in hospital, so she's worth a punt.

8 minutes ago, Deathray said:

@Grim Up North

At least put the full track up:

My computer is only 4 minutes from my changing room so the full track is too long for my walk on :D

Just now, Grim Up North said:

My computer is only 4 minutes from my changing room so the full track is to long for my walk on :D

You only play 30 seconds to a minute at most events anyway :) . The point was a more simple one, the best version of a song should always be shared on forums.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Gah! Me and Pedro for The Long March!

MonTheJags!

Up the Bee's

GL Willz

• Like 1

11 hours ago, msc said:

OK... this is how the coin tosses looked. Explaining early due to situation (and I already said one result above)

3 coin tosses

Master Tech v Bibliogryphon (Heads)

-          Heads. Biblio leads 1-0

-          Tails. 1-1

-          Tails. 2-1 Tech

-          Heads 2-2 Biblio

-          Heads

-          Bibliogryphon wins 3-2 on penalties.

Yorkshire Banker vs Skinny Kiltrunner (Heads)

-          Tails. 1-0 Banker

-          Heads. 1-1

-          Tails. 2-1 Banker

-          Heads. 2-2

-          Tails

-          Yorkshire Banker wins 3-2 on penalties

JoeMoneyPenny vs Pedro (Heads)

-          Heads. 1-0 Pedro

-          Heads. 2-0 Pedro

-          Tails. 2-1

-          Tails 2-2

-          Tails

-          JoeMoneyPenny wins 3-2 on penalties.

What did Pedro do to curse all money against him? 0 for 2 in the coin toss.

HOWEVER, nothing has been heard from Joe since January, and he's not looked at my PM reminders.

So, while hes more than welcome to add in a late late team here, AS IT STANDS, Pedro will move into Round 2 as a lucky loser, and will face Young Willz.

Almost certainly secured a last minute winner somewhere now, but this forum gets grumpy when I try and post everything at midnight...

My reputation in this game is awesome.

I am now in the second round for the second time but I have yet to have a hit. I do not think my teams are bad though I do avoid FFBI types. Thanks @Master Tech for your gracious comments and good luck next year. Though I do hope you might consider a team for Scavenger Hunt Bingo III which inches ever nearer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm walking on to this. Sound of the summer baby:

A O (Guy), let's go!

On 03/01/2019 at 14:40, msc said:

DI suggested a clearing up of allowable supercentarians before a fight breaks out. So here's the exhaustive list of folk who are just really old, but allowed due to being one of the staple foods of historic deadpooling:

Folk notable for things other than being old. Alexander Imich or that Sri Sri guy.

The "oldest living X" - so Harry Patch, for example. But be sensible, this is not for the Oldest Living Farmer in Fuckity Cares, Texas.

World's oldest top 20, verified. No 160 year old con men from Bolivia.

Oldest 5 living men AND women from the UK and US.

That should cover all the notables or press covered folk.

As for what constitutes FFBI, ask yourself one question: are they notable for any reason other than illness? Not necessarily to yourself (look how many stars get "who?" responses on this forum!) but to anyone.

My rules on allowable 110+ year olds are fairly clear and have few grey areas.

D3stin33 Mc3w3n got a big buzz for singing at that Presidential gala thingy for Obama before she became ill. She is absolutely bottom of the barrel threshold acceptable, but you'll find some players are very very good at playing to the exact letter of the law. See also Spade's joker.

Last year I got really pissed off with all the fame criteria whinging, so made it much stricter this year hence Canning and Phelan and those NZ sisters missing out.

Anyhow, Will 'e see April? No. That's a bad miss for all of us.

Good luck to charon. I think john starling could be the difference, completely missed him.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

Good luck to charon. I think john starling could be the difference, completely missed him.

One of two misses that will nobble my chances imo. His downward spiral came after the hosts team went in.

The second is Barbara Hammer, feminist director on her last breath, nearly. I was chatting about her to Reptile and Joey few days prior. Put my team in with Willz for safekeeping. Reptile put his team in, so after that, we were ecomparing chances. Him - "Where's Barbara Hammer on your team?"

Me - "Oh FFS! I completely forgot about her!" :banghead:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, msc said:

See also Spade's joker.

There is something seriously amiss with my google search capabilities - even though I know the full name of this person, their reason for 'fame' and that they are Spade's joker I can find no indication anywhere that there is something wrong with them. :scratchhead:

2 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

There is something seriously amiss with my google search capabilities - even though I know the full name of this person, their reason for 'fame' and that they are Spade's joker I can find no indication anywhere that there is something wrong with them. :scratchhead:

This one tweet. Given who picked her, probably gone by Sunday tbh.

Probably should all be worried about the DDP in 2020, there's a sleeping tiger waking up...

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, msc said:

I was chatting about her to Reptile and Joey few days prior.

So do some of you share potential candidates and discuss them together off forum? 

14 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

So do some of you share potential candidates and discuss them together off forum? 

I'm guessing PM conversations.

There is a facebook group for DL though - but you have to not be a cunt to be invited, which counts me you and I'd assume Joey out. There is also a discord which is dead as a dodo I think. (just logged in; it is indeed!)

• Thanks 1

What Deathray says, basically.

My PM inbox -with teams and queries yesterday - went to 98% full, even with deletions! And that's with DI boosting my PM inbox limit after Round 1 of the Cup blew it up.

EDIT - I'm not in the Facebook group, given its for the cool cats. :D

4 minutes ago, Deathray said:

I'm guessing PM conversations.

Well wtf? I thought it was every man for himself. So we need to gather allegiances like in GOT?

Ha - how naive am I? This changes everything.

• Haha 1

Well wtf? I thought it was every man for himself. So we need to gather allegiances like in GOT?

Why do you think Battle of the Bastards was used in the last round :D

* Think one post in FB group in last 2 years. It isn't used.

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

OK @Grim Up North GUN it's you and I, and now we can decide who we let in our elitist club.  PM me lol (not j/j).
Oh I see @msc is a misfit too, he's a member too.
I'm adding @alt obits guy cuz he seems pretty intense.  I like him. 

I think that's a decent enough foursome to put others on their heels.  

• Like 1

Very? :lol:

Tbh if all the folk I used to chat with on PMs are my clique,  I'm a crap Clique President - TMIB is still gone!

3 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

OK @Grim Up North GUN it's you and I, and now we can decide who we let in our elitist club.  PM me lol (not j/j).
Oh I see @msc is a misfit too, he's a member too.

Well if we had been collaborating you wouldn't have missed Starling and I wouldn't have missed Bat.

I thought pms were just used for team submissions and maybe general chat but sharing potential picks just smells a bit pissy. And if it smells like piss...... 

• Like 1