msc

The 2019 Deathlist Cup

Glad I could keep my streak of ultra quick hits going for another round, in spite of submitting a few days early.

1 hour ago, msc said:

Pedroza died early Friday, local time ie today, 1st March. So points for nearly every player except Grim ( :P) by looks of it, soon as the English speaking world notices.

Somehow the bobbing and weaving Pedroza avoided the punches of both myself and Spade.  Amazing.  (I fault putting stock in his son's comment, and just kinda forgetting about him, not sure @Spade_Cooley's excuse).

17 minutes ago, Deathray said:

I think what is hilarious is the fact you think there's "all star" teams rather than it being a case of names coming up in general ongoing PM conversations about other topics (which is the more likely scenario). 

Well if that were true that would be fine but I don't think that is the case.

Barbara Hammer, as far as I can see, was first posted on the forum on 25th Feb so admittedly available to all to see at that point. 

msc submitted his team on 19th Feb to YW

The conversation took place before then.

So one of msc, gcr or Joey brought up the name to the other two or they could not have discussed.

Anyhow I can't stop private conversations whether I think they are right or not so I'm either in with the rules as I now understand them or I'm out.

Whichever though I do think it's a bit disappointing.

I wonder if there would be any mileage in a paid deadpooling consultancy service?  I could set up a premium rate phone number and give my views when people phone me up with their ideas. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

I wonder if there would be any mileage in a paid deadpooling consultancy service?  I could set up a premium rate phone number and give my views when people phone me up with their ideas. 

Be more impressed if you got the IPv6 issue sorted with the site.....

coffee3.gif

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

I note that the fantasy football manager Jay Egersdorff has a Patreon account for FPL tips, which makes him around £700 a month.

His current FPL ranking is 560,881 in the world, meaning there are 560,880 people more qualified for that position than him this year.

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Barbara Hammer, as far as I can see, was first posted on the forum on 25th Feb so admittedly available to all to see at that point. 

So one of msc, gcr or Joey brought up the name to the other two or they could not have discussed.

Anyhow I can't stop private conversations whether I think they are right or not so I'm either in with the rules as I now understand them or I'm out.

Just wait til you find out deadpool hosts nick your picks for their DDP teams....

Of course this never happens!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, msc said:

Pedroza died early Friday, local time ie today, 1st March. So points for nearly every player except Grim ( :P) by looks of it, soon as the English speaking world notices.

Although not overtly stated as an obituary, this is certainly an acknowledgement of his death.  Could it suffice for those (unlike me) who had him?

http://www.wbaboxing.com/boxing-news/eusebio-pedroza-the-beast-with-19-defenses#.XHlRwKB7mUl

5 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

I know of Hammer because she's a DDP pick. And Alt Obits Pick. And Hares Pool pick, etc.  As presumably did the few folk who sent her in pre-25th Feb (not including Joey, who waited till the last minute, and Reptile, who picked her on the DDP in the first place anyhow).

What happen is thus: circa 80% of people in the Cup (including Sir Creep ftr) don't just send in their team and that's it. They ask queries about folk being allowed, they hum and haw, then they finally send in a bloody team on the final day which, after all this, is 90% names everyone already knew. Not talking with each other (that I know of), just to the host. More so since the FFBI bar came in. "Is this person allowed?" "No." "But they once worked with Casey Kasem, here's their CV and references!" And so on. "Can I send a team in 20 mins?" "Yeah?" (4 hours later) "Ok, I still need to work on my Joker..."  Reptile, for example, asked about a whole lot of borderline cases (eg those cystic sisters), and wasn't the only one. And so on.  That's it. 

And the fucking joke (which is on me) is that having congratulated Reptile on an under the radar pick for the DDP on January 2nd, he had far more faith in my deadpool research than most sane people do, and assumed I'd remember her. So when I wished him good luck in the Cup, he noted her as a likely shared pick. And yes, I had in fact Google found her the week before my team went in (don't we all do string searches for feminists with cancer in the news in the last month? Among many others?) then promptly forgot to add her to Cup shortlist. A wee Doh bit of a laugh at my own misfortune,  I thought. Oh well.

So, now I've explained why you've gone off on a tangent about fuck all, can you please stop badmouth my credibility as a host, thanks? Before I start to get grumpy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Although not overtly stated as an obituary, this is certainly an acknowledgement of his death.  Could it suffice for those (unlike me) who had him?

http://www.wbaboxing.com/boxing-news/eusebio-pedroza-the-beast-with-19-defenses#.XHlRwKB7mUl

"Have to say goodbye". It counts.

Points.

The Hatter gets his joker in, which means in 3 Cup rounds (to date) he's scored a minimum of 6 each time, so far.

Round 2

1.       Rad Vs.  Yorkshire Banker 0-0

2.       Chorizo Vs. Grim Up North 0-0

3.       Clorox Vs. Alt Obits Guy 0-0

4.       Maryportfuncity Vs. The Quim Reaper 3-0

5.       DDT Vs. Death Impends 3-3

6.       The Dead Cow Vs. Deadsox 0-3

7.       Charon Vs. Engineer 0-0

8.       Deathray Vs. The Mad Hatter 0-6

9.       Gcreptile Vs. msc 3-3

10.   Joey Russ Vs.  Banana 3-3

11.   Sir Creep Vs. Spade Cooley 0-0

12.   Torva Messor Vs Dr T 3-0

13.   Bibliogryphon Vs. Book 0-0

14.   John Key Vs. Heef 0-0

15.   Young Willz Vs.  Pedro 0-0

16.   The Old Lady Vs. Boudicca. 0-0

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, msc said:

I know of Hammer because she's a DDP pick. And Alt Obits Pick. And Hares Pool pick, etc.  As presumably did the few folk who sent her in pre-25th Feb (not including Joey, who waited till the last minute, and Reptile, who picked her on the DDP in the first place anyhow).

What happen is thus: circa 80% of people in the Cup (including Sir Creep ftr) don't just send in their team and that's it. They ask queries about folk being allowed, they hum and haw, then they finally send in a bloody team on the final day which, after all this, is 90% names everyone already knew. Not talking with each other (that I know of), just to the host. More so since the FFBI bar came in. "Is this person allowed?" "No." "But they once worked with Casey Kasem, here's their CV and references!" And so on. "Can I send a team in 20 mins?" "Yeah?" (4 hours later) "Ok, I still need to work on my Joker..."  Reptile, for example, asked about a whole lot of borderline cases (eg those cystic sisters), and wasn't the only one. And so on.  That's it. 

And the fucking joke (which is on me) is that having congratulated Reptile on an under the radar pick for the DDP on January 2nd, he had far more faith in my deadpool research than most sane people do, and assumed I'd remember her. So when I wished him good luck in the Cup, he noted her as a likely shared pick. And yes, I had in fact Google found her the week before my team went in (don't we all do string searches for feminists with cancer in the news in the last month? Among many others?) then promptly forgot to add her to Cup shortlist. A wee Doh bit of a laugh at my own misfortune,  I thought. Oh well.

So, now I've explained why you've gone off on a tangent about fuck all, can you please stop badmouth my credibility as a host, thanks? Before I start to get grumpy.

It's alright the Elite Deadpool Host Collusion club has been formally established now! 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, msc said:

So, now I've explained why you've gone off on a tangent about fuck all, can you please stop badmouth my credibility as a host, thanks

Yes

(although it had nothing to do with the host bit).

47 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Barbara Hammer has been on my B-team since the beginning of the year!

You're free to pick any picks I already picked months ago!

Also, we don't share picks, but we occasionally mindfuck each other.

• Like 1

Well @Book. This will be a different setting for our duels which are normally played out in 20/20. 

Some of that form would be nice here.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Barbara Hammer has been on my B-team since the beginning of the year!

You're free to pick any picks I already picked months ago!

Also, we don't share picks, but we occasionally mindfuck each other.

i pick my picks using a google search in this pool. Just for the record the search for this was "terminally ill activist" which lead me to Barbara Hammer's Exit Interview where I checked if she was obitable and whether her fame came close to being acceptable. It was that simple. (I'd not seen references on the forum)

Anybody not searching terminally ill activist and such-like for DL Cup is not doing due diligence. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Well @Book. This will be a different setting for our duels which are normally played out in 20/20. 

Some of that form would be nice here.

Yes @Bibliogryphon, and our Cup-teams are 100% different! :D

This will be a nice and fair game, good luck to you!!!!!!! :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Deathray said:

i pick my picks using a google search in this pool. Just for the record the search for this was "terminally ill activist" which lead me to Barbara Hammer's Exit Interview where I checked if she was obitable and whether her fame came close to being acceptable. It was that simple. (I'd not seen references on the forum)

Anybody not searching terminally ill activist and such-like for DL Cup is not doing due diligence. 

You could simply shorten that query and get more results. 

Also, being completely honest, hadn’t heard of Hammer until she was mentioned in 54321. Same with Crouch, but couldn’t find any info on him until after the deadline and team submission. 

I'd seen a headline in the first week of February about a hospice-bound right-to-die activist, read the article, and instantly recognized the name as that lesbian film director on Reptile's B Team. There is no grand conspiracy, just a lot of players with good research games!

Anyone who talks about their upcoming death in The New Yorker is not "off-the-radar" tbh.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Banana said:

You could simply shorten that query and get more results. 

Also, being completely honest, hadn’t heard of Hammer until she was mentioned in 54321. Same with Crouch, but couldn’t find any info on him until after the deadline and team submission. 

It's one of about three dozen similar searches I do over a few cups of coffee. It's seems to work okay.

A shame Pedroza went so soon. If he'd hung on for another 24 hours I'd have had scored a birthday bonus on another death pool website.

MPFC line up for the month

Marsh Pratley - JKR

Kathleen Blanco

Grace Catherine Jones

Tim Conway

Noel Conway

Greg Gilbert

Maria Giuseppa Robucci

Jean-Louis Trintignant

Fernando Ricksen

Eusebio Pedroza

Sam Lloyd

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

MPFC line up for the month

Eusebio Pedroza

And he fucking takes the lead already...

mf.gif.7a1ec2b5b8584149830835b55be6f692.gif

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

And he fucking takes the lead already...

mf.gif.7a1ec2b5b8584149830835b55be6f692.gif

Aye, but - I took an early lead last round then bricked it in the dugout for a few weeks. Early days and all that