msc

The 2019 Deathlist Cup

Clayton's sad demise puts Fear into 3 ties...

No jokers but potentially a lot of game changers.

But first, Chorizo, Grim, Reptile and me all shared the songwriter, so no change.

Also Rad extends his lead, and is likely Banana's next victim... sorry, I mean opponent. Nah, victim...

On 27/03/2019 at 18:53, The Quim Reaper said:

I should think Maryport's got the victory in the bag. But nethertheless I'll try cobble together a list if I get a chance on Friday.

Please pick more of my DDP team in future and then curse them with terrible predictions.

Yes, TQR of "I am totally losing this round 1/2/etc tie, arse burgers!" fame has taken the lead on forum veteran Maryport.

Young Clorox, another Cup newcomer, takes the lead against 2018 AO Deadpool winner, AO Guy.

And Death Impends takes the lead on hits in the Admin Derby.

Elsewhere, the coin toss for Old Lady/Boudicca has happened. And teams for Round 3 can come in. Currently its me v Deathray in the final by default...

Round 2

1.       Rad Vs.  Yorkshire Banker 9-0

2.       Chorizo Vs. Grim Up North 12-9

3.       Clorox Vs. Alt Obits Guy 9-6

4.       Maryportfuncity Vs. The Quim Reaper 3-6

5.       DDT Vs. Death Impends 15-15

6.       The Dead Cow Vs. Deadsox 3-3

7.       Charon Vs. Engineer 3-0

8.       Deathray Vs. The Mad Hatter 3-6

9.       Gcreptile Vs. msc 19-12

10.   Joey Russ Vs.  Banana 15-22

11.   Sir Creep Vs. Spade Cooley 7-15

12.   Torva Messor Vs Dr T 15-3

13.   Bibliogryphon Vs. Book 0-6

14.   John Key Vs. Heef 4-3

15.   Young Willz Vs.  Pedro 0-3

16.   The Old Lady Vs. Boudicca. 0-0

• Like 5

Not much time left to salvage the insipid Kiwi derby.

Mind you, at least our tie has much in common with the football managed by our All Whites national football team. Dull and uninspiring. Certainly well off the pace compared to our more illustrious Northern Hemisphere colleagues.

@msc - if, by some late quirk of fate, I somehow emerge from the Kiwi Grudge Match as the winner, then please use the same team with the next sub on my list to replace the departing Hammer. I think this scenario is, by now, unlikely but better to have a team in just in case.

And, assuming that I do lose to John Key, then I will be able to empathise with a generation of different NZ Labour politicians.

There's a well-shuffled MPFC squad already PM'd in case of a last minute deluge of death in the current ranks

Given the fact Quim's latest counting pick had likely shaved about ten times in his life I'll need a dead joker or two down in the final day to squeeze through

6/16 in already. So we wont get a Deathray v msc Default final anymore. Just as well, really, if I'd lost to a team with Lio Messi as joker, I'd probably have to quit the forum in shame! :lol:

Reminders sent to folk in the lead, etc. Should anyone fail to turn up, like Joe last time, this Cup is based on precedent, and so to avoid that sort of thing again, I have randomly drawn every Round 2 likely loser - except me - to provide a Lucky Loser.

So if we get a no show or two, the following 3 people were drawn in order to replace them:

1. Bibliogryphon

2. Joey

3. Engineer

Although I don't think that'll be needed at all, but there it is in case of emergency.

EDIT At 23.15 - Joey and Engineer eliminated barring late comebacks as only 1 team out standing now...

The Old Lady very nicely suggested that both 0-0ers forfeit and let Joey back in. That ain't happening, but a round of applause for magnanimity anyhow.

16.   The Old Lady Vs. Boudicca. 0-0

zzzzzz....

Sorry, I mean the coin toss has happened on this super exciting tie:

Old Lady (heads) v Boudicca (tail)

- Tails. Bou leads 1-0

- Tails. Bou leads 2-0.

- Heads. 2-1

- Tails. Bou wins 3-1.

Hard luck Old Lady.

Although 0-0 FFS...

• Thanks 2

Sent in a team in the off chance I become a lucky loser. Don’t think that will happen mind you, but better to be safe than sorry...

Have submitted a squad for April.

Assuming no late twists await in the waning hours of the day, good game DDT. The Admin Derby lived up to the expectations of an exciting and close match, though indeed unlucky we faced each other when both our sides would've easily defeated most of this round's participants.

Good luck to John Key.

• Like 1

Just sent in my list, if Death Impends 15 points from March is anything to go by, I don't stand a chance! 

I've just seen I'm against Book (subject to no more deaths in the next 7 hours)

I am totally losing this round, arse burgers!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Teams In. Looking forward to last min Willz hit and coin toss.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I want to congratulate Banana on winning this round. I knew it wasn’t going to be easy for me to beat you this time, and I hope you do well in later rounds of the cup. :) 

• Like 2

Can confirm Boudicca and The Mad Hatter are in.

So, short of last minute deaths in those ties, from tomorrow we can all enjoy Bou Cassidy and the Morbid Kid. :D

Gag stolen off DI.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Pedro67 said:

Teams In. Looking forward to last min Willz hit and coin toss.

Isn't going to happen I think.

May all your hits be Deathlist Cup hits from now on Pedro, good luck when you go through.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Wrong JS...

I know I know - I just got sick of seeing it ping up every time I kept checking!! :D

Wouldn't have changed anything between Clorox & myself, as we'd both picked him and both also had him as a joker in March.

Meanwhile, good luck to him and to everyone who has made it through to April.

• Thanks 1

Well done QR - good luck in round three

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Well done QR - good luck in round three

Cheers Mary! 'Twas a close one.

@Book. You see what I'm capable of. Start worrying*.

*Don't bother. You'll probably piss all over my team.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Death Impends said:

Have submitted a squad for April.

Assuming no late twists await in the waning hours of the day, good game DDT. The Admin Derby lived up to the expectations of an exciting and close match, though indeed unlucky we faced each other when both our sides would've easily defeated most of this round's participants.

Good luck to John Key.

Well done DI, the better team won.  I knew I'd have to raise my game to stand a chance against you, which makes my decision to pick Dame Vera over Luke Perry even more inexplicable.  

• Like 1

Congrats charon and best of luck in the next round i'm really bad at this lol. :lol:

Well I pity da fool that gets knocked out in Round 2.  Well done Torva!  Best of luck to you and everyone else in Round 3.

• Like 1

OK, so this morning when I woke up I was greeted with news from the Admin and Mods team. This suggested one of our number was unlikely to be able to submit a team. I wont pry further than have been told already, and ask that none of you do, either.

Hence, the Lucky Loser random draw which brought up Bibliogryphon as the randomly chosen "winning loser".* (This ever happens again, it'll be Highest Ranking Loser instead.)

And so, this is the announcement, given without any joy, that the role of charon in the 2019 DL Cup will now be played by Bibliogryphon.

Teams will be up once I add Biblio's team to the list.

• Like 2