msc

The 2019 Deathlist Cup

Vonda McIntyre, SF author, has died aged 70. Wrote some of the first authorised Star Trek books, you know, and gave Sulu his first name. Now she is Su-long, DI gets joker points. That's two DDP heavyweights with 8 point leads already, are we due a Clash of the Titans in the Quarterfinals?

At least, that was my speil until it came out that Mahendran, one of the most acclaimed directors in Indian film (and believe me, that's quite an accolade), has died. So Spade actually has 11 points. Somewhere someone's handed a poisoned chalice to Biblio, and Joey is breathing a sigh of relief I didn't go for Best Losing Score! Death Impends also had Mahendran, so do we have a Quarterfinal set already on April 2nd?

The directors death gives more usual score leads to Banana and Clorox.

Round 3

1.       The Mad Hatter vs Boudicca 0-0

2.       Rad vs Banana 0-3

3.       John Key vs Death Impends 0-11

4.       The Quim Reaper vs Book 0-0

5.       Gcreptile vs Pedro 0-0

6.       Chorizo vs Torva Messor 0-0

7.       Bibliogryphon vs Spade Cooley 0-11

8.       Deadsox vs Clorox 0-3

• Like 6

1 hour ago, msc said:

3.       John Key vs Death Impends 0-11

It was fun while it lasted

• Like 3

With all due respect to Biblio and Key, could we end up seeing Squonkings even more lopsided than the namesake one?

Things moving quickly in the April match ups.  Had J. Mahendran as my joker pick for the team I submitted, in case needed.  Conversely, Vonda McIntyre is a name with which I'm not familiar.

8 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

With all due respect to Biblio and Key, could we end up seeing Squonkings even more lopsided than the namesake one?

:o

Surely that's not appropriate when you're one of the people doing the Squonking! :D

• Haha 1

I’m not complaining but what’s the difference between Gryb and Hayit compared to the others that were denied in previous months? I wasn’t going to pick them anyway just wanting to know for future reference considering I never even bothered putting them down in my file. 

Hayit's the leader of a Tajikistan political party, Gryb is a jailed terrorist (or at the very least, hes in jail for the crime).

• Like 1

Been avoiding DL for a bit.

Thought if sign on and congratulate Spade on a solid victory.  The battle of the SCs!   Best of luck going forward in Cup 19.  

SirC

• Like 3

Bill Heine's death is all over the news now. If you think I'm annoyed Spade beat me to a "jump the shark" pun, well, you'd be right.

Points for Rad and Banana, with Banana maintaining a small lead. TQR takes the lead against Book. Torva and Chorizo share points. Clorox goes 6-0 up, against an opponent who is difficult to beat in the Cup. Meanwhie, Reptile cashes in his joker, and Death Impends extends his lead.

Mr Key, I think you might want to skim over these updates now on health grounds tbh...

The only goalless game left is Mad Hatter/Boudicca. I have the Kid as highly fancied in his section of the Cup, but weird note is that Boudicca is yet to concede a single point in the Cup. The record is 70 days, held by Young Willz, and Bou is now at 62. Mentioned before MH gets his first points...

Round 3

2.       Rad vs Banana 3-6

3.       John Key vs Death Impends 0-14

4.       The Quim Reaper vs Book 3-0

5.       Gcreptile vs Pedro 6-0

6.       Chorizo vs Torva Messor 3-3

7.       Bibliogryphon vs Spade Cooley 0-11

8.       Deadsox vs Clorox 0-6

• Like 2

Heard the news that Heine had died on the radio at work. Thought I’d jokered him. Came home. Apparently I hadn’t. Bugger.

Still, I’ll savour this moment of being in the lead!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Heard the news that Heine had died on the radio at work. Thought I’d jokered him. Came home. Apparently I hadn’t. Bugger.

Still, I’ll savour this moment of being in the lead!

Yeah, those who take an early 3-0 lead might get caught with a late winner (it happened in one close tie in the last round)

Re Heine - he's my DDP sub. 19 of that starting line up are still alive.

• Like 1

Ly Tong has sung his song, played his Pong, gone to Hong Kong etc. Rad cashes in his joker and takes the lead, the first time I think Banana has been behind in the Cup. Also cashing in Joker points is Clorox who takes a surprisingly commanding lead. The third team to have Tong Points is Spade, who has a deeply competitive knife edge tie...

Round 3

2.       Rad vs Banana 9-6

7.       Bibliogryphon vs Spade Cooley 0-14

8.       Deadsox vs Clorox 0-12

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Wow, can't believe I actually managed to get ahead of Banana. I hope it lasts. Regardless, should be a high-scoring round between us two.

As for Mr. Tong, from what I read about him, he seemed like a reactionary sociopath and he will not be missed.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, RadGuy said:

Wow, can't believe I actually managed to get ahead of Banana. I hope it lasts. Regardless, should be a high-scoring round between us two.

As for Mr. Tong, from what I read about him, he seemed like a reactionary sociopath and he will not be missed.

Calling him a "reactionary sociopath" is a bit extreme. Vietnam, cuba and North Korea were/are well known for stamping over human rights (like all communist countries). Opposing them doesn't make you a reactionary.

Well I knew this was going to happen. This is why you don’t submit early <_<

Actually this is all going to plan. Spade gets his early lead from his massively low hanging fruit and later in the month when the Grim Reaper finally gets off his bony backside he will start mopping up all those lingerers starting with my list. Sweeping me to victory by the end of the month.*

*Do not be surprised if this does not happen

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Kid is gonna utterly trash me but I don't mind. Always liked him and he's from Cork an all that.

Ave Imperator, morituri te salutant kiddo!

Belgian singer Paul Severs has died aged 70, four weeks after suffering a massive heart attack.

https://www.lesoir.be/217436/article/2019-04-09/le-chanteur-belge-paul-severs-est-mort

Waiting for a better source before I feel confident on cashing in 4 points.

To my mind, one of the great underrated wrestling commentary calls comes from the cursed WrestleMania VII at the end of the Undertaker/Snuka squash match.

"I don't believe that! That is Superfly Jimmy Snuka!"

Villainous commentator and all-round GOAT Bobby Heenan seems legit gobsmacked at the most protected murderer in 80s wrestling being treated by a newcomer like a complete redshirt.

And I ain't saying he's a murderer, but he's certainly a Deadpool Veteran, so I feel much the same staring at the scoreline between 2017 Cup winner Deadsox and young Mr Clorox.

Paul Severs gets his QO here. Hopefully by the time you see it, they'll have fixed the formatting crash, but it is what it is. Four points for Clorox, Deadsox gets to feel sever-ed, and I am properly gobsmacked in a way I rarely am...

Round 3

2.       Rad vs Banana 9-6

7.       Bibliogryphon vs Spade Cooley 0-14

8.       Deadsox vs Clorox 0-16

Btw, Boudicca's clean sheet is now 68 days. She'd equal Willz's record on Thursday - can she make it? Keep tuned.

• Like 5

On 07/04/2019 at 22:16, Boudicca said:

Kid is gonna utterly trash me but I don't mind. Always liked him and he's from Cork an all that.

Ave Imperator, morituri te salutant kiddo!

You're getting thrashed by MK, of all fucking people.

• Confused 1

Check the scoreboard/ stats, enfant stupide, and come back to me with a reason to take your negging seriously, cunto!

Love ya!

<torrent of abuse incoming>

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Deathray said:

You're getting thrashed by MK, of all fucking people.

Zero:

# of times Deathray passed a mathematics course.

# of Deathray career victories in DL Cup.

# of Deathray’s mum’s children that survived childbirth.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Zero:

# of Deathray’s mum’s children that survived childbirth.

...wait a second...

• Haha 4

21 hours ago, Banana said:

...wait a second...

One to many edit.... I'll stick with it.

• Haha 1