msc

The 2019 Deathlist Cup

Someone else will need to hold Evans now. Points for Banana and Clorox.

1.       The Quim Reaper vs Boudicca 3-3

2.       Spade Cooley vs Death Impends 8-0

3.       Reptile vs Banana 0-6

4.       Clorox v Chorizo 7-3

• Like 1

How many heart attack must one man have (in a week)

Before you call him a Cup hit?

The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind

The answer is... four or five apparently.

Yes, Subir Nandi kept surviving heart attacks like he was in a Chumbawumba chorus, but the Reaper kept hitting him with them, like drol cursing every living old Asian. Reaper never loses, but the musician (highly acclaimed in Bangladesh) gave it a good innings, like something something cricket joke here.

So that's 3 more points for Spade. The Spade List is back, everyone else give up on all 2020 deadpools now. Sir Creep and others called Spade/DI a highly anticipated boxing match pre-game - tbh, so far,  it reminds me of the highly anticipated Lewis/Tyson fight of 2001-ish, when Mike got absolutely fucked.

Also that is 3 points for Banana, who is looking like he wants to give Reptile his annual thumping, sorry GCR. The winner of that tie faces Spade (or DI) next round.  Elsewhere, Boudicca takes the lead, at which point TQR will no doubt go "Fuck a walrus, I am utterly doomed to inevitable defeat!" or what not. :lol: Bou might have a Fairy Godcreep to talk to, but even then, luck and smart non-SC style hits have done for her very well so far. Tbh, both have done well in their Cup debuts, if you ask me.

So then Jean Vanier died, and got a slam dunk BBC obit. So that's more points for Clorox, Spade and DI sharing points, and Banana unleashing his joker on Reptile.  I don't know how this keeps happening, Reptile, I'd take it as an honour that some fine DPers each year assume they need to play their A* game just to beat you.

And in late breaking news - thanks Clorox - Cecila Huerta has died. All GDPR-d but the gist exists on Google. So that's more shared points for Spade/DI. Less Tyson/Lewis, more your typical Acolytes/Hardys match from 99. Too obscure and I know it.

I'll end this update of 3 deaths with the news that Sunny Garcia might go anytime, as he's on life support going off social media? Or was last I checked few days ago. I think if the King of Surfboards follows the King of Surf Rock, it might be time gentlemen please for sure on Reptile and Chorizo.

1.       The Quim Reaper vs Boudicca 3-6

2.       Spade Cooley vs Death Impends 17-6

3.       Reptile vs Banana 0-15

4.       Clorox v Chorizo 10-3

• Like 6

Heh, well, if I manage to lose to the best monthly performance for the third time in a row - I ain't even mad!

Though to be fair, whenever I've lost, my performance wasn't really much to begin with.

Of course, I knew about all these names but decided against them (e.g. I put much importance in a single tweet that suggested a more long-term care program for Msr. Vanier). 

I promise though that I'll get at least one unique hit this month and the end result will not be quite as devastating as it appears now.

Here right on cue, msc :P

Fuckit. That’s all my hopes gone. Bugger, poo, piss and pants :tantrum:

• Haha 1

Ok, Sprent Dabwido is points for everyone except Spade. So TQR and Bou share points, with both scoring more than they did in the last Round(s?) and Bou's defensive record shredded. Chorizo scores, but falls further behind to Clorox who gets Joker points. Reptile also scores his joker, so reduces the margin to 12...

And Death Impends scores his joker, making Spade/DI a 8 point game, 17-12 9 after a mere 8 days of action.

1.       The Quim Reaper vs Boudicca 6-9

2.       Spade Cooley vs Death Impends 17-9

3.       Reptile vs Banana 6-18

4.       Clorox v Chorizo 16-6

• Like 2

After 92 days without a hit -- Bou has 3 hits in 6 days.

6 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

After 92 days without a hit -- Bou has 3 hits in 6 days.

82 days. She scored with Walter Jones on Feb 10th way back on Page 11 of this thread.

• Like 1

Fair enough I just went by an earlier post.  Still.... stuck with names like Dabwido and Starlling.  Odd Spade of all folks abandoned him.  

Honestly thought he was faking it, just seemed like a great way for him to get media coverage and apologise for the immigration thing. Still, is that the only ever head of state who was formerly a bodybuilder before taking up politics?

23 hours ago, msc said:

So that's 3 more points for Spade. The Spade List is back, everyone else give up on all 2020 deadpools now. Sir Creep and others called Spade/DI a highly anticipated boxing match pre-game - tbh, so far,  it reminds me of the highly anticipated Lewis/Tyson fight of 2001-ish, when Mike got absolutely fucked.

At 17-12 now is there a sniff of Barcelona/Liverpool...……..

My joker was Blanco, not Dabwido. I see how the error was made - both were recorded as jokers for me on the masterlist.

As for Dabwido himself, one of the recent videos about him showed his final interview spliced with footage of him from his presidential years, so the contrast pretty much told to me he was either near death or an Oscar-worthy method actor.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

My joker was Blanco, not Dabwido. I see how the error was made - both were recorded as jokers for me on the masterlist.

BREAKING NEWS

The VAR officials have had a look at that goal and reduced the points. The score is now 17-9.

Kindness to a fault, I don't think anyone else of us spotted that!

10 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Honestly thought he was faking it, just seemed like a great way for him to get media coverage and apologise for the immigration thing. Still, is that the only ever head of state who was formerly a bodybuilder before taking up politics?

And his final interview he wiped out whatever legacy he may have had.  He was suffering from dumbassedness on the way out.

On 01/02/2019 at 00:03, msc said:

Round 1

The Quim Reaper (...T Conway...)

On 01/03/2019 at 00:04, msc said:

Round 2

TQR (...Conway T...)

On 01/04/2019 at 00:06, msc said:

Round 3

The Quim Reaper (...Conway...)

On 01/05/2019 at 00:01, msc said:

Qfinals

(Pei-tsun*, Kerslake, Dabwido, Gilber, Robucci, Blanco, Tanaka, Starling, Donbavand, Lloyd, Genson)

Sometimes I can be such a knob.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

RIP Tommy.

Scores updated.

1.       The Quim Reaper vs Boudicca 9-12

2.       Spade Cooley vs Death Impends 17-9

3.       Reptile vs Banana 6-21

4.       Clorox v Chorizo 19-9

• Like 3

11 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Sometimes I can be such a knob.

Uggggghhhhhhh !!!  

I HATE when I do that (which is often enough).

Just a brutal feeling.

SC

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Thanks Willz.

And now its a 4 point tie.

1.       The Quim Reaper vs Boudicca 9-12

2.       Spade Cooley vs Death Impends 17-13

3.       Reptile vs Banana 6-21

4.       Clorox v Chorizo 19-9

• Like 3

As I am about to leave for a prolonged weekend trip - congrats and good luck Banana

Not my best performance, almost comically so.

Jorge Vergara: was supposed to be dying of pancreatic cancer and being intubated in hospital. Having disappeared from public view for months. Then he resurfaced with a tweet mid may, saying everything is fine.

Sergio Denis: hospitalised after a collapse on stage since march. Suddenly all drug abuse stories came out. I suspect he's in a vegetative state

Maria Falzone: dying of cancer and out of public view since January. Predicted to live until around April at that point

Pau Dones: Disappeared from social media in January after bad cancer news

Syed Ali Geelani: My sudden-hospitalisation pick that didn't work. He survived in spite of his bad health history. There are still rumours about his health status. But he lives to see another month

Destinee McEwen, Stanley Crouch, Lil Queenie Harris: Three people in hospice for over a month, all still alive

Johnny Harris: Was worth a try, also wishful thinking as he is in my B-team. Nearing the finish line but not there yet.

Ani Yudhoyono: Was fighting leukemia, hospitalized already for two months and critical end of April. Slowly recovering, for now.

Yeah... I really expected more from that bunch

• Like 1

I've never heard of any of those people, which may be a clue as to why I don't play this pool.

• Like 2

I knew who Stanley Crouch was before I played this pool, what do I win?

2 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

I knew who Stanley Crouch was before I played this pool, what do I win?

Will answer this on August 1st.