msc

The 2019 Deathlist Cup

Thick end of the competition now.

Exciting. And with the onslaught, who is to deny that all the ties are capable of turnround between now and the closing minutes of tomorrow?

I already know Spade and Clorox are putting in teams later tonight, and Banana tends to put in a team quite late to the deadline, and Bou is formulating a team, but...

Right now at 15.53 on the 31st, @The Quim Reaper is winning the Cup by default! :lol:

So here's his moment in the sun before elimination at midnight, short of a last minute shock or him actually getting mob connections to nobble the competition.

• Haha 2

Spade Cooley vs Banana

Boudicca vs Clorox

Spade  (Nelstar*, Bass, Bill, Christofias, Kelly, Long, Milat, Noble, Sleggs, Powlison, Yudhoyono)

Vs Banana (Yudhoyono*, Christofias, Milat, Weakland, Bill, Sleggs, Musharraf, Garcia, Genson, Blanco, Sizun)

Boudicca (Yudhoyono*, Moore, Doherty, Essex, MacDonald, Toole, Musharraf, Bill, Rehboga, Sizun, Davis)

Vs Clorox (Bill, Blanco,Christofias,Figes, Long, Milat,Musharraf, porridge,Sleggs*, Wickham, yudhoyono)

1.       Sam Bass – Spade

2.       Bushwick Bill – Bou, Spade, Banana,Clorox

3.       Kathleen Blanco – Banana,Clorox

4.       Demitris Christofias – Spade, Banana,Clorox

5.       Steve Davis (punk) -Bou

6.       Brian Doherty – Bou

7.       Steve Essex –Bou

8.       Kate Figes - Clorox

9.       Sunny Garcia – Banana

10.   Ed Genson -Banana

11.   Joe Kelly – Spade*

12.   Tom Long – Spade,Clorox

13.   Steve MacDonald (musician)- Bou

14.   Ivan Milat – Spade, Banana,Clorox

15.   Tim Moore (wines) – Bou

16.   Perez Musharraf –Bou,Banana,Clorox

17.   DJ Nelstar – Spade*   DNS

18.   Lee Noble –Spade

19.   Genesis Porridge - Clorox

20.   David Powlison - Spade

21.   Johann Rehboga –Bou

22.   Ji Sizun – Bou, Banana

23.   Michael Sleggs – Spade, Banana, Clorox*

24.   Mac Toole- Bou

Verne Wagner -  Spad

25.   Rembert Weakland – Banana

26.   Jerry Wickham - Clorox

27.   Lady Ani Yudhoyono – Bou*, Spade, Banana*,Clorox

• Like 5

Genuinely I couldn’t have wished to have been twatted out of the competition by a lovelier and more worthy adversary.

I shall be cheering from the grandstands for Bou :clap:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sam Bass? I can find 4 of them, all dead. Is there another?

3 minutes ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

Sam Bass? I can find 4 of them, all dead. Is there another?

Pretty sure Spade picked this Sam Bass:

Will admit I was a bit confused at first too since there was another Sam Bass who died earlier this year...
  • Thanks 2

On 30/04/2019 at 17:51, Death Impends said:

Team is in. Good luck Spade. I don't doubt fate dictates I get bridesmaided yet again, but I shant go down without a fight!

Pretty much exactly what happened there! Well done Spade, the better team won. I think leaning too heavily on last-minute critical gambles did me in above all else.

Boudicca gets an award for having all 3 of the celebs with (parentheses) after their name.

Yudhonoyo points

Need an obit for the DJ.

Spade Cooley vs Banana 3-6

Boudicca vs Clorox 6-3

• Like 1

Sounds like the DJ died in May, @Spade_Cooley?

California time stamp, 8 hours behind us so 31st May on Twitter.

Twitter defaults to your timezone, not the timezone of the poster. I thought this might come up because I saw a FB post elsewhere saying he had died "this evening". However, there's eight hours between California and London.

I don't think anyone uses the term "evening" for anything before 6pm, so surely Nelstar died, at the earliest, 2/3am GMT? 

37 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Twitter defaults to your timezone, not the timezone of the poster. I thought this might come up because I saw a FB post elsewhere saying he had died "this evening". However, there's eight hours between California and London.

I don't think anyone uses the term "evening" for anything before 6pm, so surely Nelstar died, at the earliest, 2/3am GMT? 

Will hold the fort till an obit arises, although in the option of fairness (as this presumably wont sort out before the midnight cut off tonight for subs in play), I suggest you name a sub joker from your starting 11 just in case.

3 hours ago, msc said:

Will hold the fort till an obit arises, although in the option of fairness (as this presumably wont sort out before the midnight cut off tonight for subs in play), I suggest you name a sub joker from your starting 11 just in case.

I'm 99.999% sure it'll turn out he died in June GMT, but on the off-chance I'll take Joe Kelly as a back-up captain.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

I'm 99.999% sure it'll turn out he died in June GMT, but on the off-chance I'll take Joe Kelly as a back-up captain.

https://www.legacy.com/funeral-homes/obituaries/name/nelson-stitt-ii-obituary?sid=107154659&v=forestlawn&pid=193039828

Mr. Nelson Alexander Stitt II

Apr 4, 1983 - May 31, 2019 (Age 36)

Los Angeles, California

Died in May.

Also, all this GMT talk confused me - we both know the Cup uses local time - remember your own Tania Dalton in 2017, dead in March NZ time, but February UK time.

Anyhow, as we're talking rules not needed since 2017, Death Impends has reminded me you actually have 7 hours to put in a sub 11th player on your team, according to Rule 10.

ffs you're right. That's annoying. Researching now.

Why wouldn’t you have had a sub like anyone else?  Shoulda been tough fucking shite.

I hate to be a stickler for rules, however this directly affects me so I feel I should speak up

Rule 10 states that his top sub would come into play, not that he can just choose anybody after the deadline for submissions. If he didn't make any sub picks, then he's down to 10 picks. However I can't see what Spade sent in, so I'll leave it at that for now.

• Like 2

Well now you invite cheating.  I’ll just turn in a name I know is dead, no sub, say oops and have a day to get more updated info.