Sign in to follow this  
Joey Russ

Jean-Louis Trintignant

Decided to give a topic to this critically acclaimed actor. Stopped treatment in July, so surely a 2019 death, right?

5 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Decided to give a topic to this critically acclaimed actor. Stopped treatment in July, so surely a 2019 death, right?

Who is he and what's he been in? 

6 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

A Man and a WomanThe Desert of TartarsZThe ConformistAmour just to name few. Guy is a legend in France and Italy.

12 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

3 minutes ago, drol said:

A Man and a WomanThe Desert of TartarsZThe ConformistAmour just to name few. Guy is a legend in France and Italy.

Maybe in France and Italy, I don't think he would pass the famousness test here in the UK.

14 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Proper famous French actor, despite not being in many English films. Star of Z, massive film in the late 60s that got nominated for buckets of Oscars/BAFTAs and won a bunch. And Amour, that French film few years back that made it big and got Emmanuelle Riva an Oscar nod right before she carked it.

One of the few popular DDP picks this year my mum brings up in conversation unprompted too. She really likes The Conformist (early film by recently dead Bertolucci) and the Three Colours trilogy, which were big here too.

Don't worry, I'd never heard of Alvin Stardust when he died, but he was proper famous too...

PS He's also known over here for his daughter getting murdered by a pop star.

23 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

He was in God Created Woman with Brigitte Bardot - you probably won't be looking at him if you watch it though.

He must also be in a Western because he's the joker in my DDP Western theme team.

Don't know who he is, but I respect whatever his oeuvre presents.  He is a classic deathpool name where 90% of the folks would be clueless, particularly as he didn't perform in English language stock as mentioned.
That all said, he was a very late cut I admit, but a very late cut because SCreep stared at his name and finally came to the realization he was in his 80s, and thus 5 lousy fekkin DDP points -- the equivalent of a miss -- and unless and if and only if he was D40 would he be 8 points and worth a roster spot.  So he got the ax for being a bad choice.  Plus no guarantee of death or a QO for that matter, though both more likely than not.  As for D40, well--I didn't choose him, so there goes a smidgen of percentage points.  
SC 

His name should ring a bell with anyone who takes even a mild interest in cinema. 

• Like 3

I think there is a realistic chance that he can survive this year. His cancer hasn't spread already, right? And it's just prostate cancer.

39 minutes ago, Prophet said:

I think there is a realistic chance that he can survive this year. His cancer hasn't spread already, right? And it's just prostate cancer.

Hmm

As a dead pool compiler I'm thinking he might be popular enough to qualify as a DDP Drop 40 case - he looked a decent pick for sometime this year to me

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

Hmm

As a dead pool compiler I'm thinking he might be popular enough to qualify as a DDP Drop 40 case - he looked a decent pick for sometime this year to me

Just from the DDP thread alone it looks like Trintignant, Blanco, Alagiah and Kerslake all have Drop 40 potential.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, msc said:

Just from the DDP thread alone it looks like Trintignant, Blanco, Alagiah and Kerslake all have Drop 40 potential.

Hope so, have them all bar George

5 hours ago, msc said:

I am sure that Trintignant ja Kerslake are in D40, probably Alagiah too, but doubts with Blanco.

• Confused 1

I thought this guy was a dead cert for 2019. Don't believe the hype!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Newjack said:

Dead according to Le Monde.

Hoax according to this - https://en.thissiteisahoax.net/people/jean-louis-trintignant/deathhoax.html

They're thankful he's alive, no mention of my HPDP or DDP chances in their very one sided report!

1 minute ago, Joey Russ said:

How many times do we have to tell people that thissiteisahoax is an unfunny joke site?

The clues in the name, This Site Is a Hoax.

1 minute ago, Joey Russ said:

How many times do we have to tell people that thissiteisahoax is an unfunny joke site?

Aye, tricky this, mind - English version of Le Monde as of a minute ago has nowt in the leading headlines, and his death would be a biggie for them. Could just be a matter of minutes, who knows - amended, just seen the post above - points aplenty for a popular pick about to be awarded, then

“Big miss for the committee” - Cunts

• Haha 1