Whovian Crimbo landed on Boxing Day but I've only just got round to posting this. Britbox has uploaded every existing episode of Classic Doctor Who and animations for selected missing episodes, plus a few odds and sods like the HD version of Pertwee's 1st outing, and the unearthly child pilot version.....

matt smith GIF by Doctor Who

(now they just need to get round to uploading every episode of Coronation Street...)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Deathray said:

Whovian Crimbo landed on Boxing Day but I've only just got round to posting this. Britbox has uploaded every existing episode of Classic Doctor Who and animations for selected missing episodes, plus a few odds and sods like the HD version of Pertwee's 1st outing, and the unearthly child pilot version.....

matt smith GIF by Doctor Who

(now they just need to get round to uploading every episode of Coronation Street...)

I did a rough calculation. If you opt for the 30 day free trial you could get through all the classic DW episodes if you committed to watching 9 hours a day.

1 hour ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I did a rough calculation. If you opt for the 30 day free trial you could get through all the classic DW episodes if you committed to watching 9 hours a day.

How rough?

Have you removed all the missing episodes thy don't have?

5 hours ago, Deathray said:

How rough?

Have you removed all the missing episodes thy don't have?

I was basing it on the 627 episodes that we quoted on line but 9 hours does give you some leeway but not all episodes are 25 mins.

• Like 1

Well, we find out tonight what the hell is going on.

Only similar previously viewed baddies similar I can think of - Vardans (Invasion of Time). Though they were certainly camper than this lot. Hopefully though they are going for something new.

31 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I was basing it on the 627 episodes that we quoted on line but 9 hours does give you some leeway but not all episodes are 25 mins.

I'd assume anyone that dedicated would just find some recons for the missing episodes (currently working through my personal marathon and anyone who could watch 9 hours of recons a day is not human....)

I get 8 hrs 25 minutes or so for the Britbox episode. 

There's 68 not on Britbox in any form (honestly thought it would be more than this! ) 

So you'd need roughly 9 hrs and 20 minutes a day to finish Classic Who in a month with recons and you'd have to be insane to manage that.....

Who-ology did do accurate running time figures for each classic Doctor in one of their books, if any of the proper nerds has that lying around..... 

• Like 1

Oh fuck core fans aren't warming to the Doctor.....

Let's get him/her looking all weepy as he watches Gallifrey burn and do a load of retconning!

Sorted....

Anyway reckon the master's 'the timeless child' was a lie and 'founding fathers was a lie' stuff is opening up the door to canonise the time lords as test tube babies?

It's all soap opera stuff. I don't mind a "personal journey" story, but this looks like, as I said, an overweening story arc.

Convenient when you've run out of invention and ideas about situations, baddies, science, etc etc etc. However, there are important plug points in the history of Who, none more important than the Hand of Omega, Rassilon and the Matrix. If the intention is to mess with some of the finest classic stories and rewrite history, they'd better be careful where they go with this. All that carefully constructed back story (Dicks spinning in his newly acquired grave) gone in a Chibnall revision?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

It's all soap opera stuff. I don't mind a "personal journey" story, but this looks like, as I said, an overweening story arc.

Convenient when you've run out of invention and ideas about situations, baddies, science, etc etc etc. However, there are important plug points in the history of Who, none more important than the Hand of Omega, Rassilon and the Matrix. If the intention is to mess with some of the finest classic stories and rewrite history, they'd better be careful where they go with this. All that carefully constructed back story (Dicks spinning in his newly acquired grave) gone in a Chibnall revision?

They have got my attention. Now they have to deliver a decent conclusion to the whole tease.

• Like 1

Loved the last two episodes. I think Sacha Dhawan is a great choice for The Master. I just need to know if this master is before or after Missy.

Conspiracy.gif

• Like 1

Better paced this week I thought.

Those last few minutes though.....

Image result for cringe

Next week she’ll be flying round the Universe in a fight against single use plastic...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I've been watching a lot of Doctor Who reaction Youtube videos recently and the quickest to upload their reaction of tonights episode was Torchwood Boy. He liked the episode but said it was preachy at the end which I agree with.

I now need to wait about two weeks for Sesskasays to watch and realise that the boy in the episode was same actor who played Roger in His Dark Materials.

• Like 1

The Director needs to realise No Oxygen = No Fire and there were fucking trees in the landscape. 

I didn't understand why they all needed to go on the rescue mission or how the old man actually got outside in the first place.

But the threat level was there and JW seems to have calmed down a tad since last series.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

The Director needs to realise No Oxygen = No Fire and there were fucking trees in the landscape. 

I didn't understand why they all needed to go on the rescue mission or how the old man actually got outside in the first place.

But the threat level was there and JW seems to have calmed down a tad since last series.

If I had to hazard guesses, nobody in the dome left to protect the survivors if the only two with weapons had to go out, and Benni was either in the process of being attacked or somehow had Dregs DNA on him which expelled him with the attackers when the membrane was restored.

So......

Ruth...... What do we think?

• Like 1

Last week:

Probably the best acted for ages, nice historical if sometimes inaccurate Tesla details. Again with the "1970s Streets Of San Francisco" epilogue, though. Yeah, he still dies and nothing changes. Not sure how it advances the story arc, maybe it's not supposed to.

This week: Now they are fucking with us. Let's have another Jackson Lake type story only this one is going to be about parallel dimensions so the Master and that Doctor don't belong...but will they become canon? Perhaps overall yet another meaningless sideshow in a "personal journey" arc? Chameleon Arch telegraphed a mile out, saw it coming as soon as old Marcia was executed on the streets of Gloucester. Or is this all Lenny Henry's doing? There's your black female Doctor you always wanted, now fuck off.

1 minute ago, YoungWillz said:

Last week:

Probably the best acted for ages, nice historical if sometimes inaccurate Tesla details. Again with the "1970s Streets Of San Francisco" epilogue, though. Yeah, he still dies and nothing changes. Not sure how it advances the story arc, maybe it's not supposed to.

This week: Now they are fucking with us. Let's have another Jackson Lake type story only this one is going to be about parallel dimensions so the Master and that Doctor don't belong...but will they become canon? Perhaps overall yet another meaningless sideshow in a "personal journey" arc? Chameleon Arch telegraphed a mile out, saw it coming as soon as old Marcia was executed on the streets of Gloucester. Or is this all Lenny Henry's doing? There's your black female Doctor you always wanted, now fuck off.

I think we have almost the exact opposite opinions....

Last week: shit faux historical, bumbling character assassination of historical assassin and companions....

This week: Now we're fucking getting somewhere. CAPTAIN JACK YES. RUTH IS CANNON AND POSSIBLY PRE-HARTNELL BEEN WAITING A LONG TIME!!!!! CYBERMEN FORESHADOWING.

I don't think Ruth is pre-Hartnell though, reckon she's a future Doctor but doesn't recognise the Doctor because at some point Gallifrey gets restored and 13 is captured and mind-wiped to do the bidding of the evil Master timelords.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Deathray said:

So......

Ruth...... What do we think?

I think it was crap.

Maybe I am getting old but I just cant handle all these different storylines at the same time, I am still trying to figure out what happened to Lenny Henry.

Good to see Captain Jack back though.

The reactors on Youtuber are going to go nuts. I am still trying to process everything but. CAPTAIN FUCKING JACK HARKNESS IS BACK!!!!!!!!!

Barrowman.gif

It was alright. Better than most of them this series.

• Like 1

I remembered my log in for Gallifrey Base. This is their review so far:

image.png.976c01f50aa90946c470c8d4a4457150.png

They have set themselves a massive challenge to make a suitable payoff for this arc

I am hoping it will be more River Song than Hybrid or Cartmel Masterplan

• Like 1

If anyone wants to see reactions to that episode then I give you:

Torchwood Boy

JustSoShayla

Sesskasays

AlicePlays Reactions

Blind Wave havn't done it yet.

General theme is people go nuts for Jack and then lose focus for a bit because they are fanboying and then go WTF near the end.

• Like 1