It's being repeated on BBC2 in about 3 hours time as I found out in about 20 seconds using the TV Guide...

• Like 1

Must be great to have one of them handy but then if I had one handy at first screening I might not have missed it then and as I did not see your post until 5 hours after second screening then that was a bit of information that I did not need but thanks anyway.

There are online TV guides.  Although the BBC has made theirs very difficult to find.

4 hours ago, Toast said:

There are online TV guides.  Although the BBC has made theirs very difficult to find.

https://www.tvguide.co.uk/

This one quite useful as you can use the searchbar to find specific shows instead of just the channels. And you can customise it just to see th channels you want.

Also a mobile friendly version (although I think its just the basic version) - https://www.tvguide.co.uk/mobile/

The current era of Doctor Who always gets rough treatment by the fans. It can often only be appreciated with hindsight. There were some good points about the NYD episode but there were some lazy or off points.

For die hard Doctor Who fans this feels a bit like the books that were published during the wilderness years. Occasionally there would be a really good one that looked like it would take the series in a brand new direction but it was never followed through. The budget and time constraints are telling but I do not think the show runner has a strong enough grasp of basic storytelling. Too many episodes feel like they have filmed the first draft.

• Like 1

Jodie's ace (though not Ace, obviously), but Chibnall can go do one.

17 minutes ago, Vinegar Tits said:

Jodie's ace (though not Ace, obviously), but Chibnall can go do one.

Apparently she is leaving after the next series?

IMO Jodie's been doing the best she can with the bullshit Chibnall's giving her. I hope these rumors are misread - not Jodie, Chibnall.

I can dream

2 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Apparently she is leaving after the next series?

I know. It should be the other way round.

Who was the last Doctor to stay for more than 3 series? I think it was Tom Baker. So hardly a surprise she's leaving after her 3rd series.

She probably doesn't want to be remembered as the Doctor that killed New Who.

1 hour ago, Youth in Asia said:

Who was the last Doctor to stay for more than 3 series? I think it was Tom Baker. So hardly a surprise she's leaving after her 3rd series.

Yeah, Tom, although technically Matt Smith's final series was split into two chunks (6 episodes in Winter 2012, 10 episodes stretched across 2013) but filmed as one. Also, Sylvester McCoy had signed up for a 4th and final year only for the BBC to put the show into hiatus without informing him, which he's stlll fucked off about as he lost work due to being signed up for this extra year the BBC had no intention of making.  (Yes, naysayers, he was actually offered jobs!)

6 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

Sylvester McCoy lasted almost ten years :D

We need a new showrunner and ones who can write strong women. The ones I can think of who have worked on the show in the past or present I can think of include:

• Neil Gaiman - Written two episodes and a short story including The Doctor's Wife. Long time fan of the show. Also wrote a lockdown minisode about Rory. 
  • Richard Curtis - Exec producer on Curse of the Fatal Death. Wrote Vincent and the Doctor.
  • Paul Cornell - Writes a lot of productions for Big Finish, wrote Father's Day episode, written a Lockdown minisode. Just look.
  • Toby Whithouse - Written for Torchwood and written a lot of Doctor Who episodes up to Peter Capaldi (The Lie of the Land).
  • Phil Ford - Head writer for S2 of Sarah Jane Adventures. Written episodes for Torchwood and Doctor Who

Doctor Who has a history of hiring people who have worked with each other (Jodie and Chris Chibnall worked together in Broadchurch as example). So need to find those connections.

• Like 1

Dammit Noel Clarke I was rooting for you.

10 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

I've only just changed my avatar as well!

23 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

The Guardian? :lol::lol::lol:

23 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

Not the only known sex pest who worked on the show of course.

Just randomly linking to this earlier post for no reason whatsoever...

On 29/04/2021 at 21:13, ladyfiona said:

Yet Bafta’s decision to venerate Clarke moved numerous women to break their silence. 

Funny how that always happens. They never report it when it happens, only when the man has achieved something above their pay grade. 

• Like 1

William Russell. He is 96. Might be a good inclusion. 

Chris Chibnall leaving Doctor Who at the end of the next run.

I'd list TV writers who'd do a better job but it'd be longer than Lewd Squirrels annual list tbh...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Insert the following who may be next Doctor.

• Michael Sheen
  • Ty Tennant - It runs in the family
  • Kris Marshall
  • Adrian Lester
  • Jo Martin
  • Idris Elba

22 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Insert the following who may be next Doctor.

• Michael Sheen
  • Ty Tennant - It runs in the family
  • Kris Marshall
  • Adrian Lester
  • Jo Martin
  • Idris Elba

They surely won't dare to have another white Doctor.

• Like 1

I know social media goes nuts about gender/race/etc of characters but as long as the actor/actress is right for the role I don't care if they are male, female, 20, 70, white, black, etc...

Although I would add that the showrunner is more important. Much as I could point flaws in Russell T Davies or Steven Moffat's writing (or things not to my own taste), they know how to write engaging characters and plots. Chris Chibnall has been responsible for some of the worst written TV I've seen in the last decade, and some of it won awards and praise too. 

ie Broadchurch:

"You need to do your job properly."

"I can't, I'm too emotional!"

"That's OK. You are a woman after all."

Fuck off Chibnall. A hack who politicked his way into a job and then proved completely inept at even the basics. He wont be missed.

• Thanks 1
  • Shocked 1