Wormfarmer

Five4three2one Deadpool - 2019

7 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Ahhh, well you thought incorrectly.   That's the reason a person may call it quits on their monthly team early, sacrificing possible points, to make sure they get a better lineup  turned in the next month before anyone else does.

(EDIT: Well wait --  Unlike last year, there is no restriction on the number of team lists a name can appear in any month
Maybe you two are correct.... is that what this means??)

Hmm...bit of a shame this bit was abolished, it added another tactical dimension to the game

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Hmm...bit of a shame this bit was abolished, it added another tactical dimension to the game

Agreed.  Now zero reason to turn in a team before the last minute.  Hell, you can copy names that are turned in

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

Agreed.  Now zero reason to turn in a team before the last minute.  Hell, you can copy names that are turned in

Yep. The only real compromise would be to keep restricting the 5-2 point positions to only one person and leave the 1-point open to everyone.

@Wormfarmer?

In fact if I was one point ahead going into the final month, so long as it was possible I would just put the same lineup as the team chasing me.  Don’t hate the player, hate the game.

I’d revert it back to the old rule on this Wormy...though it’s your call! If it’s policing it you’re worried about, myself, SirC and theoldlady have proven ourselves as good pedants when you’re not around!

• Like 2

Well I guess I'll make a team assuming the rules are reverted back

1. Niki Lauda
  2. Edmund Capon
  3. Jacci Woodcock
  4. Fernando Ricksen
  5. Johann Rehbogen

On ‎07‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 14:33, Wormfarmer said:

If you played last year please read through the rules anyway as there are a few changes to hopefully improve and simplify it.   

AND LATER>>>>

IMPORTANT:  You can only use a name once during the year at any given point position, and not in consecutive months.  (So a max of 5 times for any given name).  Unlike last year, there is no restriction on the number of team lists a name can appear in any month. 

Yes, here is our first rule confusion!  As I said in the opening post, returning players should read through the rules as I have tried to simplify them a bit from last year.  The Old Crem is fine - there is no rule preventing duplicate picks between players anymore.  I hope revocation of that rule does not result in list stealing, however.  If I see a list has 3 or more names at the same position as a previously posted list, I may reserve the right to remove the second posted list as plagiarized. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

I’d revert it back to the old rule on this Wormy...though it’s your call! If it’s policing it you’re worried about, myself, SirC and theoldlady have proven ourselves as good pedants when you’re not around!

Yes, that is part of the reason.  Also, with up to 20 lists being posted (maybe more this year!) I thought it got very confusing and time consuming for people to have to scroll way back to check every prior entry.  This way that is unnecessary, players only have to track their own teams previously entered over the course of the year.  I felt that even with a lot of teams say having the same name at slot 5, they cannot do it again next month, and will have to at least move the name down to #4 the month after that, resulting in a lot of change between rosters.  However, I did not consider Sir Creep's nefarious plan of tracking the leader or having the leader protect his lead by mirroring his closest foe.  I would hope that the rule restricting reuse of names at previously used point slots would make that difficult to do, but obviously not if a fresh batch of names are being pulled out in December.     For January, the new rules stand, as I don't want everyone who has already posted having to come back and figure out how to repost a team.  Then, starting in Feb or March, I will reevaluate what is needed to keep the game interesting but not too onerous. 

23 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

And yes, you certainly were!  Thanks to you three for that!

Nul points, two years in a row, here we come:

1. Windsor Davies

2. Honor Blackman

3. Garfield Sobers

4. Jimmy Greaves

5. Len Deighton

• Like 1

1. Johnny Clegg

2. Niki Lauda

3. Fernando Ricksen 

4. Kathleen Blanco

5. Sidney Poitier

Sorry for the late edit this was as as soon as I could possibly manage.

As a matter of interest, and this will not affect me, do you get any bonus points if all five of your picks peg it in a single month? A kind of bingo call of "house"? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bentrovato said:

As a matter of interest, and this will not affect me, do you get any bonus points if all five of your picks peg it in a single month? A kind of bingo call of "house"? 

High hopes indeed...have you played this game before? :lol:

I think the bonus comes in the fact that you score 15 and everyone else has probably scored the square root of diddly fuck. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

High hopes indeed...have you played this game before? :lol:

I think the bonus comes in the fact that you score 15 and everyone else has probably scored the square root of diddly fuck. 

Are you American? If so, then the irony of my question has really passed you by, unsurprisingly. 

If you are not American, then yes I have played this game before. Last year in fact. The only fucking year it has been run so far. 

1. Prince Philip

2. Leah Bracknell

3. Kirk Douglas

4. Sophia Loren

5. Billy Connolly

On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 00:03, theoldlady said:

Here is my January Team!

1. Alberto Fugimori

2. Ed Asner

3. Sree Sree Shivakumara Swamiji

4. Tim Conway

5. Jean-Louis Trintignant

I really hope you don't score with your second name this month (Asner) - - I have tickets to see him do his traveling monologue show on Feb 1st!!

• Haha 2

UGH deleted -- I need coffee this AM

Pawel Adamowicz
Jerry Stiller
Andrew Fairlie
Nawaz Sharif
Sri Sri Sri Shivakumara Swamiji

39 minutes ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Pawel Adamowicz
Jerry Stiller
Andrew Fairlie
Nawaz Sharif
Sri Sri Sri Shivakumara Swamiji

This was submitted at approx 24 minutes past. The first report of Adamowicz's death was released at 41 minutes past. What now?

11 minutes ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

This was submitted at approx 24 minutes past. The first report of Adamowicz's death was released at 41 minutes past. What now?

Well I guess you should read my edited and deleted post not a couple hours ago.  

6 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

You need to choose a New Name and place it in the SAME slot you had Adamowicz. The January list does not take effect/start scoring until Tuesday, January 15th. The same goes for those who chose Shirley Boone, who died last Friday. See Worm Farmers 1st and 2nd postings. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks Wormfarmer for hosting it again.

My January team:

5 pts: Fernando Ricksen

4 pts: Peter Tobin

3 pts: Andrew McGahan

2 pts: Edmund Capon

1 pt: Jamie Spears

Edit: Assumption that it's ok to have someone in the same place.

Editedit: If that rule is reinstated, can we maybe get an "official announcement" and that it begins with February? I liked the rule, too.

So does Shirley Boone count as a hit for me and sir c