Wormfarmer

Five4three2one Deadpool - 2019

1 hour ago, The Mad Hatter said:

So does Shirley Boone count as a hit for me and sir c

No, since the Round in January does not start scoring until 15. January, and Boone died last week, you will need to chose a New name - at the same spot you used for Boone. This rule is on Worm Farmers first posting, on line 18/19 in the paragraph named: The game. And the start date is in his 2nd posting.

On 08/01/2019 at 11:29, Sir Creep said:

(In light of @FixedBusiness's team name...)

Sir Creep's New Hope Spring's Eternal January Team
Shirley Boone

Sree Sree Shivakamura Swamji

Niki Lauda

Andrew Fairlie

Bill Freehan

Hi, Shirley Boone died last week. Make sure you chose a New name today, Monday, make sure you put the New name in the same spot. The scoring for January starts Tuesday January 15th. See Worm Famers 1st posting, paragraph 4; and his second posting.

On 08/01/2019 at 16:49, Newjack said:

1. Javier Perez de Cuellar

2. Jean-Louis Trintignant

3. Shirley Boone

4. Niki Lauda

5. Andrew McGahan

Shirley Boone died last week. Choose a New name for the same slot before tomorrow, the 15th of January. See Worm Farmers rules in posting 1, paragraph 4 and the start date for scoring, the 15th of January, in his second posting.

12 hours ago, Wormfarmer said:

I really hope you don't score with your second name this month (Asner) - - I have tickets to see him do his traveling monologue show on Feb 1st!!

Very strange Indeed. I blame it all on the Mandela Effect. Saw many places he was very sick so I chose him, so did the committee by the way. Now it turns out he is doing fine and is performing in  his traveling monologue show ( in this timeline anyway.) :)

7 hours ago, The Mad Hatter said:

So does Shirley Boone count as a hit for me and sir c

Unfortunately, no.  Game starts tonight at midnight (not yet there my time), Jan 15th.  This is the only case in which you can sub in a new name on a list you have already posted.  Sub in at the same spot you had Boone, don't slide your other names around - - they are fixed in place.  Newjack also had Boone and can put in a replacement at the 3 spot.

Add:  As I now see that theoldlady has so well explained and documented above.  I should have read ahead in the thread - she had it all handled quite well!

Edited by Wormfarmer

So far we have 25 entries this year!  More than initially signed in last year, although including the people who dropped out and those who came in late it was a few more total last year.  The game starts in a few hours, and I believe I have come up with a compromise on the rule change that has been raised.  For Jan, the lists are all good and will stand.  Beginning with the Feb lists, teams will consist of 5 names, all worth 5 points each if they are the first time the name is submitted in that month.  For example, if I post my team on Jan 27th, I lose my active Jan team, and cannot score until Feb 1 with my new Feb team.  But if I am the first to do so each of my names is worth 5 pts!  If the next team to post uses one (or more) of my names, they can do so but will only score 4 points for those names.  The next poster to use one of those names will only get 3 pts for the hit, then 2, then 1, then finally after 5 appearances, the name is worth nothing for that month.  So like last year, each name can only appear on 5 active lists per month, but if you want to try for max points, you need to post a list of 5 fresh names.  Ranking the names is no longer necessary, the order is irrelevant.  This may turn out to be a scoring disaster for me, but I think I have a way I can graphically illustrate it in the team tables I post each month.  So the incentive to post early has increased with this new rule.  A fresh team has the potential for 25 points in a month (without any bonus).  So I am also going to increase the incentive to NOT post early.  Hits incurred on the last day of the month will be worth 3X points, and those on the second to last day of the month will earn double points.  Again, wikipedia dates will be used to decide dates of death.  Since we are getting close to start time, I hope everyone is on board with this new idea and it works well.  May the trophy go to the most astute nose for death!  I will post this new rule change at the beginning of the thread as well and make some edits there soon.  

On 08/01/2019 at 04:29, Sir Creep said:

(In light of @FixedBusiness's team name...)

Sir Creep's New Hope Spring's Eternal January Team
Shirley Boone

Sree Sree Shivakamura Swamji

Niki Lauda

Andrew Fairlie

Bill Freehan

Dave Bartholomew for Shirley Boone

The game has started!  The only other premature death that I can find (wikipedia) which can be replaced is on the list of Joey Russ, who was the first to enter and has Larry Langford.  Larry passed way back on the 8th.  Otherwise, I believe we are good to go.  

Further clarification of the above new rule:  Check your obits before you post an early team!  You must note any new score before posting, since once posted you forfeit your current active team!  Also, remember you cannot go to the same black banana in consecutive months.  One more disincentive to post too early - - starting Feb early posted teams that get a hit before the month starts canNOT be replaced with a new name.  You will play the month with a short list!  So it is a risk to post a week in advance -- your hot new name may not make it to active status!  

I will post a table soon, and may close the game to new entries.  

6 hours ago, Wormfarmer said:

So far we have 25 entries this year!  More than initially signed in last year, although including the people who dropped out and those who came in late it was a few more total last year.  The game starts in a few hours, and I believe I have come up with a compromise on the rule change that has been raised.  For Jan, the lists are all good and will stand.  Beginning with the Feb lists, teams will consist of 5 names, all worth 5 points each if they are the first time the name is submitted in that month.  For example, if I post my team on Jan 27th, I lose my active Jan team, and cannot score until Feb 1 with my new Feb team.  But if I am the first to do so each of my names is worth 5 pts!  If the next team to post uses one (or more) of my names, they can do so but will only score 4 points for those names.  The next poster to use one of those names will only get 3 pts for the hit, then 2, then 1, then finally after 5 appearances, the name is worth nothing for that month.  So like last year, each name can only appear on 5 active lists per month, but if you want to try for max points, you need to post a list of 5 fresh names.  Ranking the names is no longer necessary, the order is irrelevant.  This may turn out to be a scoring disaster for me, but I think I have a way I can graphically illustrate it in the team tables I post each month.  So the incentive to post early has increased with this new rule.  A fresh team has the potential for 25 points in a month (without any bonus).  So I am also going to increase the incentive to NOT post early.  Hits incurred on the last day of the month will be worth 3X points, and those on the second to last day of the month will earn double points.  Again, wikipedia dates will be used to decide dates of death.  Since we are getting close to start time, I hope everyone is on board with this new idea and it works well.  May the trophy go to the most astute nose for death!  I will post this new rule change at the beginning of the thread as well and make some edits there soon.  

So, to clarify, the positions we post the names in no longer matters a fuck, as the points are now awarded based on how early you pick each name, is that right?

25 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

So, to clarify, the positions we post the names in no longer matters a fuck, as the points are now awarded based on how early you pick each name, is that right?

Bingo!  I hope I have made amendments (just now) to the opening rules post that clarifies what you just asked about, and more!  Check it out Quim - and I hope it has addressed concerns by those who didn't like the original changes from last years game.

• Like 2

On 14/01/2019 at 21:00, theoldlady said:

Shirley Boone died last week. Choose a New name for the same slot before tomorrow, the 15th of January. See Worm Farmers rules in posting 1, paragraph 4 and the start date for scoring, the 15th of January, in his second posting.

If it's not too late, I pick Shivakumara Swami for Shirley Boone. 

Jan table is posted on page 1 (post #3).  Please check it out and let me know if your team is not correct.  I still need a few more name replacements for those that died prior to Jan 15.

27 minutes ago, Wormfarmer said:

Jan table is posted on page 1 (post #3).  Please check it out and let me know if your team is not correct.  I still need a few more name replacements for those that died prior to Jan 15.

I had edited my post to include the replacement for Langford a few days back.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Wormfarmer said:

The first name of the last person on my list is Jean (not Jena), otherwise my list is fine.

• Thanks 1

My Goodness. I finally get a point or two. Thank you Windsor. 

masazo nonaka dead according to wikipedia and the 110 club,no officials obits yet in english

On 10/01/2019 at 14:58, The Mad Hatter said:

1. Johnny Clegg

2. Niki Lauda

3. Fernando Ricksen 

4. Kathleen Blanco

5. Sidney Poitier

Sorry for the late edit this was as as soon as I could possibly manage.

Your replacement at the #1 slot is noted, but your original selection of ronan keating in the 4 slot cannot be changed since ronan, according to my check of the web, is still among the living.  

• Haha 3

On 14/01/2019 at 06:03, Clorox Bleachman said:

This was submitted at approx 24 minutes past. The first report of Adamowicz's death was released at 41 minutes past. What now?

Get a replacement name in at your #1 slot . .  pronto!

This is just a reminder for players who have not reread the rules and think they know what is going on from playing last year - - please reread the rules (first post) for major changes!  You may post Feb lists early, but now if someone dies on your Feb list before Feb starts, you will NOT be able to replace them.  This is in addition to nullifying your current Jan list.  Also, check for last minute obits on your active list and post hits (even if no QO yet) BEFORE you post a new list, to confirm the death occurred before you nullify your active list with an early post. 

This year there is more incentive to post early - - more potential points per name if you are first, but the disincentives are also steeper.  Thanks for playing, and I hope this new version of 5-4-3-2-1 is more challenging that last year's. 

Edited by Wormfarmer
mistyped the rule! At least Sir Creep is paying attention!

How is that a rule change?  You could never score in advance of the month starting before.  

Only just noticed that I still have an empty #1 spot. Going for someone who wasn't known to be ill before the deadline would be a dick move. I want to avoid that by going for a young, healthy, boring person.

Random.org says Bridgit Mendler.

On ‎22‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 11:03, Sir Creep said:

How is that a rule change?  You could never score in advance of the month starting before.  

Thank you for catching that, I meant to say that you will NOT be able to replace the name.  Fixed, all better now.

After re-reading the rules, I think I've understood them all now, lol. Anyway, here's my February list:

1) Herman Wouk

2) Jean, Grand Duke of Luxembourg

3) Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh

4) Leah Bracknell

5) Bill Turnbull

1- Vanessa Redgrave

2- Rosalyn Carter

3- James Deway Watson

4- Javier Pérez de Cuellar

5- Kane Tanaka

• Like 1