Wormfarmer

Five4three2one Deadpool - 2019

1. Walter Jones

2. Frank Robinson

3. Billy Clayton 

4. James Watson

5. Lee Kerslake 

Well, in general, things seem to be running smoothly into month 2 . . . . . except for an exchange between Sir Creep and gcreptile that I don't think pertains to anything that happened in this game, or if it does, it went over my head.  However, then Sir Creep posted a team that was an intentional exact replicate of gcreptile's that was just posted, and I did reserve the right to penalize such a tactic.  The penalty is partially already built in to the format, as all those names will earn Sir Creep one less point if they hit than they will for gcreptile.  But since it was intentional and I am trying to discourage the strategy, I will also doc Sir Creep his first Feb hit.  If no hits occur in Feb, then no harm done, and we start over in March.  But from here on out, let's play nice boys.  Don't make me hate being the commish.  

Although I feel it is less complicated than last year since you don't have to worry about ranking the names to point value and avoiding previously taken point slots, note that it is still important to keep track of how many times a name appears on posted lists!  Point in case:  as of Clorox Bleachman's post Walter Jones had been used 5 times so his value was down to 1 point.  So all lists using Walter Jones after that are wasting a slot as he is now worth zero (Banana, Joey).  That is all I will say on that and in the future if you get a hit and score zero points . . . . . you know why.  

We have 21 Feb teams in already, and with all the different names it is likely to be a busy month of scoring.  I will post a table in the next couple of days.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1. Le Duc Anh

2. Edmund Capon

3. Frank Robinson

4. Kirk Douglas

5. Fernando Ricksen

On 31/01/2019 at 19:30, The Quim Reaper said:

Hmm, call me a traditionalist, but I very much miss the old format :duck:

1) Leah Bracknell (3 pts)

2) Paul Flynn (4 pts)

3) Nobby Stiles (4 pts)

4) Murray Walker (5 pts)

5) Ruth Bader Ginsburg (3 pts)

Only because of your post did I finally unterstand the scoring system...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Feb Teams          
1 markb4 herman wouk Jean of Luxembourg prince philip leah bracknell bill turnbull
2 Bou1 vanessa redgrave rosalyn carter james deway watson javier perez decuellar kane tanaka
3 MadHatter +5 frank robinson 5 lee kerslake RB ginsburg olivia newton-john stirling moss
4 gcreptile +4+5 frank robinson 4 walter jones 5 harry reid micah bowie paul volcker
5 Fixed Business 5 lee kerslake 4 kirk douglas samula anoa'i nobby stiles johnny clegg
6 Sir Creep 4 (pen-3*)+7 frank robinson 3 walter jones 4 harry reid 4 micah bowie 4 paul volcker 4
7 Joe Moneypenny 2 + 5 le duc anh michael bowie andrew mcgahan 5 grace slick miiko taka
8 theoldlady 3+5 robert mugabe peter tork fernando ricksen RB ginsburg 4 johnny clegg 4
9 Bibliogryphon +4 mahatir mohammad beverly cleary hal holbrook tinto brass peter tork 4
10 Wormfarmer 2+3 fernando ricksen 4 kathleen blanco walter jones 3 bob barker JL trintignant
11 msc 5 billy clayton edmund capon wt johnson tanya gendle kathleen blanco 4
12 Philip harry reid 3 olivia newton-john 4 birch bayh bill brock john mccririck
13 OldCrem +5 vera lynn paul flynn 5 tina turner jose jose prince philip
14 Bentrovato 5 ozzy osbourne robert mugabe 4 leah bracknell 4 herman wouk 4 prunella scales
15 Quim Reaper 2+4 leah bracknell 3 paul flynn 4 nobby stiles 4 murray walker RB ginsburg 3
16 Captain Chorizo 7+2 walter jones 2 billy clayton 4 JL trintignant 4 denis goldberg rosita quintana
17 Clorox Bleachman 4 +10 rocky lockridge 5 andrew mcgahan 4 edmund capon 4 walter jones 1 tim conway
18 Banana +2 micah bowie 3 walter jones 0 frank robinson 2 peter tobin billy clayton 3
19 Death by Arsenic marcel zanini olivia dehavilland diana serra cary zizi jeanmarie michael bouquet
20 Joey Russ 4 +1 walter jones 0 frank robinson 1 billy clayton 2 james watson 4 lee kerslake 3
21 Newjack 3 le duc anh 4 edmund capon 3 frank robinson 0 kirk douglas 4 fernando ricksen 3
22 Yorkshire Banker 1 gustav gurneth eileen whelan baroness jill knight olga buzova katherine johnson
  Grimm Reaperness          
  Prophet          

Unknown Man

*Sir Creep is penalized his first Feb hit for duplication of gcreps list

Clorox is on FIRE!

Edited by Wormfarmer
the hits keep pouring in! Peter Tork puts Biblio on the board and slides a cool fiver to theoldlady
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

The above table is posted with the teams in order in which they were posted for Feb.  I am thinking that although this table does not show the standings without a lot of effort, it makes it easier to follow the decrease in point value for names that are used by multiple teams.  I will post the standings separately each month for clarity on those.  Three teams have yet to come in, and we got a new entry even though the game is closed (ebless).  I will consider letting latecomers into the game if it appears teams that signed on in Jan bail out and don't submit this month.  The last 3 teams may fall in that category.  I think the strategy here is interesting, with the push and pull of the incentives to post early vs. the disincentives of losing out on scoring opportunities. 

We already have scoring for Feb with Andrew McGahan!!  I personally missed a double 5 pt score with him by one day - he was top name on my Jan list.  Cest la vie.  

On 02/02/2019 at 18:21, Wormfarmer said:
  Feb Teams          

17 Clorox Bleachman 1 + 4 rocky lockridge andrew mcgahan 4 edmund capon 4 walter jones 1 tim conway

Shouldn't CB have 4 Jan points instead of 1?

Current standings (Feb 11th):

14   clorox

9    capn cho/gcrep

8   sir c

7    JMoney

5    MadHat/FixBus/msc/JRuss/Bentro/wormy

3    oldlady/newjack

2    quim/banana

1    Yorkshire Banker

Everyone else has squat. 

I am allowing a new entrant in because it looks like up to 3 slackers may have dropped out already as they haven't ponied up a Feb team.  Welcome to ebless, who has submitted the following:

stan bowles

vera lynn (4)

doddie weir

stirling moss (4)

herman wouk (3)

I am not adding him to the table above as of yet due to formatting difficulties with the original post.  I will start including his team with the others next month, but his list is now active. 

Edited by Wormfarmer
all is now right in Bentrovato's world

1 hour ago, Wormfarmer said:

Current standings (Feb 8th):

13   clorox

7    capn cho/JMoney

5    MadHat/FixBus/msc/JRuss

4    gcrep/sir c

3    oldlady/newjack

2    quim/banana/wormfarmer

1    Yorkshire Banker

Everyone else has squat. 

I am allowing a new entrant in because it looks like up to 3 slackers may have dropped out already as they haven't ponied up a Feb team.  Welcome to ebless, who has submitted the following:

stan bowles

vera lynn (4)

doddie weir

stirling moss (4)

herman wouk (3)

I am not adding him to the table above as of yet due to formatting difficulties with the original post.  I will start including his team with the others next month, but his list is now active. 

Do you mind!!! I have waited 13 months for my first points and RIP Windsor Davies gave me 5 of them. Yet not mentioned. I feel slighted. 

On ‎08‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 21:09, Bentrovato said:

Do you mind!!! I have waited 13 months for my first points and RIP Windsor Davies gave me 5 of them. Yet not mentioned. I feel slighted. 

Not at all.  I appreciate poolers like you that follow the scoring and help keep it straight.  You had credit in Jan, and somehow in my translation to the Feb table it got vaporized.  All fixed now, nothing personal. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Wormfarmer said:

Not at all.  I appreciate poolers like you that follow the scoring and help keep it straight.  You had credit in Jan, and somehow in my translation to the Feb table it got vaporized.  All fixed now, nothing personal. 

These points are precious. As judging  by my previous attempts  to predict the passing of anyone my next points will not be until March 2020. I must dine out on these for the rest of the year. 

@Wormfarmer With the sad passing of Peter Tork I receive 5 points and Biblio receives 4 points this month.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theoldlady said:

@Wormfarmer With the sad passing of Peter Tork I receive 5 points and Biblio receives 4 points this month.

My first ever points in this game.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, theoldlady said:

A very nice find, oldlady.  I was playing Peter Tork every chance I got 10 years ago when he first got cancer as it sounded very bleak for him.  But he contintued to do so well that I completely forgot about him until I saw him on your list this month.  I still didn't think he was going to go.  Sad he is gone but you made the most of it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

March team

1. Eesnbio Pendoza (sorry for butchering his name)

2. Micah Bowie

3. Jean Louis Trintigent

4. Sam Lloyd

5. Peter Tobin

My March list:

1. Sam Lloyd

2. Norman Lloyd

3. Kirk Douglas

4. Sidney Walton

5. Ozzy Osbourne

On 22/02/2019 at 04:25, Wormfarmer said:

A very nice find, oldlady.  I was playing Peter Tork every chance I got 10 years ago when he first got cancer as it sounded very bleak for him.  But he contintued to do so well that I completely forgot about him until I saw him on your list this month.  I still didn't think he was going to go.  Sad he is gone but you made the most of it.  

Yes, it is very sad. I saw an interview with Mickey Dolenz and when I saw the tears in his eyes when he spoke about Peter I knew something sad was coming. Friends do not grow on trees, especially the older one gets.

• Like 1

1- Violet Chamorro

2- Sam Lloyd

3- Tun Tin

4-Norman Lloyd

5- Le Duc Ahn

1.      Beverly Cleary

2.      Clarissa Eden

3.      Honor Blackman

4.      Pierre Cardin

5.      Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg

• Like 1

My March team:

1. Edmund Capon (5 pts)

2. Eusebio Pedroza (4 pts - assuming MorbidKid already took him ;))

3. Barbara Hammer (5 pts)

4. Stanley Crouch (5 pts)

5. Billy Clayton (5 pts)

March team

Kathleen Blanco
Edmund Capon
Barbara Hammer
Amalia Aguilar
Ruthie Tompson

Sam Lloyd isn't about to die, people.  

Not sure what that lovefest was about, rush to grab him....