Denis Goldberg

Rowdy Rudy Boesch

7 hours ago, Banana said:

Luigi Simoni (5)

Terror Danjah (5)

Valerie Harper (4)

Angie Douthit (4)

Suzanne Whang (4)

Dude it's called 5-4-3-2-1 IN THE GDAMN TITLE.
Not 5-5-4-4-4.

2 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Dude it's called 5-4-3-2-1 IN THE GDAMN TITLE.
Not 5-5-4-4-4.

Please don’t tell me we have to go over the rules again

• Haha 1

It took until august but I finally have a hit with randy romero.

Anyway for september

5. Freeman Dyson

4. George Alagiah

3. Glynis johns

2. John rigas

1. Phil spector

3 hours ago, Banana said:

Please don’t tell me we have to go over the rules again

Yup :wacko:

Okay, guys and girls.. it works this way:

Each name is like a battery that loses its charge every time it is picked. 

The first one to pick name XYZ gets the full charge of five points. The second time the same name is picked it's worth 4 charges, then 3,2,1, and yes, theoretically you could even pick a name with no more charge, I.e. worth zero points.

My pick Randy Romero is also worth zero points, because he died too early. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So the meaning of this DP was trampled over.

Interest lost.  Was simple before.  

On 29/08/2019 at 04:18, Sir Creep said:

Ivan Milat (5)
Rudy Boesch (4)
Juliette Kaplan (3)
Angie Douthit (2)
Gustav Gerneth (1)
Randy Romero

To add more to your confusion, since you entered an early list and one candidate died before the start of September, Randy Romero, you cannot replace him, so you enter September With only 4 names. Just like Joey and JCReptile. And Joey, Banana and Chorizo with Valerie Harper.  So take away the name you entered after Randy Romero passed away. :ghost5: 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, theoldlady said:

To add more to your confusion, since you entered an early list and one candidate died before the start of September, Randy Romero, you cannot replace him, so you enter September With only 4 names. Just like Joey and JCReptile. So take away the name you entered after Randy Romero passed away. :ghost5: 

The point is the name is a misnomer.  It was precisely what the DP was about.  Now why even call it that?  Y’all can have it.  Life is short...as this website can attest to.  Don’t need to continue sitting through a bad movie just cuz I paid for a ticket.  Sensible person gets up and walks out and enjoys the day.

Douthit was my last entry, I will delete her, and that’ll be that. 

SC

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

My list for September:

Ivan Milat (3)

Katherine Jackson (4)

Stevie Wonder (5)

Sunny Garcia (5)

Larry King (5)

1. Steve Blackmore

2. Michael Falzon

3. Jean Louis Trintignant

4. Don King

5. Dr Bruce Reid

Septembaaaa

1. Bob Dole

2. Tina Turner

3. Ruth Bader Ginsburg

4. Eddie Money

5. Meat Loaf

Damn!  Waited just a couple of hrs too long to check in - Eddie Money was going to be my new name for the game, but Fixed Business beat me to it.  I suspect we will start to see him come up quite a bit over the next couple of months.  Glad some folks are following the new system, even though others are not.  But thanks for clearing the air on the rules as I don't have time to cover it all right now, guests from out of town are waiting in the other room!  I guess the new rules are not for everyone, sorry to see Mr. Creep move on. 

Sept (all rock n roll) team:

Eddie Money

Gary Rossington

Yoko Ono

Lee Kerslake

Stevie Wonder

• Haha 1

September already. Time flies. 

Phil Chisnall

Larry King

Robbie Robertson

Ginger Baker

Everton Weekes

Holly Clegg (5)
David Gulpilil (4)
Genesis P-Orridge (5)
Gigi Simoni (4)
Jimmy Spicer (5)

On 06/08/2019 at 06:51, Wormfarmer said:
Aug Teams          
gcreptile 44 +5 fernando ricksen tom long  valerie harper kathleen blanco attaullah esakhelvi
Philip clive james randy romero tom long 4 valerie harper 4 sam lloyd
Yorkshire Banker 1 +4 johnnie beattie kathleen blanco 4 loongkoonan fernando ricksen 4 kane tanaka
Fixed Business 14 alex trebek samula anoa'i leah bracknell paul volcker nobby stiles
theoldlady 18 fernando ricksen 3 valerie harper 3 leslie phillips bob dole robert mugabe
Bou1  6 paul volcker 4 robert mugabe 4 mel brooks juan carlos I little richard
OldCrem 20 fernando ricksen 2 leslie phillips 4 stirling moss harry belafonte tina turner
Wormfarmer 19 ivan milat randy romero 4 pope ben XVI ruthie tompson sam lloyd 4
msc 33 +3 kathleen blanco 3 holly clegg david gulpilil suzanne whang juliette kaplan
Bibliogryphon  4 tinto brass glenn fabray loongkoonan 4 mahatir mohammad beverly cleary
Clorox Bleachman 46 juliette kaplan 4 stirling moss 4 randy romero 3 joe watts suzanne whang 4
Quim Reaper 14 hau pei-tsun samula anoa'I 4  mahatir mohammad 4 holly clegg 4 tom long 3
Captain Chorizo 33 +5 gigi simoni david gulpilil 4 alf smith suzanne whang 3 joe watts 4
Sir Creep 28 valerie harper 2 holley clegg 3 brian cowen kane tanaka 4 gigi simoni 4
Death by Arsenic 8 judith magre vera lynn 4 michael lonsdale joss ackland bernadette chirac
Banana 18 +2 don shooter sprangalang juliette kaplan 3 joe watts 3 kathleen blanco 2
Bentrovato 9 buster bloodvessel jack niclaus hannah gordon pauline collins john alderton
Joe Moneypenny 7 +5 lisa lu miiko taka james hong nichelle nichols qin hanzhang
Joey Russ 33 rudy boesch gigi simoni 3 brian cowen 4 david gulpilil 3 rachel zoll
MadHatter 10 no team yet        
Newjack 8 no team yet        

@Wormfarmer Hi, I just discovered that several of us lack our double points for the passing of Valerie Harper the 30th of August, the second to last Day of the month: GCReptile 10 pts; Philip 8 pts, theoldlady 6 pts, and Sir Creep 4 pts. Thanks!

edit: see the conversation after this. Since gcreptile posted his September team before Miss Harper died, does that mean Philip gets 10 pts, theoldlady 8 pts and Sir Creep 6 pts?

Edited by theoldlady

Believe that only applies if it happens on the last day of the month, not the second last day of the month. 

2 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Believe that only applies if it happens on the last day of the month, not the second last day of the month. 

Actually on the last Day of the month I think one gets triple points. They way people might get extra points instead of posting too early.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, theoldlady said:

Actually on the last Day of the month I think one gets triple points. They way people might get extra points instead of posting too early.

Okay I see that now, but I believe Reptile submitted his team before her death anyways

4 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Okay I see that now, but I believe Reptile submitted his team before her death anyways

Yes, he posted early and it paid off for him. He gets the highest score because he was the first one to choose her for August. :)

Just now, theoldlady said:

Yes, he posted early and it paid off for him. He gets the highest score because he was the first one to choose her for August. :)

No, I mean he posted his September team before she died, which I believe bring voids the August team 

• Like 1