Wormfarmer

Five4three2one Deadpool - 2019

Remember: double points earned from Xmas day through the 30th, and triple points on the 31st.  If there is going to be a big come from behind win, that's when it's going to happen. 

Wormfarmer's December 5:

Bob Dole

Jean Louis Trintignant

Leslie Phillips

Frankie Banali

Norman Lloyd

All 5 pointers, and I need it.

My five Xmas presents are:

Richard Wilson

Annette Crosbie

Doreen Mantle

John Shrapnel

Angela Thorne

December:

Ajoy Roy (5)

Michael McKevitt (5)

Samantha Last (4)

Danielle Rosher (5)

Jill Emberson (5)

Thank you Wormfarmer for hosting another fine competition this year!

• Like 1

Ajoy Roy (4)

Michael McKevitt (4)

Lata Mangeshkar (4)

Suzanne Mubarak (5)

Syed Ali Geelani (5)

Freeman dyson

Desmond tutu

Harry reid

Susan bayh

John patterson

On 01/12/2019 at 04:19, gcreptile said:

December:

Ajoy Roy (5)

Michael McKevitt (5)

Samantha Last (4)

Danielle Rosher (5)

Jill Emberson (5)

Thank you Wormfarmer for hosting another fine competition this year!

Under what possible definition is Danielle Rosher a celebrity ?  i mean a good DDP pick (noted) but here?

DEC Teams          
Joe Moneypenny 15 lata mangeshkar miiko taka susan bayh zhao shuzhen robert kuok
Captain Chorizo 47 chris doleman david gulpilil 4 everton weekes willie wood raymond allen
Bibliogryphon  4 loongkoonan mahathir mohammed beverly cleary hal holbrook tinto brass
Quim Reaper 25 +5 chris rea daniel arap moi tony britton sam lloyd lee kerslake
theoldlady  24 larry king prince philip catherine deneuve henry gray samantha last
OldCrem 33 prince philip  4 jimmy carter barbara windsor liza minelli ruthie tompson
Death by Arsenic 16 jean charles tacchella michel piccoli suzy delair diana serra cary daniella westbrook
Clorox Bleachman 55 susan bayh  4 ron boswell henry gray  4 daniel arap moi  4 stirling moss
Joey Russ 51 henry gray  3 tom smith daniel arap moi  3 ron boswell  4 catherine deneuve 4
Philip  13 prince philip  3 jimmy carter  4 ruth bader ginsberg john warner barbara windsor  4
Wormfarmer  27 bob dole jean louis trintignant leslie phillips frankie banali norman lloyd
Bentrovato 14 richard wilson annette crosbie doreen mantle john shrapnel angela thorne
gcreptile 58 ajoy roy  QO? michael mckevitt samantha last  4 danielle rosher  jill emberson
Yorkshire Banker 5 freeman dyson stanley baxter bobby brown (rangers) kane tanaka glynis johns
Banana 25 ajoy roy  4 QO? michael mckevitt  4 lata mangeshkar  4 suzanne mubarak syed ali geelani
msc 36 no team yet        
Fixed Business 24 no team yet        
MadHatter 10 no team yet        
Newjack 8 no team yet        
Bou1  6 no team yet        
ebless  no team yet        
Edited by Wormfarmer
Quim picks up 5, still waiting to see if gcrep and banana get a QO for Roy . . . .

Final teams for the year are posted above.  Still waiting for a few teams to come in - -  it is not too late to post (Fixed Business?) . . .   Confusing is that Philip has submitted twice for December.  So I took his first posting per rule - no changes to a team once posted.  His second team looked pretty good though.  I would say this is really down to a 4 man race, although a couple of other teams are within reach with a fantastic month and maybe taking advantage of the double pts earned in the week after xmas.  

I know there was a lot of grumbling early when I made changes to the format from last year, but other than Sir Creep, I didn't hear much protesting once the format got underway and folks got used to it.  I, personally, like it much better this way, and if I keep the game going would prefer to use the new format. I like the added dilemma you must choose between posting early to get max points for a team vs. riding out the month to see if you can cash in on the double and triple point days. Not too many cashed in on the extra points, so maybe a little tweaking is needed to sweeten this option.  Comments are welcome in the last part of this month, and let me know if you are interested in playing another year.  

Once again, I am humbled by the skill and dedication a lot of you put into these games.  You guys are good.  

FINAL Standings
gcreptile 58 2nd yr champ!
Clorox Bleachman 55
Joey Russ 51
Captain Chorizo 47
msc 36

OldCrem 33

Quim Reaper 30

Wormfarmer  27
Banana 25
theoldlady  24
Fixed Business 24

Death by Arsenic 16
Joe Moneypenny 15
Bentrovato 14
Philip  13
MadHatter 10
Newjack 8
Bou1  6
Yorkshire Banker 5
Bibliogryphon  4
ebless 30
  • Thanks 2

I'm a purist, I think the strategy involved in the '18 version was more interesting, but I'll play along regardless next year. Cheers Wormy!

• Like 1

Regardless of how this will end, I am probably not going to join next year. I do have to cut my involvement somewhere to make up for the DDP duties.

I thought both formats had their charm though and I thank Wormfarmer for all the work!

• Like 1

I like the 2019 version. A chance to Get 5 points per Name throughout the year! Thanks for doing this game. I like it and would play again in 2020. :)

It's remarkable how we are avoiding a decision in this pool.

I had both Douthit and Volcker under consideration.

Surely some of you also thought about it, or Pete Frates...

I'll claim my five for Britton thank you very much please

We are now into the double point period through the 30th.  Triple points on the 31st.  What a slow final month it has been, but there is still time to pick up some major leaderboard changes over the holidays.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So this DP is dead?   i had 5 names to enter, oh well

22 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

So this DP is dead?   i had 5 names to enter, oh well

Funny, but you are the same dude who bailed out halfway through because you were upset over the rule changes from the first year. 

I hate being bipolar, it's fabulous!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That was a very poor showing by everyone to finish the game.  Not much change at all in the leaderboard since November.  Only Quim Reaper gets a hit and climbs a couple of notches.  So we can crown a victor and worthy champion of the second year Five4three2one deadpool in gcreptile in a close one over Clorox Bleachman and Joey Russ.  All three had great seasons.  I am going to take a break for a week or two and think it over if this pool is worth running a third year, and if so, what is the best way to score it.  I find it odd that some folks prefer the original format in which you had to poor over all the previous entries to determine which point values were still available, and take care to rank your team in order to not violate previously taken point values.  I know it was certainly a pain for me to try to police it.  And then there was the limitation in scoring, whereas even a great team could only earn you 15 pts a month (5+4+3+2+1) vs the 25pts that could be earned by a good all original team in the year two rules.  But maybe it is not unlike the tendency for most folk to prefer the version of a song they hear and become familiar with first, rather than the cover version, regardless of which version has the better production values or musicianship.  Alas, I will monitor here for the near future if anyone else wants to chime in on whether or not they would play a third year and which type of scoring system they prefer.  Thanksagain to all for playing, and may your shadowlists in 2020 all go down in big numbers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Final standings updated earlier on this page of the thread!

• Thanks 1

TBH I really liked the new format and the challenge whether to post early to try and nab name's you were high on for the month or wait until the last day either to keep a name secret or to see if someone would come through with a late hit .It also made selecting easier if you weren't one of the first few picking,really all you had to do every month is make sure your name's weren't picked 5 times already. Anywho thanks for running this Worm,was a fun and engaging format

• Thanks 1

It would be my first time playing this format, but I'd give it a go.

Thank you Wormfarmer for hosting!

It's a definitely a different game, and the balancing between high scores and waiting until the very end is something new and interesting. I only think it could use some tweaking, for example, it should be forbidden to wait posting your team until you can get a lucky surefire hit in the middle of the month because of someone in a crash, shooting, etc... A new month's team should be posted on the 1st day of the next month at latest.

Otherwise, yeah, very slow final two months. I had two non-obits in the final month, and I should have chosen different people. Thankfully, the strongest opponents didn't do better.

Also, both times, it was very close. 

As I said before, I have to cut my involvement a little and the possible 15-30 minutes updating the DDP scores around 3 times a week have to come from somewhere. So I will not be participating in a possible 2020 version of this pool. 

• Thanks 1