RIP Wee Jum

Poker Players

4 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

I give the Sun credit for giving QOs to, I don't know how to say it, low-class but popular fields, like wrestling, martial arts and now Poker. These people, for better or worse, might have a bigger impact on culture than some architects or eccentric fashion designers. 

In before Philip Latham gets an inevitable mention...

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

7 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

I give the Sun credit for giving QOs to, I don't know how to say it, low-class but popular fields, like wrestling, martial arts and now Poker. These people, for better or worse, might have a bigger impact on culture than some architects or eccentric fashion designers. 

I think after the US expansion it allows for even more US names to get a QO. 

On 05/12/2020 at 06:49, Spade_Cooley said:

Typical poker player

in-god-we-trust-money.jpg

Matt Marafioti, also known as ADZ124 is dead after a suicide. Younger folks probably won't remember him, but I certainly do. One of the top online players at one point, also a very troubled guy.

• Like 1

On 18/02/2019 at 01:06, FixedBusiness said:

Aye, we have a fucking darts thread, so we might as well have this one.

Doyle Brunson just recently retired from chip spittin', I think he's well worth a watch.

Surprisingly enough he makes a return at the WSOP this year, 88 years old, and he has survived the first day of the Main Event.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, I.R.Baboon said:

Surprisingly enough he makes a return at the WSOP this year, 88 years old, and he has survived the first day of the Main Event.

Doyle won't be the poker legend I'll be including on several teams in 2022

Absolutely amazing play from Doyle here, insane that an 88-year-old can work that well.

On 01/07/2020 at 13:01, Ulitzer95 said:

Reminder that Henry Orenstein still breathes and will be 97 on 13th September.

As well as a Poker Hall of Fame player, he's a Holocaust survivor and a multi-millionaire toymaker who holds the patents to 100s of toylines, including Transformers and Johnny Lightning.

I think I'm right in saying he's the oldest living professional poker player(?) But this isn't one of my "areas", anyone know of any others who are at least 85+?

Henry Orenstein (wikidead at 98.

Quite an incredible life and quite the character.

A4EDB0F3-C524-4466-BB30-9DEAD61B15ED.jpeg

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

The Sun

Sadly wasn't picked in the DDP. Another name who could've brought us closer to the record if some teams had a little more imagination.

And yet people have picked 50 Cent and Piers Morgan... :rolleyes:

On 10/11/2021 at 00:09, Salmon Mousse said:

Doyle won't be the poker legend I'll be including on several teams in 2022

So it was Crandall Addington based on your AO Deadpool listing.  All I could find was the 20/02/2021 tweet by Brunson that he was in "bad health".  Any other information you can share now that you've exposed your cards?

3 hours ago, Evil Grimace said:

So it was Crandall Addington based on your AO Deadpool listing.  All I could find was the 20/02/2021 tweet by Brunson that he was in "bad health".  Any other information you can share now that you've exposed your cards?

FOMO more than anything else, really.  Quite enjoyed listening to an interview conducted with him, well after that tweet, in which he didn't reveal much, other than his lack of being able to do the things he'd like to anymore.  Shame he isn't sought out for more interviews, though, as he is well spoken and full of stories about the early days of big-time organized poker.

Doyle Brunson is playing in the new high stakes poker season.

W3v9AH0.png

(He is in the middle)

Clearly he is still mentally all there, he's keeping up with the table banter very well. Still playing pretty solid poker too. If I had a personal list of immortals, he would probably be near the top after all his cancers and other health problems.

Doyle Brunson and Jack Binion (and some Texas furniture guy/gambler Mattress Mack) six days ago:

binion.thumb.png.3a607ae052c37fede90092ef213c6e05.png

They all looked and sounded quite frail in the 20 minute video posted on facebook, couldn't hear what Brunson was saying.

• Like 1

RIP Texas Dolly

Used to play on Doyles Room back in the early 2000's

• Like 1