Sign in to follow this  
Joey Russ

Peter Frampton

Get a grip here and let the healing blues power of Peter's music stop this bickering, or summat

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

Get a grip here and let the healing blues power of Peter's music stop this bickering, or summat

Yep, I could listen and watch this all day long. You can't beat class.:hatsoff:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, redrumours said:

Yep, I could listen and watch this all day long. You can't beat class.:hatsoff:

Indeed - I was gifted his entire A&M output for a writing job on him once over. He's one of those odd musicians (BB King being another) who's albums are a pale imitation of what he can whip up in the moment on stage. Actually not that well served in terms of understanding his real class if you just listen to the hits. Sadly never seen him live. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Kudos on choosing the Live in Detroit album!  

"I was reading in Rolling Stone where they said, ‘Detroit audiences are the greatest rock ’n’ roll audiences in the world.  I thought to myself, ‘Shit! I’ve known that for 10 years!”— Bob Seger (1976)

Aw, he looks good but it’s a bit sad to see one of the youngest British pop stars of the 1960s struggling. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, millwall32 said:

(15) Do You Feel Like We Do (Live In The United States/1976) - YouTube

I heard this for the first time about two weeks agoi.

it's amazing.

Yeah, one of those cases where almost all the live versions lord it over the studio cuts. Anorak stuff but...another master stroke on that mega-selling live album is the sequencing which is different to the gigs he played on that tour so side four of the old vinyl rips Lines on my Face from the middle of the set and sets up Do you Feel Like we Do - which served as a set closer and tribute to the band members. For dead pooling purposes two of the four (Mayo and Siomis) are dead, given Frampton's health worries Stan Sheldon may be the last man standing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Appeared on tonight's episode of the American reality series/game show 'We Are Family', where he sang a duet with his son, Julian. Could still play the guitar, but sat during his performance and after his identity was revealed. His increasing physical limitations were briefly discussed.