gcreptile

Alex Trebek

He made the list. Phew!

I didn't add him on my personal list. He still looks fine, and may survive throughout the year. Next year... I could see him pass on.

• Like 1

I saw the special. Did not really say anything new about his illness (though for now, he still has days where he's well enough to do roof work), but the behind-the-scenes looks at Jeopardy itself were quite fascinating. It had some neat trivia, such as a look at the very first person to win on Trebek's Jeopardy, and that Merv Griffin composed the theme on a piano that once belonged to Marlon Brando.

• Like 2

Why is Trebek only #35?  Shouldn't he have been top 10 at the very least?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Why is Trebek only #35?  Shouldn't he have been top 10 at the very least?

It would have ruined the 90's and 100's club they've got going on

• Like 2

Just now, John Key said:

It would have ruined the 90's and 100's club they've got going on

I"m assuming that was a smarmy smart ass response.  And assuming that, I like you John Key.

• Like 2

I watched the greatest of all time game last night and trebeck has gotten about 3 shades darker. I think he has two months.

• Like 1

The GOAT matches are exciting to watch. I did not start watching Jeopardy until well after Ken's original run and I wish I'd have been able to witness it; he's still a force.

Though yes, sadly but unsurprisingly Trebek's illness is starting to visibly show. It was good timing that the James run happened when it did; the third obvious GOAT-tier player arrived just in time and it definitely has brightened up Trebek during his remaining months.

• Like 2

I watched last night’s Jeopardy episode. He looks so ill it’s hard to watch. You can tell his body is going thru a lot. His face looks like a different shade darker. God bless him. :(

• Sad 7

9 hours ago, DeathClock said:

I watched last night’s Jeopardy episode. He looks so ill it’s hard to watch. You can tell his body is going thru a lot. His face looks like a different shade darker. God bless him. :(

He’s still hosting it? Nicholas Parsons would be proud 

1 hour ago, JR976evil said:

He’s still hosting it? Nicholas Parsons would be proud 

I presume the episodes are prerecorded. Do we know how long before transmission?

56 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I presume the episodes are prerecorded. Do we know how long before transmission?

It's usually a few months. An article discussing an episode that aired earlier this week claims it was taped in November.

https://www.hometownlife.com/story/life/community/observer/canton/2020/02/05/canton-woman-competes-jeopardy-game-show/4664355002/

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HDS said:

It's usually a few months. An article discussing an episode that aired earlier this week claims it was taped in November.

https://www.hometownlife.com/story/life/community/observer/canton/2020/02/05/canton-woman-competes-jeopardy-game-show/4664355002/

As someone who was a contestant on Sports Jeopardy, I can tell you that this is accurate.  A few years ago, I filmed my episode during July, and it aired in November.  Same producers, I believe.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Ah yes hadn’t occurred to me, presumably done in a job lot. Still gotta admire the guys ‘show must go on’ approach

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mollyafox said:

News story: Man puts the bins out.

Glad to see journalism in Americaland is as packed to the tits with dreck as in Britain.

• Like 2

News story:Man who looks like death warmed up puts bin out.

I don't think it's going to be long before he ends up a hit.

2 hours ago, Death Impends said:

Marks a year since his diagnosis:

He's really doing well, considering.  His voice always sounds a bit funny on Jeopardy, like he might have a cold- that could be a side effect of his chemo- but the doctor is very encouraging...... as of right now, I think he will survive until next year anyway- but one never knows, these things can turn on a dime!!! A lot of us certainly didn't think he would last this long!!! And sooner or later it will come back to bite him!

12 hours ago, Death Impends said:

Marks a year since his diagnosis:

You got 6 likes for that?  WTH how many alt's do you have?  If you had said "Alex's pancreatic cancer is celebrating it's 1st birthday today" :party:  and put the birthday party emoji, you would have had one more, and a deserved one.

• Haha 1