gcreptile

Alex Trebek

That screams PR and organised call ahead to the press. You wouldn't notice him just wearing a mask, but if they called paps and said "we'll be wearing bedazzled hats", then they would get the right person.

3 hours ago, gcreptile said:

I'll say it again:  he looks alright, all things considered.  I wouldn't doubt that things could deteriorate quickly given his affliction, but for now, he continues to defy the odds. 

• Like 1

"I'm doing well. I've been continuing my treatment and it's been paying off, though it does fatigue me a great deal," Trebek said. "My numbers are good. I'm feeling great."

Old shows are going to start to air soon.

• Like 2

On 17/07/2020 at 18:17, DeathClock said:

That treatment that he’s on. It’s apparently an experimental treatment, and we know how those usually go...

2 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

That treatment that he’s on. It’s apparently an experimental treatment, and we know how those usually go...

No worse than no treatment I'd imagine. If it gives him a couple of extra months why not try it......

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

I’ll give him two months tops

:birthday: 80 today...

it's very likely his last. :(

• Sad 5

1 minute ago, mollyafox said:

https://people.com/health/alex-trebek-clarifies-would-not-stop-all-treatment-if-current-cancer-regimen-fails/

Clarifies a statement he made regarding his treatment. When he said he would stop treatment, he meant his "experimental" treatment, not treatment all together - he would go back to chemotherapy if it doesn't work. 

I'll go for "Backtracking Quickly" for $600.....

I still think he can make it 5+ more months to see 2021, but things can deteriorate rather quickly.  I hope he can return to host Jeopardy for one more run of tapings before he falls too ill.  

• Like 2

This short clip from ET looks at his marital life and his life as a father. It mentions that his son has left New York to be with his father during the COVID as he recognizes this is "the last go-round" and to spend as much quality time with him before there is no time left to spend.

• Like 1

On 17/09/2019 at 09:15, ajlposh said:

I’m gonna call it now: If he’s still around by next year, 2020 is gonna be a rough year for game show hosts. I don’t know why I think that, I just do

Seems like your prediction is true only, er, Alex Trebek hasn’t died yet...

Not looking good for him as he prepares a last goodbye to his tv show and is contemplating ending treatment.He's allready lasted longer than most so looks like he's ready to accept his time has  finally come... https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7838293/Jeopardy-host-Alex-Trebek-says-battle-pancreatic-cancer-left-suffering-depression.html

11 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Not looking good for him as he prepares a last goodbye to his tv show and is contemplating ending treatment.He's allready lasted longer than most so looks like he's ready to accept his time has  finally come... https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7838293/Jeopardy-host-Alex-Trebek-says-battle-pancreatic-cancer-left-suffering-depression.html

That article is from December 2019...

It doesn't take a lot of brainpower to check these things before posting.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Perhaps said:

That article is from December 2019...

It doesn't take a lot of brainpower to check these things before posting.

Oh right. That totally invalidates everything I said then ! :unsure::mellow:

I’m getting concerned—I haven’t seen him take out the trash recently.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1