gcreptile

Alex Trebek

1 hour ago, Doc said:

You mean some idiot on reddit thought Neil Degrasse Tyson would make a good host, and zero decisions have been made by the show.

Accurate

Today is the anniversary of my mother's death - which was two weeks after she'd been told that her cancer treatment was going exceptionally well.

Just saying. :(

• Sad 8

I don't have a link for this, but I am watching the NHL Draft, and with the Ottawa Senators having the 3rd overall pick, they showed Alex Trebek actually reading off a clue from the Jeopardy set, and then announcing the player that was chosen, Tim Stutzle.  (Definitely wasn't a recorded message.)  He still doesn't look frail to me.  Think he makes 2021.  

EDIT:  I suppose he could have recorded it, given that it's possible he could have recorded a few possibilities as to which player it would be and then they went with that.  I guess with the pick being 3rd overall, that's possible.  It would be harder to do that if the pick was, say, 20th or something.  Anyway, just thought it was notable.  Carry on.  

8 minutes ago, MrWonderful said:

I don't have a link for this, but I am watching the NHL Draft, and with the Ottawa Senators having the 3rd overall pick, they showed Alex Trebek actually reading off a clue from the Jeopardy set, and then announcing the player that was chosen, Tim Stutzle.  (Definitely wasn't a recorded message.)  He still doesn't look frail to me.  Think he makes 2021.  

EDIT:  I suppose he could have recorded it, given that it's possible he could have recorded a few possibilities as to which player it would be and then they went with that.  I guess with the pick being 3rd overall, that's possible.  It would be harder to do that if the pick was, say, 20th or something.  Anyway, just thought it was notable.  Carry on.  

Link: https://streamable.com/1t44z5

Also, they got the 3rd OA pick a month ago, so I doubt it's that old of a recording.

The Jeopardy team confirm it. RIP to someone I know had a lot of fans on the forum.

• Sad 3

6 minutes ago, mollyafox said:

TMZ is reporting he's dead. Not that they're the most credible source but I highly doubt they would lie either

https://www.tmz.com/2020/11/08/alex-trebek-jeopardy-host-dead-dies-stage-4-pancreatic-cancer/

TMZ are always very credible for this type of news.

Already got a Q/O

RIP

Honestly, I suspected he was on his way out recently. Trebek was one who usually has a few articles on him a month. The fact the most recent article on him was in early October for something pre recorded, that definitely had my senses go off...

Did well to last as long as he did!

Oh, no. I knew it was coming, but still. R.I.P. A legendary and respectable human being with an impactful legacy.

• Like 4

Had recorded some new episodes relatively recently. Interestingly, record episode winner Ken Jennings had recently been brought in as a “consultant”, leading to speculation about him being lined up as a replacement.

1 minute ago, GWB_ said:

Alex Trebek is dead, RIP

Nothing gets past you, eh?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I knew it was coming, but I didn't know when.

Rest in peace, Alex. Your long, painful battle is finally over.

:angel2:

• Like 3

Rest In Peace Alex Trebek.

• Sad 1

RIP Alex Trebek. A celeb I actually met at a Jeopardy contestant search in New York in 1988. I asked where he got his windbreaker jacket with the Jeopardy emblem on it. He told me Revelation Rags in Los Angeles and it was $70

On 17/09/2019 at 10:15, ajlposh said:

I’m gonna call it now: If he’s still around by next year, 2020 is gonna be a rough year for game show hosts. I don’t know why I think that, I just do

Yep I think I’m right