gcreptile

35. Alex Trebek

Lot of Indian content for a Stanford publication there....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Doc said:

You mean some idiot on reddit thought Neil Degrasse Tyson would make a good host, and zero decisions have been made by the show.

Accurate

Today is the anniversary of my mother's death - which was two weeks after she'd been told that her cancer treatment was going exceptionally well.

Just saying. :(

• Sad 7

I don't have a link for this, but I am watching the NHL Draft, and with the Ottawa Senators having the 3rd overall pick, they showed Alex Trebek actually reading off a clue from the Jeopardy set, and then announcing the player that was chosen, Tim Stutzle.  (Definitely wasn't a recorded message.)  He still doesn't look frail to me.  Think he makes 2021.  

EDIT:  I suppose he could have recorded it, given that it's possible he could have recorded a few possibilities as to which player it would be and then they went with that.  I guess with the pick being 3rd overall, that's possible.  It would be harder to do that if the pick was, say, 20th or something.  Anyway, just thought it was notable.  Carry on.  

8 minutes ago, MrWonderful said:

I don't have a link for this, but I am watching the NHL Draft, and with the Ottawa Senators having the 3rd overall pick, they showed Alex Trebek actually reading off a clue from the Jeopardy set, and then announcing the player that was chosen, Tim Stutzle.  (Definitely wasn't a recorded message.)  He still doesn't look frail to me.  Think he makes 2021.  

EDIT:  I suppose he could have recorded it, given that it's possible he could have recorded a few possibilities as to which player it would be and then they went with that.  I guess with the pick being 3rd overall, that's possible.  It would be harder to do that if the pick was, say, 20th or something.  Anyway, just thought it was notable.  Carry on.  

Link: https://streamable.com/1t44z5

Also, they got the 3rd OA pick a month ago, so I doubt it's that old of a recording.