gcreptile

Barbra Streisand

The thread for Barbra Streisand, the award-winning US singer/actress turning 76 next month.

She was recently in the news for defending Michael Jackson, along the lines of "whatever he did, it didn't kill those boys":

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-47680378

Also, here's her mansion:

Image result for barbra streisand effect

No known health issues so far - but kooky enough to warrant discussion.

• Like 3

Her birthday is 24th April not March 

23 minutes ago, Steve said:

Hah, let me edit!

8 hours ago, Steve said:

I always thought her birthday is a holiday within the Gay Community, same with Madonnas, Chers, Kylies... :D

giphy.gif

The reason streisand had the piss taken out of her so much during the early years of south park, is apprently she visited colorado hated it and vowed never to return. Trey and matt being from colorado decided to respond in the only way they knew how! :D Also why she is portrayed as destroying south park which is set in colorado.

• Like 1

Some useless trivia, Babs and Bobby Fischer were in the same class at high school and they used to eat lunch together.

(I know this because I'm currently reading End Game , Fischer's rather excellent biography)

• Like 2

20 hours ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

Some useless trivia, Babs and Bobby Fischer were in the same class at high school and they used to eat lunch together.

(I know this because I'm currently reading End Game , Fischer's rather excellent biography)

Read and saw alot about bobby he was an incredible human being. He wasn't 'mentally ill' he just knew too much! He had alot of his memorabilia stolen in a raid by US govt on claims he owed them a few hunded dollars. Signed books and letters from nixon etc. He never earned a penny from the movies or games they made with his name on it.He seemed to hate jews alot, could be an issue with his jewish mother. 

Seeing reports that her autobiography is out reminds me she will be on the Colbert show later this month for an interview.

Not sure if she will be doing the rounds of news channels and talk shows otherwise.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Seeing reports that her autobiography is out reminds me she will be on the Colbert show later this month for an interview.

Not sure if she will be doing the rounds of news channels and talk shows otherwise.

She has done an interview with the BBC where she has announced her retirement. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/24651265/barbra-streisand-quits-showbiz-memoir/ 

• Like 1