YoungWillz

The Deathlist Poker Tournament 2019

Anyone under sentence of death excluded?

What in Taranation?

So Ivan Milat OUT?  I have like three 

are people like DeWayne Johnson excluded?  Only famous for being a plaintiff.  IOW for being ill.

Talk to me Y-Dub

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Anyone under sentence of death excluded?

What in Taranation?

So Ivan Milat OUT?  I have like three 

are people like DeWayne Johnson excluded?  Only famous for being a plaintiff.  IOW for being ill.

Talk to me Y-Dub

Ivan Milat is not on death row - he's serving life. DeWayne would not qualify - he came to public knowledge because of his cancer.

Come on, with all those celebrities out there, surely there's a team without borderline picks or even definite no-nos. 8 hours to think about it tops, I'd say.

• Thanks 1

Oh no I promise no screwy names (well, one, but you’ll enjoy it I PROMISE).

SC

5 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Oh no I promise no screwy names (well, one, but you’ll enjoy it I PROMISE).

SC

Oh god.

Go ahead, hit me with your best shot, plenty of room in the inbox. :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Oh god.

Go ahead, hit me with your best shot, plenty of room in the inbox. :P

DONE!
I promise you'll smile at my one goofy name, esp if you look him up.  A real person/celeb.  lol.
Easily the best name ever on DL.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

DONE!
I promise you'll smile at my one goofy name, esp if you look him up.  A real person/celeb.  lol.
Easily the best name ever on DL.

Take a deep breath as I prepare to check. :lol:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Take a deep breath as I prepare to check. :lol:

Just so long as you return and announce 'SirC has found the greatest name ever'... even if a bit fringe lol
(The group has a website.  He has a lovely FB page, which we should ALL friend him btw, he could use our Deathlist kinda support).

15 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Just so long as you return and announce 'SirC has found the greatest name ever'... even if a bit fringe lol
(The group has a website.  He has a lovely FB page, which we should ALL friend him btw, he could use our Deathlist kinda support).

Great pick and you look as though you have a strong team.

Apart from the two I've ruled out. :lol: I've got to go to the shops, so when I get back I expect two new names and a full strength Sir C team. ;)

Ok, a little under three hours to go and we have 23 teams! been a lot of work transcribing and allocating cards so far.

Those who have yet to enter - have a go, what have you got to lose?

Upon hearing the whistle for the final of the Deathlist Cup, the doors are slammed shut and the teams entered are locked in.

Masterlist appears on the first page of this thread. Please take your seats for 6 months of cardsharping! And best of luck to you all.

(Damn lot of Australian picks, damn lot of overlapping!)

• Like 6

13 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Great pick and you look as though you have a strong team.

Apart from the two I've ruled out. :lol: I've got to go to the shops, so when I get back I expect two new names and a full strength Sir C team. ;)

Kevin Roster allowed??

I wanted a poker player and he was obvious choice but felt he didn't get close to the fame criteria. Pretty hard to find any link to Kevin Roster poker player before he had cancer.

If you google Kevin Roster Poker the only poker related hit on the first page is the Hendon Mob Poker site where he is ranked 38,951st and the 2019 WSOP winnings in Poker News which he is at as his dying thing to do. He's also described as a semi professional poker player in some articles about his cancer. I think I could class as a semi professional poker player.

His job was running a collectibles business and he -played a bit of poker and won hardly anything and he wasn't famous, then he got cancer??

Quote 'Prior to his cancer diagnosis, Roster was living the good life being a semi-professional poker player and running a profitable collectibles business with his wife. They have a son who is now nine years old.'

Sorry it's up to game runner but it seems if you try and make game runner's job easy and do a bit of their work for them then you are setting yourself up for Sir Creep to trample all over the rules.

Well GUN, the fact is he is on the Hendon Mob database which kinda just about swung it for me, especially in a poker based game. Tightrope walked, scraped home. Mad Marty Wilson was a much better pick in my opinion, as was Doyle Brunson (age more than anything).

And he still has to QO according to the rules.

I will always accommodate queries on potential picks pre-team selection or even if they are submitted as part of a team. Even if I personally think they are a long shot to QO, I won't judge. Let's see how things un-fold.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Well GUN, the fact is he is on the Hendon Mob database which kinda just about swung it for me, especially in a poker based game. Tightrope walked, scraped home. Mad Marty Wilson was a much better pick in my opinion, as was Doyle Brunson (age more than anything).

And he still has to QO according to the rules.

I will always accommodate queries on potential picks pre-team selection or even if they are submitted as part of a team. Even if I personally think they are a long shot to QO, I won't judge. Let's see how things un-fold.

Okay and apologies to you and Sir Creep for previous post. I guess just frustrating that I actually did the research to discount him so spent extra time to NOT include him in my team :D

PS In 2016 I was ranked in top 3,000 Half Marathon runners in UK as shown on multiple athletic websites - I doubt this would qualify me as 'famous'.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Grim Up North said:

Okay and apologies to you and Sir Creep for previous post. I guess just frustrating that I actually did the research to discount him so spent extra time to NOT include him in my team :D

PS In 2016 I was ranked in top 3,000 Half Marathon runners in UK as shown on multiple athletic websites - I doubt this would qualify me as 'famous'.

Don't tell Sir C, if you get a cold he'll have you in his team next year! :lol:

• Haha 1

LOL I just signed on and see my name, now I have to  :arrow: and backtrack!  lol  

Deaths So Far:

Christopher Booker - 3 July

Jared Lorenzen - 3 July

John McCririck - 5 July

Captain Chorizo: 200 Points (Lorenzen; McCririck)

Cards Played: Queen of SpadesFour of Diamonds

Grim Up North: 150 Points (McCririck)

Cards Played: Black Joker

msc: 150 Points (Booker)

Cards Played: Red Joker

YoungWillz: 150 Points (Booker)

Cards Played: Black Joker

Banana: 100 Points (Booker)

Cards Played: Three of Hearts

gcreptile: 100 Points (Booker)

Cards Played: Nine of Diamonds

Joey Russ: 100 Points (Booker)

Cards Played: Eight of Clubs

Sean: 100 Points (McCririck)

Cards Played: Six of Hearts

Sir Creep: 100 Points (Lorenzen)

Cards Played: Jack of Spades

The Old Crem: 100 Points (McCririck)

Cards Played: Five of Clubs

theoldlady: 100 Points (McCririck)

Cards Played: Two of Hearts

Toast: 100 Points (McCririck)

Cards Played: Five of Diamonds

Torva Messor: 100 Points (McCririck)

Cards Played: Queen of Clubs

Everyone Else: 0 Points.

• Like 4

Let's be honest - his first good act.

• Haha 1

Have my first hit here with the demise of John McCririck.

• Like 1

Oh my black joker has gone at the first - I think that's probably excellent news but I'd better read the rules :D

I was disappointed when I got my cards allotment and noticed it didn't include the Ace of Spades. I took that as a bad sign. 

With McCririck's death, it's hits a-plenty.

Captain Chorizo becomes the first player to get two hits and takes an early lead.

Grim Up North gains a Joker hit, and Sean, The Old Crem, theoldlady, Toast and Torva Messor all place.

Where is our two time champion?

Leaderboard updated.

• Like 1

Bit of a brain fart for me. I saw that June picture and made a memo on my phone to add him to the roster - only I forgot to do it...

• Like 1