YoungWillz

The Deathlist Poker Tournament 2019

Poetic that even in a pool without any suicide bonus, Vervoort is still a pointsapalooza.

• Like 2

Well, technically it's never the death of an individual which grants the bonuses, it's the combination of cards drawn. gcreptile was essentially sitting on three pairs so drawing any additional card of any one of those pairs would make a huge bonus.

It should be noted that if certain folk were to cash in their joker, bonuses will flow like milk and honey as well.

First I thought I had drawn a crappy deck, with no Aces, for example.

But actually, because my deck is very clumped in a few types, this bonus accumulation will increase in intensity.

For example, if I get a hit with Chris Doleman now, who is a 9, I get another pair of nines, and all the bonuses I already got through the 7s and Js through Marieke, plus another pair of nines, and a triple 9 - but yes, also a full house of 9s and Js, and actually TWO full houses with the 9s and 7s, one is two 7s and 3 9s, and one is three 7s and 2 9s. I will then have three 7s and three 9s...which means, actually.... it would be two DIFFERENT full houses of three 7s and two 9s (because with three 9s there are two possibilities of two 9s), and then two DIFFERENT full houses of two 7s and three 9s.

So yeah, Chris Doleman results in.... five (?) full houses.

Well... total mayhem would come if I had a chance to get 4 of a kind, but the Randy Romero non-obit killed that.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

First I thought I had drawn a crappy deck, with no Aces, for example.

But actually, because my deck is very clumped in a few types, this bonus accumulation will increase in intensity.

For example, if I get a hit with Chris Doleman now, who is a 9, I get another pair of nines, and all the bonuses I already got through the 7s and Js through Marieke, plus another pair of nines, and a triple 9 - but yes, also a full house of 9s and Js, and actually TWO full houses with the 9s and 7s, one is two 7s and 3 9s, and one is three 7s and 2 9s. I will then have three 7s and three 9s...which means, actually.... it would be two DIFFERENT full houses of three 7s and two 9s (because with three 9s there are two possibilities of two 9s), and then two DIFFERENT full houses of two 7s and three 9s.

So yeah, Chris Doleman results in.... five (?) full houses.

Well... total mayhem would come if I had a chance to get 4 of a kind, but the Randy Romero non-obit killed that.

What are the chances with Chris Doleman. He was off my radar until a player picked him as a widcard in my work game but at the moment he could be the decider if he were to go in 2019

5 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

What are the chances with Chris Doleman. He was off my radar until a player picked him as a widcard in my work game but at the moment he could be the decider if he were to go in 2019

He's been wheelchair bound for pretty much the whole year and has outlived the usual life expectancy for glioblastoma. Actually still makes public appearances sometimes, but with that illness for so long he's the type of name where it wouldn't be a surprise at all if he went tomorrow.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

He's a big name American sports star, apparently. And he has had terminal glioblastoma since sometime last year so if he makes it to 2020 he'll have done very well indeed (and will probably be on enough teams to make the Drop 40 bonus).

• Like 1

Deaths So Far:

Christopher Booker - 3 July

Jared Lorenzen - 3 July

John McCririck - 5 July

Sutopo Purwo Nugroho - 7 July

Michael Sleggs - 9 July

Freddie Jones - 9 July

Denise Nickerson - 10 July

Hussain Muhammad Ershad - 14 July

Johnny Clegg - 16 July

John Paul Stevens - 16 July

Andrea Camilleri - 17 July

David Hedison - 18 July

Beji Caid Essebsi - 25 July

Kevin Roster - 26 July - No Obit

Mad Marty Wilson - 26 July

Harley Race - 1 August

Brian Lochore - 3 August

Alf Smith - 4 August

Cecilia Caballero Blanco - 13 August - No Obit

Kathleen Blanco - 18 August

Fred Rister - 20 August

Tim Fischer - 22 August

Randy Romero - 28 August - No Obit

Jim Leavelle - 29 August

Valerie Harper - 30 August

Derrick King - 1 September

Roger Etchegaray - 4 September - No Obit

Robert Mugabe - 6 September

Chris Duncan - 6 September

Chng Seok Tin - 6 September - No Obit

Suzanne Whang - 17 September

Fernando Ricksen - 18 September

Tony Mills - 18 September - No Obit

Jacques Chirac - 26 September

Jose Jose - 28 September

Leah Bracknell - 29 SSeptember

Bat McGrath - 1 October - No Obit

Diahann Carroll - 4 October

Ginger Baker - 6 October

Dorothy "Gwen" Payne - 15 October - No Obit

Bill Macy - 17 October

Marieke Vervoort - 22 October

Gustav Gerneth - 22 October - No Obit

Ivan Milat - 27 October

Holly Clegg - 1 November - No Obit

John Fordham - 10 November

Clive James - 24 November

Paul Volcker - 8 December

Sheila Mercier - 13 December

Martin Peters - 21 December

Tony Britton - 22 December

Captain Chorizo: 2000 Points (Lorenzen; McCririck; Nugroho; J. Clegg; Camilleri; A. Smith; K Blanco; D King; Ricksen; Whang; Bracknell; Milat; C James)

Cards Played: Queen of SpadesFour of DiamondsBlack JokerNine of HeartsTen of HeartsKing of ClubsFour of ClubsEight of HeartsSeven of DiamondsSix of HeartsSeven of ClubsSeven of HeartsThree of Hearts

Joey Russ: 1712 Points (Booker; Nugroho; Sleggs; J. Clegg; Essebsi; K Blanco; Duncan; Ricksen; Whang; Bracknell; Milat; C James; Volcker) (Sub: Chirac [2 Spades])

Cards Played: Eight of ClubsEight of DiamondsAce of ClubsSix of SpadesFive of HeartsJack of DiamondsKing of SpadesTwo of DiamondsFour of ClubsSeven of DiamondsTen of SpadesSix of ClubsEight of Spades 

gcreptile: 1443 Points (Booker; Nugroho; J. Clegg; Essebsi; Wilson; K Blanco D King; Ricksen; Vervoort; Milat; Volcker) (Sub: Lochore [8 Hearts])

Cards Played: Nine of DiamondsNine of SpadesSeven of HeartsJack of ClubsSeven of SpadesJack of DiamondsEight of ClubsKing of HeartsSeven of ClubsTwo of HeartsFour of Diamonds

Clorox Bleachman: 1435 Points (Nugroho; Sleggs; J. Clegg; Camilleri; Essebsi; K Blanco; Ricksen; Whang; Jose; Milat; C James)

Cards Played: Five of SpadesFour of HeartsNine of SpadesSix of HeartsTwo of HeartsSeven of ClubsQueen of HeartsThree of DiamondsFive of DiamondsAce of SpadesFive of Hearts

Death Impends: 1435 Points (Nugroho; Sleggs; J. Clegg; Camilleri; Essebsi; K Blanco; Ricksen; Whang; Bracknell; Milat; Volcker)

Cards Played: Ten of DiamondsFive of ClubsKing of HeartsSeven of HeartsFive of DiamondsSeven of DiamondsJack of SpadesFive of SpadesThree of SpadesThree of DiamondsFour of Spades

Grim Up North: 1225 Points (McCririck; Nugroho; Sleggs; J. Clegg; K Blanco; Rister; Duncan; Ricksen; Bracknell; Milat; C James)

Cards Played: Black JokerKing of SpadesQueen of DiamondsEight of ClubsFour of HeartsNine of SpadesQueen of ClubsThree of SpadesNine of HeartsFour of ClubsFive of Diamonds

Banana: 1069 Points (Booker; J. Clegg; Camilleri; K Blanco; Fischer; D King; Ricksen; Jose; Milat; Fordham) (Sub: Essebsi [6 Diamonds]; Mugabe [A Hearts]; Bracknell [A Spades])

Cards Played: Three of HeartsQueen of DiamondsThree of DiamondsNine of ClubsEight of SpadesJack of DiamondsTwo of HeartsJack of SpadesFour of SpadesKing of Spades 

Sir Creep: 930 Points (Lorenzen; Sleggs; Camilleri; K Blanco; D King; Mugabe; Ricksen; Milat) (Sub: J. Clegg [A Diamonds]; Duncan [J Spades])

Cards Played: Jack of SpadesNine of ClubsEight of HeartsEight of DiamondsTen of SpadesAce of ClubsSeven of HeartsAce of Diamonds

msc: 870 Points (Booker; Sleggs; F. Jones; J. Clegg; Whang; Bracknell; Milat; C James)

Cards Played: Red JokerFour of HeartsTen of DiamondsSix of SpadesKing of ClubsAce of SpadesAce of ClubsQueen of Diamonds

The Old Crem: 835 Points (McCririck; Sleggs; Ershad; J. Clegg; K Blanco; Ricksen; Bracknell; C James)

Cards Played: Five of ClubsTwo of HeartsThree of DiamondsNine of DiamondsFour of DiamondsTwo of ClubsJack of ClubsJack of Spades

Fixed Business: 779 Points (J. Clegg; Stevens; K Blanco; Leavelle; Ricksen; Bracknell; C James) (Sub: Harper [9 Spades]}

Cards Played: Eight of HeartsAce of HeartsJack of DiamondsTen of SpadesSeven of ClubsAce of ClubsRed Joker

RadGuy: 718 Points (Nugroho; J. Clegg; K Blanco; Ricksen; Whang; Bracknell; C James) (Sub: Macy [8 Diamonds])

Cards Played: Two of ClubsThree of HeartsEight of HeartsTen of HeartsJack of ClubsEight of ClubsQueen of Spades

Sean: 710 Points (McCririck; Nickerson; J. Clegg; K Blanco: Ricksen; C James; Peters)

Cards Played: Six of HeartsKing of HeartsTen of ClubsFive of DiamondsFour of ClubsSix of SpadesThree of Spades

Skinny Kiltrunner: 710 Points (Sleggs; Essebsi; K Blanco; Duncan; Ricksen; Whang; Milat)

Cards Played: Seven of HeartsJack of DiamondsTwo of HeartsFour of DiamondsJack of ClubsEight of HeartsQueen of Hearts

Torva Messor: 705 Points (McCririck; J. Clegg; K Blanco; Mugabe Ricksen; Milat; C James)

Cards Played: Queen of ClubsTen of SpadesKing of ClubsSix of DiamondsAce of HeartsEight of SpadesFive of Hearts

Yorkshire Banker: 664 Points (K Blanco; Mugabe; Ricksen; Milat; Mercier; Britton) (Sub: Race [Q Spades]; G Baker [2 Diamonds])

Cards Played: Nine of SpadesQueen of SpadesTwo of ClubsRed JokerThree of DiamondsFour of Diamonds 

theoldlady: 600 Points (McCririck; J. Clegg; Mugabe; Ricksen; Jose; C James)

Cards Played: Two of HeartsThree of DiamondsTen of ClubsEight of ClubsKing of SpadesFour of Diamonds

YoungWillz: 573 Points (Booker; Sleggs; K Blanco; Ricksen; C James) (Sub: Hedison [K Hearts])

Cards Played: Black JokerQueen of DiamondsSix of HeartsSix of DiamondsEight of Clubs

Jiroemon Kimura: 508 Points (Race; K Blanco; Ricksen; Bracknell; Milat) (Sub: Fischer [3 Hearts])

Cards Played: Ace of DiamondsFour of ClubsThree of HeartsNine of HeartsKing of Spades

Toast: 436 Points (McCririck; Sleggs; J. Clegg; Ricksen) (Sub: Chirac [9 Diamonds]; Mercier [Q Diamonds])

Cards Played: Five of DiamondsSeven of ClubsSeven of HeartsAce of Diamonds

Death By Arsenic: 406 Points (Race; K Blanco; Ricksen; Bracknell) (Sub: G Baker [6 Diamonds])

Cards Played: Queen of ClubsJack of HeartsEight of ClubsFive of Hearts

Great Uncle Bulgaria: 332 Points (J. Clegg; K Blanco; Harper) (Sub: Peters [Q Hearts])

Cards Played: Ace of SpadesAce of HeartsTwo of Spades

Gooseberry Crumble: 305 Points (Ricksen; Carroll; Peters)

Cards Played: Jack of HeartsAce of ClubsTen of Clubs

Bibliogryphon:100 Points (Mugabe)

Cards Played: Eight of Hearts

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There's been a murder in relation to the points scoring with Ivan Milat's death. Several teams had him in their backpack, and as can be seen from the above; a massive change at the top.

Bonuses:

msc hits A Clubs - 5 Points; Pair of As - 10 Points - Total: 15 Additional Points.

Grim Up North hits 4 Clubs - Pair of 4s - 10 Points; Two Pair (4s and Qs) - 15 Points; Two Pair (4s and 9s) - 15 Points - Total: 40 Additional Points.

Death Impends hits 3 Diamonds - Pair of 3s - 10 Points; Two Pair (3s and 7s) - 15 Points; Two Pair (3s and 5s [5 Spades and Diamonds]) - 15 Points; Two Pair (3s and 5s [5 Spades and Clubs]) - 15 Points; Two Pair (3s and 5s [5 Diamonds and Clubs]) - 15 Points; Full House (5s over 3s) - 80 Points - Total: 150 Additional Points.

Clorox Bleachman hits the A Spades - 5 Points; Straight (A, 2, 3, 4, 5 with 5 Diamonds) - 30 Points; Straight (A, 2, 3, 4, 5 with 5 Spades) - 30 Points - Total: 65 Additional Points.

Sir Creep hits A Diamonds - 5 Points; Pair of As - 10 Points; Two Pair (As and 8s) - 15 Points - Total: 30 Additional Points.

Captain Chorizo hits 7 Hearts - Pair 7s with 7 Clubs - 10 Points; Pair 7s with 7 Diamonds - 10 Points; Two Pair (7s and 4s with 7 Clubs) - 15 Points; Two Pair (7s and 4s with 7 Diamonds) - 15 Points; Three of a Kind (7s) - 20 Points; Straight (6, 7, 8, 9, 10 with 7 Hearts) - 30 Points; Flush (6, 7, 8, 9, 10 of Hearts) - 40 Points; Full House (7s over 4s) - 80 Points; Straight Flush (6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Hearts) - 150 Points - Total: 370 Additional Points.

So Captain Chorizo now takes the lead with the highest set of bonuses so far, with gcreptile and Death Impends on the podium but with a bit of ground to make up.

New Leaderboard above for a new page.

• Like 1

Death spotter picks talent spotter. A glass of Banana wine, as John Fordham dies of cancer.

No bonuses, no change in the standings.

Leaderboard updated.

Been quiet of late round the tables, but now Clive James has been Rounded With A (Big) Sleep.

Several players had him on their list, including yours truly.

Bonuses:

Fixed Business hits a Red Joker - 50 Additional Points and possible conversion in due course.

The Old Crem hits J Spades - Pair Js - 10 Points.; Two Pair (Js and 2s) - 15 Points - Total - 25 Additional Points.

Joey Russ hits 6 Clubs - Pair 6s - 10 Points; Two Pair (6s and 8s) - 15 Points; Straight (4, 5, 6, 7, 8 with 8 Clubs) - 30 Points; Straight (4, 5, 6, 7, 8 with 8 Diamonds) - 30 Points - Total - 85 Additional Points.

Clorox Bleachman hits 5 Hearts - Pair (with 5 Spades) - 10 Points; Pair (with 5 Diamonds) - 10 Points; Three Of A Kind (5s) - 20 Points; Straight (2, 3, 4, 5, 6) - 30 Points; Straight (3, 4, 5, 6, 7) - 30 Points; Flush (2, 4, 5, 6, Q Hearts) - 40 Points - Total - 140 Additional Points.

Sean hits 6 Spades - Pair 6s - 10 Points.

Captain Chorizo hits 3 Hearts - Flush (3, 6, 7, 8, 9 Hearts) - 40 Points; Flush (3, 6, 7, 8, 10 Hearts) - 40 Points; Flush (3, 7, 8, 9, 10 Hearts) - 40 Points; Flush (3, 6, 8, 9, 10 Hearts) - 40 Points; (3, 6, 7, 9, 10 Hearts) - 40 Points - Total - 200 Additional Points.

With that, Captain Chorizo hits 2000 Points, extending his lead and breaking all the previous records. Clorox Bleachman moves into second and Joey Russ sits on the third place podium.

Leaderboard Updated.

3 players saw former Fed Reserve bod Volcker as low hanging fruit. As a result, Death Impends, gcreptile and Joey Russ have some interest to add to this pool!

However, the bonuses only go to Joey Russ who hits 8 Spades and as a result his bonuses are as follows:

Pair of 8s (Spades and Clubs) - 10 Points; Pair of 8s (Spades and Diamonds) - 10 Points; Two Pair - (8s Spades and Clubs and 6s) - 15 Points; Two Pair - (8s Spades and Diamonds and 6s) - 15 Points; Three of a Kind (8s) - 20 Points; Straight (4, 5, 6 Spades; 7, 8) - 30 Points; Straight (4, 5, 6 Clubs, 7, 8) - 30 Points; Flush (6, 7, 8, 10, K Spades) - 40 Points; Full House (8s over 6s) - 80 Points.

That's a total of 250 Additional Points and projects him into second, behind Captain Chorizo whose lead is now not looking so secure. gcreptile now sits in third, with a tiny lead over Clorox Bleachman and Death Impends who are tied for fourth.

One turn of one card could now change everything. All to play for then.

Leaderboard updated.

• Like 2

91053.jpg

I am in full hoping to run out the clock mode in this pool now

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sugden in the way she moves.....Sheila Mercier goes from Emmerdale to beyond the veil.

A hit for Yorkshire Banker who moves up a spot.

Toast had her as a sub and draws Q Diamonds for 12 Points added.

No bonuses, leaderboard updated.

• Thanks 1

"Peters has scored, Peters has scored!"

Gooseberry Crumble and Sean hit the back of the net with Martin Peters. Sean moves up a little in the standings. No Bonuses.

Great Uncle Bulgaria had Peters as a sub, brings him onto the field drawing the Q Hearts for 12 Points added.

Leaderboard updated.

• Thanks 1

Great Britain loses a Great Britton, and Tony's death was only predicted by Yorkshire Banker who jumps up a couple of spots.

No bonuses, leaderboard updated.

*sigh* Guess I'd better do the obligatory game runner thing.

Well, the croupiers and table staff have been put on notice and the tellers are rootling around for the keys to lock the till. For players still at the tables, don't mind the cleaners, just lift your feet when asked. Gawd knows where I'll get the staff next year in post-Brexit ….can I say, UK?

Now I'm going to be in and out of the office over the next few days, got to buy those frames for the Hall of Fame and the toilets. One player is streets ahead to fill that place above Cubicle 3 and again it's looking like the Gents will get the picture.

But never fear! Remember the game won't officially end until the turn between 7/8 January 2020 to allow for those pesky late obits to arrive. So no claiming victory until the final leaderboard is published! Customers will be allowed to go home for a wash in between times.

Will anyone receive a late Christmas card? It's still interesting!

Deaths So Far:

Christopher Booker - 3 July

Jared Lorenzen - 3 July

John McCririck - 5 July

Sutopo Purwo Nugroho - 7 July

Michael Sleggs - 9 July

Freddie Jones - 9 July

Denise Nickerson - 10 July

Hussain Muhammad Ershad - 14 July

Johnny Clegg - 16 July

John Paul Stevens - 16 July

Andrea Camilleri - 17 July

David Hedison - 18 July

Beji Caid Essebsi - 25 July

Kevin Roster - 26 July - No Obit

Mad Marty Wilson - 26 July

Harley Race - 1 August

Brian Lochore - 3 August

Alf Smith - 4 August

Cecilia Caballero Blanco - 13 August - No Obit

Kathleen Blanco - 18 August

Fred Rister - 20 August

Tim Fischer - 22 August

Randy Romero - 28 August - No Obit

Jim Leavelle - 29 August

Valerie Harper - 30 August

Derrick King - 1 September

Roger Etchegaray - 4 September - No Obit

Robert Mugabe - 6 September

Chris Duncan - 6 September

Chng Seok Tin - 6 September - No Obit

Suzanne Whang - 17 September

Fernando Ricksen - 18 September

Tony Mills - 18 September - No Obit

Jacques Chirac - 26 September

Jose Jose - 28 September

Leah Bracknell - 29 SSeptember

Bat McGrath - 1 October - No Obit

Diahann Carroll - 4 October

Ginger Baker - 6 October

Dorothy "Gwen" Payne - 15 October - No Obit

Bill Macy - 17 October

Marieke Vervoort - 22 October

Gustav Gerneth - 22 October - No Obit

Ivan Milat - 27 October

Holly Clegg - 1 November - No Obit

John Fordham - 10 November

Clive James - 24 November

Paul Volcker - 8 December

Sheila Mercier - 13 December

Martin Peters - 21 December

Tony Britton - 22 December

Captain Chorizo: 2000 Points (Lorenzen; McCririck; Nugroho; J. Clegg; Camilleri; A. Smith; K Blanco; D King; Ricksen; Whang; Bracknell; Milat; C James)

Cards Played: Queen of SpadesFour of DiamondsBlack JokerNine of HeartsTen of HeartsKing of ClubsFour of ClubsEight of HeartsSeven of DiamondsSix of HeartsSeven of ClubsSeven of HeartsThree of Hearts

Joey Russ: 1712 Points (Booker; Nugroho; Sleggs; J. Clegg; Essebsi; K Blanco; Duncan; Ricksen; Whang; Bracknell; Milat; C James; Volcker) (Sub: Chirac [2 Spades])

Cards Played: Eight of ClubsEight of DiamondsAce of ClubsSix of SpadesFive of HeartsJack of DiamondsKing of SpadesTwo of DiamondsFour of ClubsSeven of DiamondsTen of SpadesSix of ClubsEight of Spades 

Grim Up North: 1485 Points (McCririck; Nugroho; Sleggs; J. Clegg; K Blanco; Rister; Duncan; Ricksen; Bracknell; Milat; C James)

Cards Played: Four of SpadesKing of SpadesQueen of DiamondsEight of ClubsFour of HeartsNine of SpadesQueen of ClubsThree of SpadesNine of HeartsFour of ClubsFive of Diamonds

gcreptile: 1443 Points (Booker; Nugroho; J. Clegg; Essebsi; Wilson; K Blanco D King; Ricksen; Vervoort; Milat; Volcker) (Sub: Lochore [8 Hearts])

Cards Played: Nine of DiamondsNine of SpadesSeven of HeartsJack of ClubsSeven of SpadesJack of DiamondsEight of ClubsKing of HeartsSeven of ClubsTwo of HeartsFour of Diamonds

Clorox Bleachman: 1435 Points (Nugroho; Sleggs; J. Clegg; Camilleri; Essebsi; K Blanco; Ricksen; Whang; Jose; Milat; C James)

Cards Played: Five of SpadesFour of HeartsNine of SpadesSix of HeartsTwo of HeartsSeven of ClubsQueen of HeartsThree of DiamondsFive of DiamondsAce of SpadesFive of Hearts

Death Impends: 1435 Points (Nugroho; Sleggs; J. Clegg; Camilleri; Essebsi; K Blanco; Ricksen; Whang; Bracknell; Milat; Volcker)

Cards Played: Ten of DiamondsFive of ClubsKing of HeartsSeven of HeartsFive of DiamondsSeven of DiamondsJack of SpadesFive of SpadesThree of SpadesThree of DiamondsFour of Spades

Banana: 1069 Points (Booker; J. Clegg; Camilleri; K Blanco; Fischer; D King; Ricksen; Jose; Milat; Fordham) (Sub: Essebsi [6 Diamonds]; Mugabe [A Hearts]; Bracknell [A Spades])

Cards Played: Three of HeartsQueen of DiamondsThree of DiamondsNine of ClubsEight of SpadesJack of DiamondsTwo of HeartsJack of SpadesFour of SpadesKing of Spades 

msc: 930 Points (Booker; Sleggs; F. Jones; J. Clegg; Whang; Bracknell; Milat; C James)

Cards Played: Jack of DiamondsFour of HeartsTen of DiamondsSix of SpadesKing of ClubsAce of SpadesAce of ClubsQueen of Diamonds

Sir Creep: 930 Points (Lorenzen; Sleggs; Camilleri; K Blanco; D King; Mugabe; Ricksen; Milat) (Sub: J. Clegg [A Diamonds]; Duncan [J Spades])

Cards Played: Jack of SpadesNine of ClubsEight of HeartsEight of DiamondsTen of SpadesAce of ClubsSeven of HeartsAce of Diamonds

The Old Crem: 835 Points (McCririck; Sleggs; Ershad; J. Clegg; K Blanco; Ricksen; Bracknell; C James)

Cards Played: Five of ClubsTwo of HeartsThree of DiamondsNine of DiamondsFour of DiamondsTwo of ClubsJack of ClubsJack of Spades

Fixed Business: 779 Points (J. Clegg; Stevens; K Blanco; Leavelle; Ricksen; Bracknell; C James) (Sub: Harper [9 Spades]}

Cards Played: Eight of HeartsAce of HeartsJack of DiamondsTen of SpadesSeven of ClubsAce of ClubsRed Joker

RadGuy: 718 Points (Nugroho; J. Clegg; K Blanco; Ricksen; Whang; Bracknell; C James) (Sub: Macy [8 Diamonds])

Cards Played: Two of ClubsThree of HeartsEight of HeartsTen of HeartsJack of ClubsEight of ClubsQueen of Spades

Sean: 710 Points (McCririck; Nickerson; J. Clegg; K Blanco: Ricksen; C James; Peters)

Cards Played: Six of HeartsKing of HeartsTen of ClubsFive of DiamondsFour of ClubsSix of SpadesThree of Spades

Skinny Kiltrunner: 710 Points (Sleggs; Essebsi; K Blanco; Duncan; Ricksen; Whang; Milat)

Cards Played: Seven of HeartsJack of DiamondsTwo of HeartsFour of DiamondsJack of ClubsEight of HeartsQueen of Hearts

Torva Messor: 705 Points (McCririck; J. Clegg; K Blanco; Mugabe Ricksen; Milat; C James)

Cards Played: Queen of ClubsTen of SpadesKing of ClubsSix of DiamondsAce of HeartsEight of SpadesFive of Hearts

Yorkshire Banker: 674 Points (K Blanco; Mugabe; Ricksen; Milat; Mercier; Britton) (Sub: Race [Q Spades]; G Baker [2 Diamonds])

Cards Played: Nine of SpadesQueen of SpadesTwo of Clubs Two of Diamonds Three of DiamondsFour of Diamonds 

YoungWillz: 613 Points (Booker; Sleggs; K Blanco; Ricksen; C James) (Sub: Hedison [K Hearts])

Cards Played: Six of SpadesQueen of DiamondsSix of HeartsSix of DiamondsEight of Clubs

theoldlady: 600 Points (McCririck; J. Clegg; Mugabe; Ricksen; Jose; C James)

Cards Played: Two of HeartsThree of DiamondsTen of ClubsEight of ClubsKing of SpadesFour of Diamonds

Jiroemon Kimura: 508 Points (Race; K Blanco; Ricksen; Bracknell; Milat) (Sub: Fischer [3 Hearts])

Cards Played: Ace of DiamondsFour of ClubsThree of HeartsNine of HeartsKing of Spades

Toast: 436 Points (McCririck; Sleggs; J. Clegg; Ricksen) (Sub: Chirac [9 Diamonds]; Mercier [Q Diamonds])

Cards Played: Five of DiamondsSeven of ClubsSeven of HeartsAce of Diamonds

Death By Arsenic: 406 Points (Race; K Blanco; Ricksen; Bracknell) (Sub: G Baker [6 Diamonds])

Cards Played: Queen of ClubsJack of HeartsEight of ClubsFive of Hearts

Great Uncle Bulgaria: 332 Points (J. Clegg; K Blanco; Harper) (Sub: Peters [Q Hearts])

Cards Played: Ace of SpadesAce of HeartsTwo of Spades

Gooseberry Crumble: 305 Points (Ricksen; Carroll; Peters)

Cards Played: Jack of HeartsAce of ClubsTen of Clubs

Bibliogryphon:100 Points (Mugabe)

Cards Played: Eight of Hearts

I like that the start of this pool avoids the end-of-year rush, but I wish it ran for a year.  It all seems to be over so quick.

• Like 1

Yes the game is almost over. But not quite.

I wasn't going to bother if nobody else did, but Grim Up North decided at long last to convert his Joker. So therefore so have I. If there is a next year, I think I will make it more of a challenge that the Jokers will have to be converted by St Andrews Day, giving the game a distinctly Scottish flavour!

So - Bonuses!

GUN - Converts Black Joker to 4 Spades

Pair 4s (Spades and Hearts) - 10 Points

Pair 4s (Spades and Clubs) - 10 Points

Two Pair (4 [Spades and Hearts] and 9s) - 15 Points

Two Pair (4[Spades and Clubs] and 9s) - 15 Points

Two Pair (4[Spades and Hearts] and Qs) - 15 Points

Two Pair (4[Spades and Clubs] and Qs) - 15 Points

Three of a Kind (4s) - 20 Points

Full House (4s over 9s) - 80 Points

Full House (4s over Qs) - 80 Points

260 Points Added

YW Converts Black Joker to 6 Spades

Pair 6s (Spades and Hearts) - 10 Points

Pair 6s (Spades and Diamonds) - 10 Points

Three of a Kind (6s) - 20 Points

40 Points Added.

GUN therefore muscles his way onto the podium and I jump up a spot.

Leaderboard Updated.

Anyone who wishes to convert their played Joker (if they have one on the board), let me know by 23:59:59 today!

My only hope is a 2000 point bonus for finishing in 9th!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Toast said:

I like that the start of this pool avoids the end-of-year rush, but I wish it ran for a year.  It all seems to be over so quick.

Would be nice but gawd, the chances of more cards being hit and the calculations of bonuses...it's fun as it is I think, if it were to run for a year I'd have to re-jig the thing to keep it interesting.

• Like 1