Sign in to follow this  
adrian0719

John Prine

12 hours ago, msc said:

"Look at me not having heard of this person other people have heard of, how edgy am I?" posts are unedifying and crass regardless of who posts them, and are akin to those times DJL called any non-Oz Deathlist dull imo.

Oh do one. Some people you might have a point on this.

John Prine is not the fucking horse to die on in this regard.

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Toast said:

Well, I've certainly heard of him, although I've never listened to any of his music.  I know someone who has/had tickets to his London gig in February, which was postponed (I think for the second time) due to his ill-health.  She said at the time, "I am not destined to see him".

Similar, Toast. He's on the right the side of the country fence though, with the likes of Townes van Zandt and Guy Clark. I'll investigate, and hope he pulls through. Shame about Alan Merrill though - should have been a bigger pop star than he was, but I guess the Joan Jett royalties probably sweetened the pill a little.

• Like 1

Alas.

Cup Joker, second Joker to go in two rounds.

That cancer/corona double punch was just too much.

20 minutes ago, msc said:

That cancer/corona double punch was just too much.

What a shame.I thought maybe he had beaten it after all this time.He held on longer than I thought possible, but I guess it was inevitable it would be too much for him . R.I.P

Deid.

RIP 

Probably the first person I knew of prior to contracting/passing away from coronavirus.

Such an awful loss.

I'd also like to personally congratulate @Drewsky1211 on winning 10 pounds of coffee from Sir Creep's comment on page 1 :D

• Like 1

On 23/07/2019 at 19:09, Joey Russ said:

Liked it just to try to prove you wrong. :D 

Oh yeah, that post exists. Oops. :D 

(Definitely a sad death though not unexpected, and I hope his family can find some peace)

2 hours ago, FixedBusiness said:

I'd also like to personally congratulate @Drewsky1211 on winning 10 pounds of coffee from Sir Creep's comment on page 1 :D

no one gets coffee for a novel virus.  Read the fine print.  The assertion was he would die of cancer and that was a joke.  

3 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

Not even a DDP pick

Indeed, considering we've been like vultures around him for a year or two, a bit disappointing.

And he's a shoo-in for the List of the Lost edition of our radio show first Sunday next year. Sometimes there's a bit of discussion on which track we'll play to mark someone's death - barring a massive death and better candidate I'd say we've nailed the last track in a two hour show

Late period Prine, already looking and sounding ill. But this is still characterful to say the least - 

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

And he's a shoo-in for the List of the Lost edition of our radio show first Sunday next year. Sometimes there's a bit of discussion on which track we'll play to mark someone's death - barring a massive death and better candidate I'd say we've nailed the last track in a two hour show

If I kick the covid bucket, will we get another spin? If Peel won't/can't play HoM, then it'll have to be yooooou, sir.

2 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Late period Prine, already looking and sounding ill. But this is still characterful to say the least - 

Can I request you play "My Dicc Is Still Prejudiced" by Tweedy Bird Loc somewhere along that mix, or would it not fit your playing remit?

5 hours ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

If I kick the covid bucket, will we get another spin? If Peel won't/can't play HoM, then it'll have to be yooooou, sir.

A fair point - though you don't have to be dead to be on the show; that's just one weekly show in a year. As it happens we're theming a show around a late 80's indie album, so going to load it with more from around that time than we usually play - could likely cram one of your powerful missives into a triple shot at the start of the hour!

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

A fair point - though you don't have to be dead to be on the show; that's just one weekly show in a year. As it happens we're theming a show around a late 80's indie album, so going to load it with more from around that time than we usually play - could likely cram one of your powerful missives into a triple shot at the start of the hour!

Sweetie ❤️

Dan Einstein, a Grammy-winning independent record producer who championed the careers of John Prine and Steve Goodman, died here on Jan. 15. He was 61.

His death, in a hospice facility, was confirmed by his wife, who did not cite a cause.

SC

• Like 1