Sir Creep

ABC Deadpool III

Better late than never. 
I have for whatever reason agreed to the impossible task of taking over the ABC Deadpool from the masterful oversight by Wormfarmer.
So for one last moment let's give him a big :clap:

And since we are looking back to ABC Deadpool II, a huge congratulations to the champ, RadGuy.  :bow:  Our scoring system will remain intact, word for word, so the 55-point standard set by RadGuy is your target.  

So let's get this party started!

The rules:

Submit a list of 26 soon-to-croak people to me via PM.  The first name or last name of the first person must begin with an A.  Second person with a B.  You get the idea. This game doesn't require you to choose a joker. 

Qualifying names will be those getting an obit by sources used by the Windy City Deadpool, also found on its own thread at this site.  That pool, in turn, uses the obit sources of the Derby Dead Pool, but adds US sources ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox networks.  Also acceptable are CNN, The New York Times, the LA Times and the Associated Press as legit obit sources. 
There will be at least 250 names, probably approaching 300.  Please police your own obits and notify me by PM or a post on this thread.  As Wormfarmer stated, this applies particularly to European obit sources.

SCORING:

A hit using the first name (all letters except as below)  - 1 point

A hit using the last name (all letters except as below)  - 2 points

A hit with the first name . . .  (A, E, I, O, U, Y)  - 2 points

A hit with the last name . . . (A, E, I, O, U, Y)  - 3 points

A hit with the first OR last name . . .  (Q, X, Z)  -  4 points

A hit with an alliterative name scores the points for both first and last names as specified above

(so an alliterative at the A spot would be worth 5 points, the B spot would be worth 3 points, the Q spot would be worth 8 points)

BONUS POINTS:

Person was born in the year 1939 or later  - 2 points

Solos = 3 points, and duos = 1 point (I'll assume we get 10 entries; if not, this is void)

All Vowel Bonus - hit all five vowels (A, E, I, O, U) using LAST names = 5 points / hit any four vowels using last names + the letter Y = 4 points

Example: if someone gets a solo hit with Zadora Zephyr, who was born in 1940 (assuming 10+ entries), the score would be 8+2+3=13  (the best you could do with one hit).

Ties will be broken by the date the final score is reached.  That is, if three folks end up with 18 points, the person that got to 18 on the earliest date will be the winner. 

My list was PM'd to Bibliogryphon, the first entry I got.  The competition will start 1 AUGUST 2019 (all lists must be PM'd by 11:59pm (GMT) July 31) and end 31 July, 2020. 

If any names die before the contest begins, I will ask for a replacement at that letter.  Names at other letters may not be shuffled to accommodate the replacement. 

NOTE: Feel free to include a sub for any letter you like, in case you think it's iffy your name may not make the starting gate.  Probably a good idea.  
Example:  C - Carter, Jimmy (sub Carter, Rosalynn)

Enjoy!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Place holder for teams and anything else important lol.

Placed my oven ready team with Sir C a few hours ago, just so I don't forget.

• Like 1

I have sent my list I hope it's okay

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yvonne said:

I have sent my list I hope it's okay

Ahh, Yvonne, while you are about..

Do you know anything about poisoned pigeons in Douglas?

Careful what you say, nothing incriminating or owt!:D

54 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Ahh, Yvonne, while you are about..

Do you know anything about poisoned pigeons in Douglas?

Careful what you say, nothing incriminating or owt!:D

I only know what has been quoted in the press, supposedly rodent poison.  I would be very upset if it happened to any of my pets

I do have 7-8 entries to date.  

I guess I’m to scrutinise these?  Lol fox guarding the henhouse.

I mean — I’m the one who has brought you such luminaries as Gabrielle D’Allonches, Hassan Asif, Stoney Mountain Darrt and Renee Walinga!

I’ll get on it in 24 hours.  Not knowing half the UK celeb names will keep me intimate w Google a day or two.  I didn’t see much in the rules re: celeb status.... so unless a clear Fringe/Non Celeb, it’ll likely get a pass.  

SC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 or 8?  Is one of them mine?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yvonne said:

7 or 8?  Is one of them mine?

Indeed, Yvonne!  Nice to see your name pop up again.  

• Haha 1

Just bumping this to the top.  I have the following NINE teams entered (though fair to say I haven't checked if suitably 'celeb' enough yet, working on that the next night or two; 98% likely fine):

Sir Creep

YoungWillz

Bibliogryphon

Great Uncle Bulgaria

RadGuy
Yvonne
YorkshireBanker
Philip

Etushispushingupdasies

If you think you sent a list (didn't someone post one on the thread?  It's gone! LOL) and don't see your name.....well guess what!  Try try again.
SirC

EDIT: OK I have gone over the names for all the teams listed above and have sent out PMs asking for clarification and/or a new name in a couple instances.  I EVEN POLICED MYSELF!!  Only two names have I given the absolute AXE to , and those are Destinee McEwen (off of MY team lol) and Paddy Bassett.  I let a couple others slide....I am old and weak and mentally frail.  OBVS.
So if you have a team entered and didn't hear from me you're all set.
SC

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Yvonne -- typing lists out tonight.  Lee Iacocca sadly met his maker a couple weeks back.
So I will need a replacement for the letter "I" which frankly is one of the 2 or 3 hardest ones I think.
SirC

17 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Yvonne -- typing lists out tonight.  Lee Iacocca sadly met his maker a couple weeks back.
So I will need a replacement for the letter "I" which frankly is one of the 2 or 3 hardest ones I think.
SirC

James Ivory and  xi xi 

Thanks

Will be entering this by the deadline - need to work on team names of course.