Sir Creep

ABC Deadpool III

19 minutes ago, Banana said:

I believe he's saying as precedence for Lars Larsen, those two should be allowed. However, I agree with you, those aren't good enough QOs so Lars Larsen's points should also be deducted.

My argument was that based on the statement "Qualifying names will be those getting an obit by sources used by the Windy City Deadpool, also found on its own thread at this site." MSN should be accepted, as this year's Windy City Deadpool includes MSN.  I was just pointing it out because I realize I can't have it both ways, but I'll let SC make the final call.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

It’s not a precedent there are a list of QOs.  I’m happy to extract points lol.  Etchegaray has no points.

Creepy I think you are being very hard on yourself I did not realise that this was going to be quite so serious.  We could always take ourselves off on a little holiday to Rome and obtain a copy of the death certificate, visit the grave and pay our last respects, would that count as proof?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/9882454/chris-duncan-dead-st-louis-cardinals-brain-cancer/

Oh my, an actual QO!  Sadly young Chris Duncan has had his final at bat.  But good news for msc, Joey, and Clorox.
This puts msc back in the early lead!
Points, and a LOT of them (8), for nefarious Peter Ellis.  And just as nefariously, Banana leaps into the lead!

Official scoreboard as of Sept 7:

Banana - 19
msc - 15
JiroemonKimura - 12
Clorox Bleachman - 12

CaptainChorizo - 11

Joey Russ - 10
Death Impends - 8

Book - 8

Etushispushingupdasies - 8

Sean - 7

RadGuy - 7

Toast - 4

theoldlady - 4
YorkshireBanker - 4

gcreptile - 4

Wormfarmer - 4

Philip - 3

Torva Messor - 3

The Old Crem - 3

Great Uncle Bulgaria - 3

DeathByArsenic - 0
Skinny kiltrunner - 0

Yvonne - 0

YoungWillz - 0

Bibliogryphon - 0

Sir Creep - 0

14 hours ago, Banana said:

I believe he's saying as precedence for Lars Larsen, those two should be allowed. However, I agree with you, those aren't good enough QOs so Lars Larsen's points should also be deducted.

And I'm saying the rules supercede anything Sir Creep says or posts or allows at first glance.  TBH I don't play in the Windy City DP, though I certainly took a glance at it given the rules herein.  If in fact they allow MSN and if in fact MSN has posted an obit, it's open and shut.  Similarly, if not, then we deduct and wait.  This will take 10 seconds of searching :)

43 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

And I'm saying the rules supercede anything Sir Creep says or posts or allows at first glance.  TBH I don't play in the Windy City DP, though I certainly took a glance at it given the rules herein.  If in fact they allow MSN and if in fact MSN has posted an obit, it's open and shut.  Similarly, if not, then we deduct and wait.  This will take 10 seconds of searching :)

You aren't making any sense. Both Etchegaray and Ellis both have MSN obits and therefore should have points given for them. I don't understand the confusion.

OH now I see the problem.  It's not in English.
I would think that the sources herein, as well as extracting from Windy City, contemplated obits published in English, rather than a pinpoint regional version of MSN for instance.   So for that reason I am going to disallow the MSN obit for Larsen.

But let's review the rule to see if we even needed to get there.  We will do so in light of the fact, as stated in the opening paragraphs of the launch of this thread, I simply cut and pasted the rules, word for word, from 2018.  And those were as follows:

"Qualifying names will be those getting an obit by sources used by the Windy City Deadpool, also found on its own thread at this site.  That pool, in turn, uses the obit sources of the Derby Dead Pool, but adds US sources ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox networks.  Also acceptable are CNN, The New York Times, the LA Times and the Associated Press as legit obit sources. "

So the sources used by WCD were delineated as understood at the time of posting.   Nowhere is MSN mentioned.  If WCD changed it's sources, said change was not noted nor accepted by this DP.   The precise list of sources were noted (as well as a few additional ones beyond the scope of this discussion).  Thus, I am quite confident in believing that MSN wasn't an anticipated source for 2019.  Had it intended to use 'all WCD sources' no matter what, the precise list wouldn't have been posted as notice to all players.
So for that reason, I would disallow MSN as a source altogether.  And the concern over the English language version of MSN is moot.
SirC

The issue was more so accepting MSN for Larsen and not accepting it for Etchegaray or Ellis for no particular reason. 

8 minutes ago, Banana said:

The issue was more so accepting MSN for Larsen and not accepting it for Etchegaray or Ellis for no particular reason. 

I will amend for MSN and any other new sources I guess.  But I never checked beyond the list provided.  (and tbh I have no idea if the names you gave had a QO even then).
However I DO need English language obits.

EDIT:  OK here is the new QO rules, meant to coincide precisely with WCD.  Looks like TMZ is also, added.  HOWEVER, it also looks like ABC and NBC news networks are NOT listed and are now barred.  Seeing as AP news is accepted this shouldn't be a big deal.  But y'all want to play by the letter of the law, you got it.

SC

Qualifying names will be those getting an obit by sources used by the Windy City Deadpool, also found on its own thread at this site.  That pool, in turn, uses the obit sources of the Derby Dead Pool, but adds The Independent; US sources New York Times, LA Times, CBS News, Fox News, TMZ, and MSN.  Also acceptable are CNN, and the Associated Press as legit obit sources.   

Plus the following International news sources:

http://www.cbc.ca/
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/
http://www.heraldscotland.com/

https://www.univision.com/

So is Ellis good now then?

20 hours ago, Banana said:

Still awaiting that highly sought after Peter Ellis QO who I fought for having on my team

FTR I didn't see this.  So you were busting my cajones ... just remind me the dude died.  Also FTR it isn't my job to search for your QO.  I did this time.  Feel free to post.

SC

10 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

FTR I didn't see this.  So you were busting my cajones ... just remind me the dude died.  Also FTR it isn't my job to search for your QO.  I did this time.  Feel free to post.

SC

You literally quoted a post with the QO

• Haha 1

Going the way of his brother and sister before him (the past couple years), Cardinal Roger Etchegaray makes it a family reunion. 
Toast doubles her score and Sir Creep finally gets on the board, 3 points for a vowel surname and a Duo bonus point.

Scoreboard - 16 Sept 2019

Banana - 19
msc - 15
JiroemonKimura - 12
Clorox Bleachman - 12

CaptainChorizo - 11

Joey Russ - 10
Death Impends - 8

Book - 8

Toast - 8

Etushispushingupdasies - 8

Sean - 7

RadGuy - 7

theoldlady - 4
YorkshireBanker - 4

gcreptile - 4

Sir Creep - 4

Wormfarmer - 4

Philip - 3

Torva Messor - 3

The Old Crem - 3

Great Uncle Bulgaria - 3

DeathByArsenic - 0
Skinny kiltrunner - 0

Yvonne - 0

YoungWillz - 0

Bibliogryphon - 0

• Thanks 1

Wally Westlake on Wormfarmer’s team died with no QO

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Banana said:

Wally Westlake

I've seen all his cartoons. Legend.

14 hours ago, Banana said:

Wally Westlake on Wormfarmer’s team died with no QO

Torva Messor as well.

Fernando ricksen dead. Thats another Hit for me.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Philip said:

Thats another Hit for me.

And nearly everyone else.

• Like 1

Updated for Jimmy Spicer (No obit), Jose Jose, and Suzanne Whang.  Who am I missing?  Oh Ricksen…  and Kornel…. let me get them and should be  up to date.

12 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Updated for Jimmy Spicer (No obit), Jose Jose, and Suzanne Whang.  Who am I missing?  Oh Ricksen…  and Kornel…. let me get them and should be  up to date.

Spicer has a NYT obit, which counts for here.

3 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Spicer has a NYT obit, which counts for here.

Cool, hadn't seen it.  I'm thinking Bat McGrath (a New Yorker) will get one too but wait and see.