Sir Creep

ABC Deadpool III

Apologies to Sean for not seeing the Tony Britton solo hit!  Scoring 1 for the T hit, but +3 for being solo.

Scoreboard - 25 Jan 2020

JiroemonKimura - 36

Banana - 32
RadGuy - 28
Joey Russ - 28
Death Impends - 28
theoldlady - 27
Clorox Bleachman - 27
CaptainChorizo - 27
msc - 24
Sir Creep - 23

Book - 23

Skinny kiltrunner - 20
Toast - 19

Sean - 18
gcreptile - 18
YorkshireBanker - 16

Philip - 14

Etushispushingupdasies - 14
Wormfarmer - 13

The Old Crem - 12

Torva Messor - 10

Great Uncle Bulgaria - 8

YoungWillz - 7

Yvonne - 5

Bibliogryphon - 5

DeathByArsenic - 3

Just as Chris Doleman (American football HOFer) was a leader on the field, the people leading the way in the ABC deadpool this year just about all scored, creating even more separation between the haves and have nots.  But just like Chris Doleman's 15-year playing career, we have a LONG way to go.
As you see, 7 teams had Doleman, all but Joey got a 'D' hit with his surname; Joey a 'C' hit.  As we are seeing, success in the ABC DP is not totally about alliteration, it's about having your people die - and obit.  4 points here, 3 points there.  x26.
JiroemonKimura is first to crack 40 points and extends their lead.  Keep an eye on RadGuy, the 2019 Champ!  He's a sneaky wee one, started out slowly and picking up steam.  gcreptile actually leapt over the most teams (4) with his hit.

[EDIT: Rather than a whole scoreboard glorifying your host's name lol, suffice we just drop Angie Douthit's overlooked points here.  Sir Creep gets a solo 'D' hit for the reality TV mum, scoring 7 total.  Yay!  Like gcreptile, he leaps over five teams.  If only he didn't have 5 'No Obits' :unsure:]

Scoreboard - 29 Jan 2020

JiroemonKimura - 40

Banana - 32
RadGuy - 32
Joey Russ - 31
Death Impends - 32

CaptainChorizo - 31
Sir Creep - 30
msc - 28

theoldlady - 27
Clorox Bleachman - 27

Book - 23

gcreptile - 22
Skinny kiltrunner - 20
Toast - 19

Sean - 18
YorkshireBanker - 16

Philip - 14

Wormfarmer - 13

The Old Crem - 12

Torva Messor - 10

Great Uncle Bulgaria - 8

YoungWillz - 7

Yvonne - 5

Bibliogryphon - 5

DeathByArsenic - 3

Well, both Chris Doleman and Chris Duncan came with the initials CD tbf, so you can see why it’s how it is. ^_^

• Like 1

I just noticed I missed Angie Douthit.... and she's MINE ugh... lol.
Just like a Creep....Mama Creep always went without to make sure the Creep children didn't.  So it has been passed down.

(EDIT: Apparently ONLY mine.  A solo!  No wonder no one else reminding me lmao).  Sorted.

One of the most popular D40 pick across all DPs was John Andretti.  To whom we give a Cheer-i-o!  (wee NASCAR joke there) :ninja:

As has been the trend, the teams at the top get toppier (it's a word now), and the rest topless.  
Most teams had the 'A' team hit for surname plus 1939 bonus, a couple, including our leader, took the 'J' point and bonus.

Scoreboard - 29 Jan 2020

JiroemonKimura - 43

RadGuy - 36
Joey Russ - 35
CaptainChorizo - 35

Banana - 32
Death Impends - 32
Clorox Bleachman - 31
Sir Creep - 30
msc - 28

Book - 27

theoldlady - 27

gcreptile - 22
Sean - 22
Skinny kiltrunner - 20
Toast - 19

YorkshireBanker - 16

Philip - 14

Wormfarmer - 13

The Old Crem - 12

Torva Messor - 10

Great Uncle Bulgaria - 8

YoungWillz - 7

Yvonne - 5

Bibliogryphon - 5

DeathByArsenic - 3

• Like 1

Kirk Douglas has died that will be a hit for me and Uncle Bulgaria 

• Like 1

Pearl Carr has died

Is anybody actually alive on here at the moment?

It's been nearly a MONTH since our last update, but in that time it appears only three people died: Willie Wood, Kirk Douglas, and Pearl Carr.  As always, feel free to smack Sir Creep upside the head if he missed someone.

Perseverance pays off for Sir Creep, who has championed Willie Wood -- NFL great and Super Bowl I hero -- for the past three years, particularly in his home DP (lol).  And look!....a QO!...[for our purposes (sadly, I don't think he got a DDP QO and that's a shame; boo to their QO sources)].  https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2020-02-03/willie-wood-dies-usc-packers-football-hall-of-fame-color-barrier

SirC scores a full 3 points for the alliteration, and 3 more for a Solo hit!  He now sits tied for 2nd place. :o  How do you like those five NO-QOs now?

Toast also had a fine solo hit with Pearl Carr, who along with husband Teddy Johnson entertained the UK for decades after their 1959 Eurovision appearance.  Hmmm.... I mean Pearl's husband was Teddy Johnson, not Toast's :referee: Well however you are supposed to say it, Toast gets 2 points for the 'C' surname and the Solo hit bonus!  Well done!

And that leaves us with the low-hanging fruit of this update, actor extraordinaire Kirk Douglas.  Three teams figured 'oh what the hell' and got to enjoy saying 'I got a hit' more than the points awarded.  Great Uncle Bulgaria and Yvonne each got 2 points for the 'D' surname, while Sean picked off a single lonely point for a 'K' hit.  But you know what?  Sean's 1 point was more than anyone who didn't score this update.  We always look for silver linings at ABC Deadpool :P

Scoreboard - 22 Feb 2020

JiroemonKimura - 43
Sir Creep - 36

RadGuy - 36
Joey Russ - 35
CaptainChorizo - 35
Banana - 32
Death Impends - 32
Clorox Bleachman - 31
msc - 28

Book - 27

theoldlady - 27

Toast - 24
Sean - 23
gcreptile - 22
Skinny kiltrunner - 20

YorkshireBanker - 16

Philip - 14

Wormfarmer - 13

The Old Crem - 12

Torva Messor - 10

Great Uncle Bulgaria - 10

YoungWillz - 7

Yvonne - 7

Bibliogryphon - 5

DeathByArsenic - 3

• Thanks 1

Cheers, I'd forgotten I had Pearl in this.

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

This Chitetsu Watanabe QO also counts as a Gustav Gerneth QO:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/breaking-worlds-oldest-living-man-21570409

I acknowledge that may be true but I hate any rule that tells me to stick my common sense where the sun doesn’t shine and accept that as a Gerneth QO.  The headline should have to be re: the deceased.  Merely being mentioned in an article is hogwash.  That story is about Watanabe, period. It isn’t a Gerneth article.

• Sad 2

I know this will probably be in vain but if you take the Watanabe obituary as counting for Gustav Gerneth then whilst it will be no consolation for those that picked him in the calendar based polls but it would do me a massive favour here.

• Like 1

Despite personal angst, rules are that Gustav Gerneth has indeed achieved a QO for DDP, and thus here.  The world's oldest man was low hanging fruit for five teams, who patiently waited for this day, seeing as he died a month ago.  Of the five, most notable is Sir Creep's edging toward the top spot.  The G-G alliteration nets each team 3 total points.
Another one of the five was Torva Messor, who also had a super solo hit with Russia's Dmitry Yazov.  Three points for the Y surname, 3 more for the Solo.  Torva Messor picks up 9 total points, nearly doubling their score, and moving 7 spots up in the standings!
Speaking of scores, I thought I made an error on gcreptile's, but in fact I hadn't.  However it inspired me to check all the scoring to date, and though no one was fortunate enough to gain any points, Skinny kiltrunner and Banana each lost a point due to earlier generosity.  But all the scores should be correct now, at our halfway point.

Scoreboard - 1 March 2020

JiroemonKimura - 43
Sir Creep - 39

RadGuy - 36
Joey Russ - 35
CaptainChorizo - 35
Banana - 33
Death Impends - 32
Clorox Bleachman - 31
msc - 28

Book - 27

theoldlady - 27
gcreptile - 25

Toast - 24
Sean - 23
Skinny kiltrunner - 19
Torva Messor - 19

YorkshireBanker - 16

Philip - 14

Wormfarmer - 13
Great Uncle Bulgaria - 13

The Old Crem - 12

Bibliogryphon - 8

YoungWillz - 7

Yvonne - 7

DeathByArsenic - 3

• Thanks 1

Katherine Johnson has died which should be a score for Book

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yvonne said:

Katherine Johnson has died which should be a score for Book

+ YorkshireBanker

• Thanks 1

I saw the thread was lit up, thought it was for Javier Perez de Cuellar -- who despite his age (100) and literally being on DL wasn't chosen by anyone!
However, a person who WAS chosen was NASA mathematician Katherine Johnson, who was a hit for Book ('J' surname for 3 points) and YorkshireBanker ('K' for 2 points), who each got a Duo bonus.  Well done!

And a stunning update: Jockey Randy Romero may not have received a QO (to date), but he has had a racing trophy named after him.  

Scoreboard - 5 March 2020

JiroemonKimura - 43
Sir Creep - 39

RadGuy - 36
Joey Russ - 35
CaptainChorizo - 35
Banana - 33
Death Impends - 32
Clorox Bleachman - 31
Book - 30
msc - 28

theoldlady - 27
gcreptile - 25

Toast - 24
Sean - 23
Skinny kiltrunner - 19
Torva Messor - 19

YorkshireBanker - 18

Philip - 14

Wormfarmer - 13

The Old Crem - 12

Bibliogryphon - 8

YoungWillz - 7

Yvonne - 7

DeathByArsenic - 3

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

And a stunning update: Jockey Randy Romero may not have received a QO (to date), but he has had a racing trophy named after him. 

I would prefer an obituary! <_<

2+solo for Anton Coppola.

tumblr_lw6sa19Zha1qdm7h9o1_400.jpg

• Like 1

"I love the smell of the letter A in the morning.  It smells like...... victory!"
Torva Messor quoted Anton Coppola's nephew Francis Ford Coppola after getting a solo hit with aged composer. 
Two points for a vowel first name, three more for the solo.  Torva Messor is now not just 'in the middle of the pack', they (along with Toast) ARE the middle of the pack, with 12 teams above and 12 teams below their 24 total points.

Scoreboard - 10 March 2020

JiroemonKimura - 43
Sir Creep - 39

RadGuy - 36
Joey Russ - 35
CaptainChorizo - 35
Banana - 33
Death Impends - 32
Clorox Bleachman - 31
Book - 30
msc - 28

theoldlady - 27
gcreptile - 25

Toast - 24
Torva Messor - 24
Sean - 23
Skinny kiltrunner - 19

YorkshireBanker - 18

Philip - 14

Wormfarmer - 13

The Old Crem - 12

Bibliogryphon - 8

YoungWillz - 7

Yvonne - 7

DeathByArsenic - 3

@Sir Creep many of us have Genesis P-Orridge is a hit for many of us here. Thank you.

Also Thuy Thanh Truong passed in January - if that is the correct person? 

12 hours ago, theoldlady said:

@Sir Creep many of us have Genesis P-Orridge is a hit for many of us here. Thank you.

Also Thuy Thanh Truong passed in January - if that is the correct person? 

oh I know.  I almost broke down in tears when (s)he died, knowing the hours of work presenting me here.

Truong is noted as no QO.  

• Haha 1