Sign in to follow this  
Deathray

50 Years of Judas Priest

Judas Priest have announced their 50th anniversary tour next year, despite their first album being released in 2019. I let the mathematicians here point out the problem with that.

However bands that have lasted 50 years tend to have a few members. Some of whom, given the rock and roll lifestyles are creeping into our territory now.

18 studio albums over those years.

Have bolded the ones I can't find much info for:

Al Atkins (b. 1947)

John Perry (b. 1951/1952 d. 1970)

Bruno Stapenhill (b. 1949)

John Partridge 

Ernie Chataway (b 1952 d. 2014)

K.K Downing (b. 1951)

Ian Hill (b. 1952)

John Hill 

Alan Moore (b. 1950)

Chris "Congo" Campbell (b. 1952)

Rob Halford (b. 1951)

John Hinch (b. 1947)

Glenn Tipton (b. 1947) 

Simon Philips (b. 1957)

Les Binks (b. 1951)

Dave Holland (b. 1948 d. 2018)

Scott Travis (b. 1961)

Tim "Ripper" Owens (b. 1967)

Richie Faulkner (b. 1980)

Andy Sneap (b. 1969)

You created this thread in case the music swap one doesn't pan out?
BTW your date is messed up in the OP.

IN BEFORE THREAD LOCKED.
SC

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

You created this thread in case the music swap one doesn't pan out?
BTW your date is messed up in the OP.

IN BEFORE THREAD LOCKED.
SC

Nope I created this thread because they're one of the original metal bands and they have enough members to warrant their own thread. Any member of Judas Priest dying would be an instant QO in the UK.  If we're allowed threads for university professors of all bloody people a rock band with 18 studio albums and 50 million album sales worldwide are deserving. 

• Glen Tipton has Parkinson's and is 72 as a starting point for why this thread is worth having. 
  • Dave Holland spent eight years inside for raping a 17 year old with learning disabilities. Birds of a feather could mean other members are in danger of similar allegations, although it very much seems the window for that is passed*. (Note he maintained his innocence until his death and quite a few of his fans do to).
  • John Perry committed suicide before the band had even released the first album.

There's enough of them now entering the rocker danger years of the 60s and 70s to have a serious thread regarding them, dedicated to them themselves.

*Also that brings up an odd quirk. Most people in the metal world will happily stick on any Judas Priest album with Dave's drumming on it, but we all burned our Lostprophet's CDs. Must be about actually hearing the voice of the person having a greater psychological impact (although of course Watkins crimes were 100x worse which probably has something to do with it as well). 

Priest have maintained their support slot for the re-scheduled "final" Ozzy tour - I'm expecting to spot the fact they're in conspiciously better shape than him when I turn up to see them next February. Granted, Tipton is the obvious q/o in waiting and he's long past being able to turn up on stage and shred at Priest pace.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Priest have maintained their support slot for the re-scheduled "final" Ozzy tour - I'm expecting to spot the fact they're in conspiciously better shape than him when I turn up to see them next February. Granted, Tipton is the obvious q/o in waiting and he's long past being able to turn up on stage and shred at Priest pace.

The fact Ozzy is still touring is remarkable in itself.

I'd love to believe the farewell tour hype but he announced his first farewell tour in 1992 - before I graced the planet with my presence. Boy who cried wolf and that.

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

Good luck with that.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Deathray said:

The fact Ozzy is still touring is remarkable in itself.

I'd love to believe the farewell tour hype but he announced his first farewell tour in 1992 - before I graced the planet with my presence. Boy who cried wolf and that.

A fair point, it'd likely be more appropriate if he booked Leah Bracknell as support!

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

A fair point, it'd likely be more appropriate if he booked Leah Bracknell as support!

Or O N-J.

• Haha 1

On 06/08/2019 at 10:17, Toast said:

Or O N-J.

Or Johnny Cle-- nevermind...

On 05/08/2019 at 16:14, Deathray said:

Judas Priest have announced their 50th anniversary tour next year, despite their first album being released in 2019. I let the mathematicians here point out the problem with that.

However bands that have lasted 50 years tend to have a few members. Some of whom, given the rock and roll lifestyles are creeping into our territory now.

18 studio albums over those years.

Have bolded the ones I can't find much info for:

Al Atkins (b. 1947)

John Perry (b. 1951/1952 d. 1970)

Bruno Stapenhill (b. 1949)

John Partridge 

Ernie Chataway (b 1952 d. 2014)

K.K Downing (b. 1951)

Ian Hill (b. 1952)

John Hill 

Alan Moore (b. 1950)

Chris "Congo" Campbell (b. 1952)

Rob Halford (b. 1951)

John Hinch (b. 1947)

Glenn Tipton (b. 1947) 

Simon Philips (b. 1957)

Les Binks (b. 1951)

Dave Holland (b. 1948 d. 2018)

Scott Travis (b. 1961)

Tim "Ripper" Owens (b. 1967)

Andy Sneap (b. 1969)

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://loudwire.com/john-hinch-judas-priest-dead-73/&ved=2ahUKEwij-crw86TwAhUPSa0KHe0lAG4QFjALegQIIxAC&usg=AOvVaw0Pd3_v67HAAo4Z5rX8JtAF John Hinch, 72 inches under now.

• Like 1

On 06/08/2019 at 00:14, Deathray said:

https://www.loudersound.com/news/judas-priest-postpone-us-tour-richie-faulkner-hospitalised-with-heart-problems

Richie Faulkner hospitalised with "major medical heart condition issues" 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, arghton said:

https://www.loudersound.com/news/judas-priest-postpone-us-tour-richie-faulkner-hospitalised-with-heart-problems

Richie Faulkner hospitalised with "major medical heart condition issues" 

Ah, simultaneous posting. I didn't know they had a thread though.

Rob Halford had a cancer diagnosis, although he’s currently in remission

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1