gcreptile

Van Halen

According to a tabloid story today Eddie Blames putting metal plectrums in his mouth for his current issues.

Missing a trick there IMHO - Michael Douglas blamed a similar problem on his sex addiction and the number of different companions on whom he'd gone down!

3 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

According to a tabloid story today Eddie Blames putting metal plectrums in his mouth for his current issues.

Missing a trick there IMHO - Michael Douglas blamed a similar problem on his sex addiction and the number of different companions on whom he'd gone down!

Yup, also remember Bruce Dickinson blaming is tongue - (or throat was it?) - cancer on his sexual activity.

3 hours ago, FixedBusiness said:

Yup, also remember Bruce Dickinson blaming is tongue - (or throat was it?) - cancer on his sexual activity.

So, there is something in it?!!! Cacking myself now, off to camp outside of the clinic for the night!

• Haha 1

Apparently these are 2 recent photos of Eddie Van Halen. Hm...

EGyiHDLX4AAn5zL.jpg

EGyiHDMWwAAdPy0.jpg

Looks pretty good in this photo tbh: 

Certainly at the very least it sounds like he’s not doing as well as he says he is...

13 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Certainly at the very least it sounds like he’s not doing as well as he says he is...

Yeah, but he's well enough to buy a car!

David Lee Roth kicked off his Las Vegas residency on Wednesday night, and in a pre-show interview with the Las Vegas Review-Journal, the singer reported that his Van Halen bandmate Eddie Van Halen is “not doing well.”

When talking about his decision to book a Vegas residency while Van Halen’s status remains uncertain, Roth said, “Ed’s not doing well, and singing and dancing is a perishable skill. If you have the capacity, it’s something that has to be used routinely, if not for the thrill of it and the magic of creating with other incandescent spirits.”

https://consequenceofsound.net/2020/01/david-lee-roth-eddie-van-halen-not-doing-well/?fbclid=IwAR3f2AZnzVeTOxD3US58BlDc0ed54JeD5cpA0_mEbQCeRv2cYGu2AaqJ-PY

2 hours ago, ObakeFilter said:

avid Lee Roth kicked off his Las Vegas residency on Wednesday night, and in a pre-show interview with the Las Vegas Review-Journal, the singer reported that his Van Halen bandmate Eddie Van Halen is “not doing well.”

When talking about his decision to book a Vegas residency while Van Halen’s status remains uncertain, Roth said, “Ed’s not doing well, and singing and dancing is a perishable skill. If you have the capacity, it’s something that has to be used routinely, if not for the thrill of it and the magic of creating with other incandescent spirits.”

https://consequenceofsound.net/2020/01/david-lee-roth-eddie-van-halen-not-doing-well/?fbclid=IwAR3f2AZnzVeTOxD3US58BlDc0ed54JeD5cpA0_mEbQCeRv2cYGu2AaqJ-PY

Yeah, I've moved him way up on my Music list, now sandwiched between David Crosby and Loretta Lynn.  

Eddie Van Halen hospitalized. Think I underestimated his situation.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, drol said:

Eddie Van Halen hospitalized. Think I underestimated his situation.

I couldn’t believe he didn’t make the main list

There's a confusing number of photos in that article.

Mind, it doesn't take much to confuse me.

• Like 1

Aahhh... a risky pick it seemed, late last year. But the silence was ominous.

Well, QO is needed, he's my second hit on my TOTP theme team - I think that's the first time I've had two hits on that team in a single year! https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8812065/Rock-star-Eddie-Van-Halen-dies-age-65-long-battle-throat-cancer.html

Anyway, they reached #7 in 1984 with Jump.

5 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Anyway, they reached #7 in 1984 with Jump.

Number 1 here in the US for 5 weeks.

RIP. :(

• Like 1

I honestly had no idea he had cancer.