gcreptile

Van Halen

Friend of mine is in a VH tribute band.  His wife just put it on her FB page. 

Never liked them.

Yeah, RIP and so on, but Jump is one of the worst songs of the 80s, not to forget.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

Just now, Book said:

Yeah, RIP and so on, but Jump is one of the worst songs of the 80s, not to forget.

I could do a list of worse songs...but it would take forever.

Right for the time imo! :P

Just now, Book said:

I preferred Why Can’t This Be Love after David Lee Roth left.  Nothing is worse than Def Leppard though. 

#21 for me.

Firmly with Book and Lord Fellatio Nelson on this one. Never liked them. Thought their songs lack any depth and are just a bit "meh".

Don't know anyone in person who's a fan and their popularity has always surprised me given that there are 1000s of better bands that never made it in the same way.

Weirdly Van Halen is the only glam metal music I could really stand. 
Eddie was definitely a talented guitarist. RIP

The death of a true musical legend.I cried over many years listening to his music.I am crying more than ever tonight. R.I.P you genius. 

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 2

Rest In Peace Eddie Van Halen.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

The death of a true musical legend.I cried over many years listening to his music.I am crying more than ever tonight. R.I.P you genius. 

You cry a lot; on a quick search, you cried at Van Halen here, and also Doris Day, Caroline Flack, Tessa Jowell, Leslie Grantham off of finger sucking, Erick Morillo off of "I Like To Move It Move It"...

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

You cry a lot; on a quick search, you cried at Van Halen here, and also Doris Day, Caroline Flack, Tessa Jowell, Leslie Grantham off of finger sucking, Erick Morillo off of "I Like To Move It Move It"...

I am a very emotional person.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Why don't you fuck off into your tardis and cry for him yesterday.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Thought he was dead already. Oh well, cancer sucks. 

• Confused 1

He's generally placed in the top 20 of lead guitarists, however I'd argue that Dave Lee Roth is more of a symbol of Van Halen the group that Eddie was, with his very distinctive voice.

Jump.jpg.d4ecea941028e0f086e6f0f993d65907.jpg

• Like 1

Not my favourite band but yeah, I agree with Lardy, they were way better than Def Leppard. We all have that one friend who plays shitty music and they always have Def Leppard on their playlist. RIP

Once in a while a celebrity dies, and it really hurts like a punch in the gut. First time I heard Eruption my mind was blown. He was the heart of the band, though Michael Anthony also had a mean bass. Another piece of my youth gone. Sad day.

21 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

Why don't you fuck off into your tardis and cry for him yesterday.  

Post of the year!!!!:lol:

They interviewed Gene Simmons on GMTV this morning, I mean, the fella looked like somebody had shot his dog and fucked his wife.

I never much liked the American 'Glam Rock' type bands, big hair, big teeth and music that was a bit, well, shallow.

Looking at the groups releases in the UK, they were not THAT popular here, maybe the odd album and a couple of singles did reasonably well but they didn't set the UK alight, did they.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

They interviewed Gene Simmons on GMTV this morning, I mean, the fella looked like somebody had shot his dog and fucked his wife.

I never much liked the American 'Glam Rock' type bands, big hair, big teeth and music that was a bit, well, shallow.

Looking at the groups releases in the UK, they were not THAT popular here, maybe the odd album and a couple of singles did reasonably well but they didn't set the UK alight, did they.

Hmmm. Simmons will likely be around for a while yet though. He's always shunned the rock n roll lifestyle and openly criticised it. Clean living. He is 71 though so worth keeping an eye on.

• Like 1

On 06/10/2020 at 21:13, Book said:

Just trotting through 1989 for my research for my theme team - yeah, waaay ahead of the game.

Anyway, just for example, this reached #5 in the UK charts - jaunty, but wtf?!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHKuvWh4Dm8

14 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Just trotting through 1989 for my research for my theme team - yeah, waaay ahead of the game.

Anyway, just for example, this reached #5 in the UK charts - jaunty, but wtf?!!!

Terrible, awful, woeful, still superior to fucking Jive Bunny.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Sorry, not as bad as Jump :D

Tbh I liked Edelweiß at that time :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1