Sean

50/50 Reboot

A remake of the old one which died out as rounds kept being triggered and it was just very messy and had no clear end date.I have a way of fixing it though by amending the objective and setting a clear finishing line.

-Pick 50 names of famous people born in the 1950s.

-First person who has a full 50 dead names wins.

-Picks must have either a national or international BBC news article.The picks death must be the subject of the article not just mentioned within an article.To put it more simply no local regional BBC articles.

-If a pick does not get the QO they can be replaced 6 months after they have been deceased

-All entries must be PM'd to me or placed on this thread by 23:59 on Sunday 6th October 2019.The game will start at 00:00 Monday 7th October 2019 until we have a winner.

-Once an entry has been submitted there can be no ammendments.

Good Luck

• Like 3

Please submit up to five substitutes also.

• Like 1

That's a nice one. I will send something.

BBC international...does that mean foreign language BBC sites like BBC India?

Just now, gcreptile said:

That's a nice one. I will send something.

BBC international...does that mean foreign language BBC sites like BBC India?

Yes they count.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So the BBC is the only accepted obit source? :huh:

Yes.Purely for the fact that it will encourage people not to pick obscure picks.I wanted to encourage household names as opposed to the sibling and parents of Z list celebrities.

• Like 3

Although the BBC has become more low brow of late.

• Sad 1

I have PMed my list to you. Thanks for doing this. :)

• Like 1

I have PM'd my list and then sent a second message with five subs in because I am clearly incapable of following simple instructions

• Like 1

I'm confused.

You have to list 50 (and only 50) people with a maximum age of 69 (edit and obviously a minimum of 59), all famous enough to get a BBC obit and every single one of them must die before this is complete?

I know I'm not  much on research but that seems an extremely tall order.

Clearly I'm missing something obvious.

24 minutes ago, En Passant said:

I'm confused.

You have to list 50 (and only 50) people with a maximum age of 69 (edit and obviously a minimum of 59), all famous enough to get a BBC obit and every single one of them must die before this is complete?

I know I'm not  much on research but that seems an extremely tall order.

Clearly I'm missing something obvious.

Yes, considering one of the reasons given for abandoning the earlier game was "it had no clear end date", and given the very narrow obit requirement, 50 seems far too many. 

I realise it is intended to match the other pools (30 born in 1930s, 40 born in 1940s) but it's unrealistic to require more deaths when the picks are going to be increasingly younger.  What next, 60 born in the 60s?  70 born in the 70s?  See what I mean?

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Toast said:

Yes, considering one of the reasons given for abandoning the earlier game was "it had no clear end date", and given the very narrow obit requirement, 50 seems far too many. 

I realise it is intended to match the other pools (30 born in 1930s, 40 born in 1940s) but it's unrealistic to require more deaths when the picks are going to be increasingly younger.  What next, 60 born in the 60s?  70 born in the 70s?  See what I mean?

I'll organise the Noughties game. 0/00

Lists required of zero people born in the noughties. Probably need to come up with a tiebreaker.  

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

I'll organise the Noughties game. 0/00

Lists required of zero people born in the noughties. Probably need to come up with a tiebreaker.  

That will be a knockout tournament. Everyone picks 100 people born in the noughties and as soon as anyone on your list dies you are eliminated

5 hours ago, Toast said:

If there is a 60/60 and 70/70 game it won't be me overseeing it.This is my last Deadpool in all likelihood.Certainly for a few years.

It will last a few years  at least but a fair few pools on here have lasted a fair few years 

3 entries in so far.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sean said:

3 entries in so far.

Shocking

On 30/09/2019 at 11:50, Bibliogryphon said:

I have PM'd my list and then sent a second message with five subs in because I am clearly incapable of following simple instructions

I have done exactly the same, for the same reason. After reading this post, as well. Doh.

• Like 2

We are up to 5 entries now.

Lol half you people will predecease the game’s end.

• Like 1

The previous version of this went so weird and forgotten for long periods that no one - including me - noticed I'd predicted Bill Paxtons imminent demise in 2016.

I really need to pay more attention to my public prognostications when it comes to putting together teams... as it is, they just produce unique hits for Gooseberry Crumble!

35 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Lol half you people will predecease the game’s end.

Maybe that's why it's called 50/50?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I am going to enter but I can't see anyone winning till 2030 or even 2040 onwards what with a high fame threshold meaning every list will surely be made up of some people with fair chances of making 90+.

Okay, I sent something. 

Good luck everyone, see you in 10 years!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

I am going to enter but I can't see anyone winning till 2030 or even 2040 onwards what with a high fame threshold meaning every list will surely be made up of some people with fair chances of making 90+.

Oh crap! I will be 75 in 2030 and 85 in 2040. :old:

1 minute ago, theoldlady said:

Oh crap! I will be 75 in 2030 and 85 in 2040. :old:

Or, to take Sir Creep's point, dead.:rip:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1