Joey Russ

The 5th Crowdsource Deathlist (2020 edition)

Bloody hell. Not only are we heading to that time of year again, but we are also on our 5th year of doing this list. :o Time really does fly by fast. Anyways, welcome again to the Crowdsource List, which our goal is to try to outdo our friends on the deathlist committee. A total of 14 hits as of now. Will 2020 do better than 2019? Time will tell. Anyways, let's go onto the rules...

THE RULES

Rules

1. Please send a list of celebrities you wish to vote for to Joey Russ, during the time period of 22nd November to the 31st December 2019. The list must have a minimum of 20 names on it, and a maximum of 50.

Please send them by either PM or the Shadow List thread, not by email, semaphore, Morse code, Deathlist live chat, animated corpses, text messages, or any other means of communication you can think of. And you may only submit via 1 of those two methods above, NOT BOTH METHODS! 

2. Your 1st choice will gain 50 points, 2nd 49, etc etc to 50th which will gain 1 point.

3. When the deadline passes, all of the points that an individual celebrity gain will be added together, and the top fifty celebrities with the most points overall will go on the Utterly Unofficial Forum List.

4. Feel free to add substitutes at the bottom of the list, which will only be counted if one of your fifty die before January 1st 2020. If for example your number one pick is such a smart one they die before January 1st, then I will give 50 points to your 2nd pick, and so on until 1 point is given to the first substitute.

5. Do try to make the picks as "Deathlisty" as possible. More Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and less Dewayne "Monsanto Man" Johnson, if you know what I mean. Someone likely to score an obit with one of the major English language news outlets.

6. The deadline for sending in entries is 31st December 2019 at 9 pm GMT. That's 4pm New York Time (31st December) and 8am (1st Jan) Melbourne time to help out non-Brits. This earlier dead line is so there's enough time to complete the list before the new year as well as enjoying some extra time off as well.

7. This is essentially a forum game without a winner. It does however put the long held notion by some that the combined minds of the forum know better than the Committee to the test.

8. Who picked whom will remain anonymous. Unless the person announces it of course.

9. The paranoid probably shouldn't send in their DDP unique hopefuls. Whilst I do not intend to steal them away, it would make no sense: if the person then showed up on the list, their chances of being unique would be very slim indeed!

10. To keep to the Deathlist spirit, only the top 25 ranked celebrites from the current list of Crowdsourced Deathlist 2019 survivors will be used: Kirk Douglas, Jean Louis-Trintignant, Vera Lynn, Nobby Stiles, Clive James, Olivia Newton-John, Olivia de Havilland, Prince Philip, Dilip Kumar, Bob Dole, Pope Benedict, Bob Barker, George Alagiah, Leslie Phillips, Jimmy Carter, Glynis Johns, Stirling Moss, Jill Gascoine, Sidney Poitier, Javier Perez de Cuellar, Mikhail Gorbachev, Violet Chamorro, Bill Turnbull, Terry Jones, Lee Kerslake, Loretta Lynn, John Hume, Roberta McCain, Gina Lollabrigida, Betty White, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, John Andretti, Rosalynn Carter, Pierre Cardin, Sheila Mercier, Beverly Cleary

Some names there I don’t think anyone expected to be in contention for 2020, but there’s still time in 2019 yet.

10a) Our actual collated list will stick to the "25 from the previous year" rule.

10b) As a result, if our top fifty, after all votes have been counted, has more than twenty-five of the 2019 survivors (named for ease in Rule 10), then the lowest ranked excess survivors will be axed from the list in favour of The Fifty-First ranked celebrity and so on...

10c) Since we don't know if that'll be an issue until I actually do the counting, voters don't need to worry about limiting their personal lists to 25 survivors. It'd be nice if they did, but that's life.

11) Please pick living people. Folk do die before 1st January, but there were a few cases of people dead for a number of years chosen last time. Please do not pick animals, or ISIS prisoners, or kids, or any of the usual no go areas.

Anyhow, enjoy. Or not.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1. :skull: Kirk Douglas 1128 (5th, 1st)

2. :skull: Alex Trebek 1043 (NEW)

3. Prince Philip 1028 (5th, 12th)

4. :skull: Vera Lynn 931 (5th, 6th)

5. Jimmy Carter 832 (5th, 21st)

6. Bob Dole 780 (4th, 15th)

7. :skull: Genesis P-orridge 742 (NEW)

8. :skull: Nobby Stiles 723 (4th, 7th)

9. :skull: Olivia de Havilland 717 (5th, 11th)

10. Mikhail Gorbachev 674 (5th, 28th)

11. :skull: Ruth Bader Ginsburg 583 (2nd, 44th)

12. :skull: Javier Perez de Cuellar 573 (2nd, 27th)

13. :skull: Daniel Arap Moi 561 (NEW)

14. George Alagiah 545 (2nd, 19th)

15. David Gulpilil 545 (NEW)

16. Jean Louis Trintignant 533 (2nd, 4th)

17. :skull: Stirling Moss 503 (2nd, 23rd)

18. Beverly Cleary 484 (3rd, 50th)

19. Betty White 466 (2nd, 42nd)

20. :skull: Terry Jones 465 (2nd, 31st)

21. :skull: Lee Kerslake 454 (2nd, 33rd)

22. Henry Kissinger 434 (NEW)

23. Leslie Phillips 432 (5th, 20th)

24. Bob Barker 423 (2nd, 18th)

25. Glynis Johns 423 (4th, 22nd)

26. :skull: Roberta McCain 423 (2nd, 40th)

27. Larry King 420 (NEW)

28. Rosalynn Carter 418 (2nd, 47th)

29. Sidney Poitier 412 (4th, 26th)

30. Pope Benedict 409 (5th, 17th)

31. Dilip Kumar 402 (3rd, 13th)

32. Tom Smith 393 (NEW)

33. :skull: Sumner Redstone 389 (3rd, -)

34. Willie Nelson 388 (NEW)

35. :skull: Roger Scruton 384 (NEW)

36. :skull: Little Richard 359 (NEW)

37. Harry Reid 333 (NEW) 

38. :skull: Everton Weekes 321 (NEW)

39. :skull: John Lewis 314 (NEW)

40. Lata Mangeshkar 309 (NEW)

41. Joanne Woodward 297 (3rd, -)

42. Jimmy Greaves 287 (NEW)

43. :skull: Qaboos bin Said al Said 285 (NEW)

44. Prunella Scales 280 (2nd, -)

45. Eva Marie Saint 278 (NEW)

46. Clarissa Eden 257 (NEW)

47. :skull: Nicholas Parsons 255 (NEW)

48. :skull: Frankie Banali 244 (NEW)

49. Desmond Tutu 241 (3rd, -)

50. :skull: Rhonda Fleming 235 (NEW)

If anyone wants to try push someone onto the list 2020, now is the time. Like last year, I will be staying out of promoting people for the list...

CSDL Form Guide #1 - Sumner Redstone

ZAUTItx.jpg

A forum darling a few years back, the doddery mogul has lingered on so long that the rise of other immortals - think Bollywood superstars, orange-clad gurus, cigar-puffing vets, and Vietnamese generals - saw him fall by the wayside. But he's outlasted three of those four since - we're overdue for Sumner to grunt back into the hearts of the DL community

• Like 3

Form Guide #2 - Dilip Kumar

image.jpeg.2dec5898d23dfff71eac98e91338d5dd.jpeg

The one still living out of the four mentioned above, the only remaining competitor of Sumner Redstone in the bedblocker-off.

We haven't heard much from this Bollywood legend lately - will we ever again?

• Like 1

Form Guide #3 -Genesis P-Orridge 

Will Throbbing Gristle Avant Garde pandrogenous star be reunited with his "twin "and soulmate Lady Jaye Breyer this yuletide?

download (1).jpeg

• Like 1

Form Guide #4 Pat Smullen

Award winning Irish jockey Pat Smullen has raced for the last time but will this December mark his final lap of all?

pat-smullen-7-390x285.jpg

• Like 1

Did you mean to post those two names in the advent avalanche? Asking cause of the December quips in their entries. Hehe

They sent him to cover a fucking hurricane last year. The BBC are trying to kill him.

Would be a massive miss if he didn't feature.

It's Thomas Schaffernaker of course.

7dQF4dA7.jpg

• Thanks 1

Form Guide #5 - Alex Trebek

Image result for alex Trebek

Will this legendary game show host resign from hosting Jeopardy by the years end?

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, The Unknown Man said:

Form Guide #5 - Alex Trebek

Image result for alex Trebek

Will this legendary game show host resign from hosting Jeopardy by the years end?

I'll take " When will he cark it?" for 500, Alex.

• Like 2

Form Guide #6- David Gulpilil

image.png.0b1df49c196ce499ddf232616b12a20b.png

One of Australia's most talented actor's has Terminal Lung Cancer. Very unlikely to see 2020 out,in fact he might not even make it to January.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

May I recommend 96 year old hollywood legend and major beauty from the golden era Rhonda Fleming?

idk she looks pretty healthy in that photo to me

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Banana said:

idk she looks pretty healthy in that photo to me

Not a recent picture !:D There are no recent pictures which is part of the reason I choose her as she used to be a semi regular at film events for old Hollywood fans etc until around 5 years ago.

Surely that amount of boobage didn't require three straps.  :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

Scientist and renowned proponent of the gaia theory centenarian James Lovelock is definitely a worthy name for consideration for this list.

• Like 2

I think the lovely but sadly increasingly frail looking Duchess of Kent who turns 87 next year should be strongly considered by voters to go on next year's list. 

• Like 2

Form Guide #11- Lata Mangeshkar

image.png.4746fa2b94a2427d3117fbf05ee43c16.png

The Iconic Bollywood Playback singer is 90 and was recently hospitalized and sent to ICU with breathing problems.

• Like 1

Just to clear up any potential confusion, I will start accepting entries as soon as it turns to midnight in the UK to turn from the 22nd to the 23rd. Meaning that around 7 pm Eastern Time in the US you’re good to send in your list if you want to then. Or you can wait till December 30th, I’m fine either way tbh...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Right, I believe that it’s midnight in the UK. Which means I’m going to start accepting lists right about... now!

Form Guide #12- Gudrun Ure

Image result for gudrun ure

Super Gran is long overdue for her debut on the Crowdsource List.At her age any year could be the last

• Like 1

Right, that's four lists in as of now, and it's already turning out to be a fascinating race...

• Like 1