Sign in to follow this  
Sir Creep

Daylight Savings Deadpool

So today is Daylight Savings Time in the USA (95% of it), and we all fall back an hour.
Let's celebrate this ridiculous patronage to the cycle of the sun-and-moon with a quick and dirty deadpool!

For this year, DST:
Begins 3 November 2019 
Ends 8 March 2020

Rules couldn't be simpler.
I want 4 names (representing the slightly more than four months of DST) that you personally have already used in any deadpool this year [PRIOR TO AUGUST 1] (including DDP or alt obits, which are off-site / also includes any SUBS you listed anywhere).  A deadpool means a deadpool, not one of our fun games like guessing which oldest world leader will die (I'm posting this now, cuz there's always someone....)

That's it. 
Winning: First to clear the board wins. Game ends on 8 March 2020 though.  So most hits wins.  
Tie-breakers:
1. Designate a Joker.  If your joker dies first in time before anyone you are tied with, you win.
2. If two or more teams somehow have miraculously had Jokers die on the same day, we will look at the 2nd person to die, first in time wins.  And so on.  If no Jokers are involved we look to first person who died, first in time wins, and so on.
3, QO:  Let's say that the name is subject to the deadpool from which you extracted it, obviously using the least restrictive should they be found in more than one.  To that end, if you would be so kind as to say the name of the DP you found the name from, save us all some time.  Much thanks.
*For example: President Jimmy Carter (Death By Numbers)

Koppish?
I see no reason to PM, seeing as there are only 24 or so hours to get this rolling.  So just post when you want.  If you PM me though, I will post for you after I make a lovely compiled list.  It being the weekend, let's give everyone till 11:59pm GMT, 3 Nov 2019.  So really launching on 4 Nov for the sake of argument.  Next year we will have our act together.

Hopefully we have a dozen or so entries. 
Sir Creep

Daylight Savings Deadpool (3 Nov 19 -to- 8 Mar 20)
  JOKER      
Banana Henry Gray (3) Angie Douthit (3) Chris Doleman (4) Nobuhiko Obayashi
Bibliogryphon Eric Carle John Andretti (5) Kirk Douglas (6) William McPherson
Book Genesis P-Orridge Anne Buydens Douglas Sam Lloyd Jean-Louis Trintignant
Boudicca Lee Kerslake Nobby Stiles Sam Lloyd Steve McDonald
Captain Chorizo David Gulpilil Susan Bayh Johan Rehbogen Rosita Quintana
Clorox Bleachman Genesis P-Orridge Angie Douthit (3) Alex Trebek Micah Bowie
Death Impends Susan Bayh Richard Zoll Genesis P-Orridge Beverly Cleary
drol Lee Kerslake Harry Reid Michael Robinson Pat Smullen
FixedBusiness Nobby Stiles Bob Dole George Alagiah Lee Kerslake
gcreptile David Gulpilil Jacci Woodcock Paul Volcker (2) Jean-Louis Trintignant
Great Uncle Bulgaria Roberta McCain Beverly Cleary Stirling Moss Jean-Louis Trintignant
JiroemonKimura Genesis P-Orridge Alcee Hastings Alex Trebek Lee Kerslake
Joey Russ Genesis P-Orridge Susan Bayh Ed Genson Clive James (1)
markb4 Alex Trebek Ruthie Tompson Roberta McCain Katherine Jackson
msc Chris Doleman (3) Dr. Bruce Reid Alex Trebek Steve Blackmore
Sean John Andretti Nobby Stiles Denis Goldberg Noel Conway
Sir Creep Angie Douthit (1) Bill Freehan Kane Tanaka William Frankland
Skinny kiltrunner Thuy Truong (QO?) Stacy Battle Sepp Blatter Dilip Kumar
theoldlady Stirling Moss Nobby Stiles Sam Lloyd Bob Dole
Toast Vera Lynn Ian Holm Alex Trebek Trevor Peacock
Torva Messor Lee Kerslake Sam Lloyd Alex Trebek Norman Lloyd

The Unknown Man     George Alagiah       Gina Loloabridgida          Alex Trebek              Javier Perez de Cuellar (7)

** Rather than dates I am simply designating order of death, so 1st (1), 2nd (2) and so on.  So we can see at quick glance who wins any tie-breaker.
Jokers will have their own separate numbering system as they trump everything else.  IOW if your Joker dies first, you own the tie-breaker against everyone. SC

• Like 2

John Andretti Joker DL Poker

Nobby Stiles DDP

Denis Goldberg DDP

Noel Conway DDP

• Like 1

David Gulpilil-joker  54321
Rosita Quintana-Liz Dawn Memorial Deadpool,54321,ABC
Johan Rehbogen-Deathlist Cup
Rudy Boesch-ddp theme team,54321,hares

Eric Carle (DDP) Joker

John Andretti (5/4/3/2/1)

Kirk Douglas (DDP)

William MacPherson DDP

David Gulpilil (joker) - 50/50

Jacci Woodcock - DDP

Henry Gray - 5/4/3/2/1

Nawaz Sharif - 5/4/3/2/1

Genesis P-orridge (joker) DDP among others

Susan Bayh DDP 

Ed Genson Windy City 

Clive James Hare’s 

Ian Holm (Hare's DP, altobits, Poker Draw, 30/30

Vera Lynn (Hare's DP, altobits, ABC) JOKER

Trevor Peacock (Hartlepool DP, Poker Draw, Hare's DP, Altobits, 30/30)

Alex Trebek (40/40)

The idea was to get people to have fun with leftovers, and I should have been more explicit re: dps.  I didn't want recent 5-4-3-2-1 picks at all, but it is what it is.  Not everyone plays that and so are at a disadvantage.  But it's ok this time.  Maybe limit it to 'Pre-July' so in line with DL Cup entries.  Anyway, just thinking out loud for next time.

Angie Douthit (*Joker) [ABC dp]

Bill Freehan (Joker's Dead dp, DDP, all of em really)
Kane Tanaka (DL Poker Tourney)
William Frankland (Joker's Dead dp)

I can change if you want...

In terms of leftovers, I would probably replace Sharif and Gray with Paul Volcker and Jean-Louis Trintignant (both DDP).

• Like 1

Anne Buydens Douglas (Hartlepool D. and others)

Genesis P-Orridge (ABC and others) Joker

Jean-Louis Trintignant (DDP and others)

Sam Lloyd (Windy City)

Susan Bayh (DDP, DBN, Windy City) JOKER

Rachel Zoll (DDP, DBN, Windy City, Poker, ABC)

Genesis P-Orridge (DBN, Windy City, Poker, ABC)

Beverly Cleary (Hare's, ABC)

Dr Bruce Reid (DDP)

Alex Trebek (ABC)

Steve Blackmore (ABC)

Chris Doleman (ABC) - JOKER

I just picked the first deadpool to come to mind, I've reused the names in a fair few including Poker and Windy pools... Hmm, should have kept Blackmore quiet as a DDP unique in retrospect...

2 hours ago, gcreptile said:

I can change if you want...

In terms of leftovers, I would probably replace Sharif and Gray with Paul Volcker and Jean-Louis Trintignant (both DDP).

If you don't mind.  You do not have to.  Like I said I should have cut it off same as Cup (July 31 I think).  My bad.  I appreciate it though.

Just a quick note @gcreptile as you see I amended 'the rules' to say prior to Aug 1.  It's not the dp being chosen, that is fine.  It's the recency I was hoping to avoid is all.  This isn't a 'research' dp, just the opposite.  Look at old teams and throw a few names you can't believe are breathing. Or putting them in order if you could do it over again (and here is where we do it over again).

49 minutes ago, msc said:

Dr Bruce Reid (DDP)

Alex Trebek (ABC)

Steve Blackmore (ABC)

Chris Doleman (ABC) - JOKER

I just picked the first deadpool to come to mind, I've reused the names in a fair few including Poker and Windy pools... Hmm, should have kept Blackmore quiet as a DDP unique in retrospect...

Marking down his name in permanent marker.... lol.
Funny thing is I intentionally made it so that we WOULDN"T have to expose present research for upcoming new year dps.  Just rebooting 2019 names you mad at for being alive still.   Give them a gentle reminder they should be dead.  But hey, you are the master of your 2020 DDP destiny alls I can say.
SC

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Marking down his name in permanent marker.... lol.
Funny thing is I intentionally made it so that we WOULDN"T have to expose present research for upcoming new year dps.  Just rebooting 2019 names you mad at for being alive still.   Give them a gentle reminder they should be dead.  But hey, you are the master of your 2020 DDP destiny alls I can say.
SC

I only picked them as its a bit late now after already mentioning them a few times. My early Christmas gift to the forum (or daftness tbh)...

So I have made a wee spreadsheet. Obviously lots of time for people to enter.  Just making a notation that everyone above this post is officially in the game.
Of course I didn't leave space to put the spreadsheet :rolleyes: so I'll probably just edit the OP and attach therein.
SC

George Alagiah  (DDP, Hares) Joker

Alex Trebek (DBN, Windy City)

Javier Perez de Cuellar (DDP, Hares, DBN, Windy City and others)

Gina Lollobrigida  (DBN)

7 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

So today is Daylight Savings Time in the USA (95% of it), and we all fall back an hour.
Let's celebrate this ridiculous patronage to the cycle of the sun-and-moon with a quick and dirty deadpool!

For this year, DST:
Begins 3 November 2019 
Ends 8 March 2020

Not to be too pedantic, but Daylight Saving Time ends on 3 November, and begins again on 8 March 2020.  Standard time resumes on 3 November.  Whether a timekeeping convention that is in effect for less than half of the year ought to be referred to as "standard" is another matter.

Carry on.

• Haha 1

Thuy Thanh Truong, DBN

Stacy Title, DBN

Sepp Blatter, JDP

Dilip Kumar, JDP joker

For some reason, these picks all have an asterisk by their name on my DOD (Docket of Doom).   At one point I thought they were brilliant. Let's see if they come through now.

5 minutes ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

Thuy Thanh Truong, DBN

Stacy Title, DBN

Sepp Blatter, JDP

Dilip Kumar, JDP

For some reason, these picks all have an asterisk by their name on my DOD (Docket of Doom).   At one point I thought they were brilliant. Let's see if they come through now.

Basically the intent of this dp, to look back at the errors of our ways lol.  I almost went with Kumar fwiw.  Great minds?  Or dolts?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

If you don't mind.  You do not have to.  Like I said I should have cut it off same as Cup (July 31 I think).  My bad.  I appreciate it though.

Just a quick note @gcreptile as you see I amended 'the rules' to say prior to Aug 1.  It's not the dp being chosen, that is fine.  It's the recency I was hoping to avoid is all.  This isn't a 'research' dp, just the opposite.  Look at old teams and throw a few names you can't believe are breathing. Or putting them in order if you could do it over again (and here is where we do it over again).

Just switch the names, it's okay! Thanks!

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Basically the intent of this dp, to look back at the errors of our ways lol.  I almost went with Kumar fwiw.  Great minds?  Or dolts?

zujkOi1kkLRzG.gif

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Altroieri said:

Not to be too pedantic, but Daylight Saving Time ends on 3 November, and begins again on 8 March 2020.  Standard time resumes on 3 November.  Whether a timekeeping convention that is in effect for less than half of the year ought to be referred to as "standard" is another matter.

Carry on.

Damn you to Hades whoever alternative sign-in you belong to. LOL.  And damn Benjamin Franklin, the hoor.

• Haha 1

Nobby Stiles (DDP, AO) JOKER

George Alagiah (AO)

Lee Kerslake (AO, DDP)

Bob Dole (AO)