Sign in to follow this  
Deathray

2019 General Election - 4 way Clusterfuck or a End to Brexit?

5 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

So, some enjoyable rants for those who're struggling to face the realities:

Jonathan Pie says "fuck you Boris" - https://dorseteye.com/jonathan-pie-speaks-more-truth-in-5-minutes-than-laura-kuenssberg-and-robert-peston-have-in-their-whole-careers/?fbclid=IwAR3hBVUUCNlfQQLZvKX3FkSugE6VVxBHQQsXovF-M-oFb8xpsaPLCn8rTTg

Frankie Boyle get's stuck in, comparing Gove to the scrapings from a serial killer's drains scooped up and stuffed into a pair of brogues - https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/07/frankie-boyle-election-countdown-praying-prorogue-next-parliament

That's not even in character Jonathan Pie, the bloke who plays him has went into full rant mode there, burning really fury. 

One of these is very wrong folks (or both if history is anything to go by).

Opinium

Con 41

Lab 33

LDM 12

BXP 3

GRN 2

ComRes

Con 42

Lab 36

LDM 11

BXP 4

GRN 2

Average

Con 41.5

Lab 34.5

LDM 11.5

BXP 3.5

GRN 2

2 hours ago, gcreptile said:

The Left needs to be more populist sometimes. After all, 50% of people are dumber than the average person.

People don't want lofty explanations, they want to be talked to, in easy words and short sentences.

No matter if it's the USA, the UK, or the European continent, the conservatives are currently much better at dumbing things down to the desired level.

(I would even say that people DO understand more complicated arguments, they just don't want to be bothered with them.)

You may have a point. I've no idea why the panchrestons fed to us by countless gormless Tory cunts don't rile the general public as much as they do me, but they don't. Their tactic of mindless sloganism seems to work. What a sorry indictment for the public that many of us buy into this shit.

• Like 1

I think a significant proportion of the population are thick bastards who believe any bollocks they are told by someone with a posh voice who "speaks his mind" ( for some reason that seems to be an endearing aspect of Johnson's character to many). I prefer my politicians to engage their brains before they open their gob. That leaves us with....er...

Where I live you can stick a blue rosette on a dustbin and if would get voted in as my MP. 

There really is no point and the election will be won or lost by the decisions that a few thousand people make in marginal seats across the country.  How you can call that democracy I'll never know.

So I wake up to a video of Boris Johnson recreating that scene in Love, Actually. Quite clearly he doesn't have a hardon for the woman at the door, he has a hardon for Brexit.

What's next? Corbyn grows a plant in his allotment in a spoof of Little Shop Of Horrors, and when the plant screams "Feed Me!" he throws barrels of taxpayers' cash in it's greedy mouth. Jo Swinson boils Boris and Jeremy's pet bunny rabbit (called Brexit, obvs) in her Fatal Attraction to remaining in the EU. Nicola Sturgeon eats England for breakfast while shouting "Get in my belly!" in her Austin Powers parody.

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Leaked audio from the shadow health secretary confirms what anyone who wasn't a wingcuck knew from the start of this election: it's gonna be The Midlands Wot Won It, and Corbyn doesn't have a bostin fanbase.

Shadow health secretary Jon Ashworth is my MP.  :lol:

• Like 2

The polling companies you've never heard of have been getting their guesses in tonight.

Qriously Con 43 Lab 30 LDM 12 GRN 4 BXP 3

NCPoliticsUK Con 43 Lab 33 LDM 12 GRN 3  BXP 3

And a few more familiar ones:

ComRes Con 41 Lab 36 LD 12 GRN 3 BXP 4

Opinium Con 45 Lab 33 LD 12 GRN 4 BXP 2

BMG Con 41 Lab 32 LDM 14 GRN 4 BXP 3

PanelBase Con 43 - Lab 34 - LDM 11  GRN 3  BXP 4

Kantar Con 44 Lab 32 LDM 13 BXP 3 GRN 3

DeltaPoll Con 45 Lab 35 LDM 10 BXP 3 GRN 3

Con 43.12

Lab  33.12

LDM 12.00

GRN 03.37

BXP 03.12

Survation and Ipsos Mori are still due but Survation are being really fucking slow and IPSOS are publishing tomorrow so that's your lot.

Just incase you’re struggling to decide. The questions (and answers) are quite interesting.

https://uk.isidewith.com/political-quiz

Gives you a percentage for each main party (minus SNP/Plaid/NI ones) and where you are in relation to the leaders in numerous areas (e.g. below)

FAB61772-905C-4778-90C4-F1D43B5AFE6C.thumb.jpeg.8d0d14b734e1c249b44e57397bd73e1d.jpeg

Worth doing if you’re still undecided and/or don’t buy into tactical voting and all that. Or just bored.

On 03/12/2019 at 09:13, msc said:

Independents? Claire Wright in Devon has the best chance, Jason Zadrozny in Ashfield is a maybe, Dominic Grieve if things really go his way on the day, and... did you hear about the SNP chap in Kirkcaldy suspended from the party for antisemitism? It was too late to remove SNP from his name on the ballot paper, so I think he'll be elected as an independent Nat.

The same thing happened in my constituency with the labour candidate. Thanks to anti semitism I can't even vote labour if I wanted to now ! 

14 hours ago, Kinnock said:

The polling companies you've never heard of have been getting their guesses in tonight.

Qriously Con 43 Lab 30 LDM 12 GRN 4 BXP 3

NCPoliticsUK Con 43 Lab 33 LDM 12 GRN 3  BXP 3

And a few more familiar ones:

ComRes Con 41 Lab 36 LD 12 GRN 3 BXP 4

Opinium Con 45 Lab 33 LD 12 GRN 4 BXP 2

BMG Con 41 Lab 32 LDM 14 GRN 4 BXP 3

PanelBase Con 43 - Lab 34 - LDM 11  GRN 3  BXP 4

Kantar Con 44 Lab 32 LDM 13 BXP 3 GRN 3

DeltaPoll Con 45 Lab 35 LDM 10 BXP 3 GRN 3

Con 43.12

Lab  33.12

LDM 12.00

GRN 03.37

BXP 03.12

Survation and Ipsos Mori are still due but Survation are being really fucking slow and IPSOS are publishing tomorrow so that's your lot.

Not looking great for labour is it ... :mellow::facepalm:  What size of majority is a 10 point lead likely to give the tories ? 

17 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Not looking great for labour is it ... :mellow::facepalm:  What size of majority is a 10 point lead likely to give the tories ? 

Bear in mind polls are generally wrong on something.....

It would be a comfortable majority though unless the Lib Dem vote is incredibly concentrated. 

Electoral Calculus (take with a huge pinch of salt) reckons this would be around a 62 seat Tory majority. So you'd be looking anywhere from 50-70 seat majority.

Labour would lose 44 seats on 2017.....

Best of luck to all y'all (v common phrase in UK elections)

4 more hours left to vote, people! Do it.

1757051472_Screenshot2019-12-12at17_54_25.thumb.png.8c6fa9b5738486381b08cb3676c1ed63.png

• Like 5

Depressing; I was one of six in my polling station. Three of those were behind the desk and one was a cocker spaniel.

What is wrong with people?! For fuck sake, vote!!

4 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Depressing; I was one of six in my polling station. Three of those were behind the desk and one was a cocker spaniel.

Who was the cocker spaniel voting for?

2 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

Who was the cocker spaniel voting for?

It was red and a bit scruffy so I assume Labour? 

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Did it not occur to you everyone else might have went at another time?

I was at the polling station shortly after 7am. Brisk business despite still being dark.

Just had to drive through two floods to exercise my democratic duty and try to unseat Geoffrey Cox.  Which is rather unlikely to happen.   

I still think anarchy will prevail in the end. :ph34r:

12 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

Did it not occur to you everyone else might have went at another time?

True; I just assumed that a) some of those people might work during the day, like me, and b) there are more than 20 people on my ward.

54 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Only me and the two behind the desk.   Raining too heavily to take the dog.

There were quite a lot of people in the bar though ....... :D

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Toast said:

There were quite a lot of people in the bar though ....... :D

No matter what happens, there's a lot of sorrows to drown :D

So the grapevine is saying

• Tories doing horrendously in London and Manchester
  • Tories surpassing expectations is the North East and Yorkshire
  • Lib Dem voting collapsing everywhere.

59 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

No matter what happens, there's a lot of sorrows to drown :D

And no matter what happens, tomorrow will be the same as today for us all.