Paul Bearer

Prince Andrew

Convinced the comeback is on for next year, apparently...

_120442847_mirror0909.png

• Like 1

He’s fled to Balmoral, to avoid being served with legal papers. That’s:

Balmoral Estates

Ballater

Aberdeenshire

AB35 5TB

Or somewhere around suffice.wand.recipient on What3Words.

• Like 1

His parcel (ref: N0NC3-L394L-P4P3R5) was delivered safely today.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

241714173_10158441932522666_357697349513

Impolite to point out she is Chinese-Romanian born in Canada?

15 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

"Racist", apparently.  :rolleyes:

She has lived here since she was two years old and is not a flag-of-convenience "Brit", but I admit to having been slightly disappointed that she doesn't have any British blood.  Not that it greatly matters these days.

But we are way off topic

15 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

The National Front writes… ;)

Just now, Ulitzer95 said:

The National Front writes… ;)

Well, let's face it, if she'd been born in the EU, she'd have had to apply for citizenship. ;)

All these British tennis players who were born elsewhere is incredible. Wasn't there some Australian footballer who elected to play for Scotland or summat? They are only British if they are successful, everyone knows it.

47 minutes ago, Toast said:

"Racist", apparently.  :rolleyes:

Absolutely no one has said that recognising someone’s heritage is racist. Providing, of course, the reaction to said heritage is positive or even one of indifference, rather than, say, disappointment.

28 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Absolutely no one has said that recognising someone’s heritage is racist. Providing, of course, the reaction to said heritage is positive or even one of indifference, rather than, say, disappointment.

Oh, do fuck off.  There is nothing wrong with being proud of one's own heritage and cheering the success of others who share it.

And yes, I have seen and heard people being branded as "racist" for mentioning ER's heritage.  So you are wrong.

Get back on topic with your pathological hatred of the Royal Family.

1 hour ago, Toast said:

Oh, do fuck off.  There is nothing wrong with being proud of one's own heritage and cheering the success of others who share it.

And yes, I have seen and heard people being branded as "racist" for mentioning ER's heritage.  So you are wrong.

Get back on topic with your pathological hatred of the Royal Family.

With undue respect, I never said nor implied there’s anything wrong with being proud of one’s own heritage. But being disappointed that someone isn’t of a certain heritage is another thing altogether.

I’ve no idea why I’m clarifying this; you know what I’m saying, but you’ve got form for being deliberately ignorant with this kind of thing and indeed most forms of social injustice.

But, to keep you happy, I’ll get back on topic. Andrew is a nonce. ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Quim Reaper said:

With undue respect, I never said nor implied there’s anything wrong with being proud of one’s own heritage. But being disappointed that someone isn’t of a certain heritage is another thing altogether.

I’ve no idea why I’m clarifying this; you know what I’m saying, but you’ve got form for being deliberately ignorant with this kind of thing and indeed most forms of social injustice.

You really are a brainwashed little wokeflake.  I bet if it was a black person you'd be all over them supporting someone of their own heritage, but as a white English person I'm not allowed to have any such preferences.   It's only a minor bit of tribalism, and it's perfectly natural and harmless.

And don't you dare call me "ignorant".  I've been around a lot longer than you have and have seen a lot more than you, including much worse social injustice.  I grew up when racism really was rampant and endemic in this country - largely through genuine ignorance because older people had rarely seen anyone with a black or brown face.  My generation was better informed, we had television which opened the wider world to us.  We were inspired by the summer of love and flower power.  We were exposed to black American music like Tamla Motown and we saw black music artists regularly on TV.   (We never dreamed of using the word "black" in those contexts, mind, because we were taught that it was offensive.)  

I'm not going to waste any more of my time on you. 

11 hours ago, Toast said:

You really are a brainwashed little wokeflake.  I bet if it was a black person you'd be all over them supporting someone of their own heritage, but as a white English person I'm not allowed to have any such preferences.   It's only a minor bit of tribalism, and it's perfectly natural and harmless.

And don't you dare call me "ignorant".  I've been around a lot longer than you have and have seen a lot more than you, including much worse social injustice.  I grew up when racism really was rampant and endemic in this country - largely through genuine ignorance because older people had rarely seen anyone with a black or brown face.  My generation was better informed, we had television which opened the wider world to us.  We were inspired by the summer of love and flower power.  We were exposed to black American music like Tamla Motown and we saw black music artists regularly on TV.   (We never dreamed of using the word "black" in those contexts, mind, because we were taught that it was offensive.)  

I'm not going to waste any more of my time on you. 

“Wokeflake” :lol: You really are Andrew Neil with tits, aren’t you?

I think you’re arguing with a post you must’ve made up; most of your little diatribe here is a reply to something I clearly didn’t say, but you’re too busy with your Jurassic-age excuses for your I’m-not-racist-buts to notice what’s being said. To help you out here, I said it’s not racist for one to acknowledge and celebrate one’s (or someone else’s) heritage, but saying it’s “disappointing” to see someone who doesn’t have “English blood”…that is questionable. Not the English bit. The rest of it. You could cut the English and put any other nation there, and it’d still be problematic and divisive. You won’t have noticed, but we’ve moved on from tribal times.

People like you are a large part of the problem; you won’t pay any attention to anyone on the receiving end of social injustice, as you, a white, straight, upper-middle-aged English woman from what you’ve said, have “been around” for a while so you’re obviously best placed to judge :facepalm: I mean, I would say you may have some perfectly valid arguments on everyday sexism were it not for your previous of sickening victim-blaming when it comes to sexual assaults against young women.

Your older age doesn’t acquit you of ignorance, and my younger age doesn’t make my view invalid or ‘brainwashed’. It’s not a brainwashed mindset to be aware of injustice and to want society to do better and to be upset/angered by it happening on a daily basis. It’s a compassionate, progressive, accepting one. You’ve demonstrably managed none of those three.

I don’t expect you to read this. Because I think you’re incredibly ignorant. Sorry.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Well, let's face it, if she'd been born in the EU, she'd have had to apply for citizenship. ;)

All these British tennis players who were born elsewhere is incredible. Wasn't there some Australian footballer who elected to play for Scotland or summat? They are only British if they are successful, everyone knows it.

1596934509_Screenshot_20210914-0925152.thumb.jpg.664865f2f45464eda747ce811c4e32b0.jpg

Greg and Elena were cheered and embraced as much as Emma radacanu. They don't let any Tom,Dick or Harry on the set of Corrie.

Screenshot_20210914-093733~2.jpg

Elena_Baltacha.jpg

39 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

Elena_Baltacha.jpg

Elena Baltacha! :(

Still properly gutted by that one. She had a lot of talent and I think she'd had have done far better if not for the life limiting health problems which wound up killing her in the end.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, msc said:

Elena Baltacha! :(

Still properly gutted by that one. She had a lot of talent and I think she'd had have done far better if not for the life limiting health problems which wound up killing her in the end.

Huge shock when she died, she was at Wimbledon playing to dead within 2 years. The disease took her really quickly, very sad.  

On 13/09/2021 at 17:03, YoungWillz said:

So, if the UK could only keep one of either her or Prince Andrew...?

I rest my case!

• Haha 1

Just for clarity, it was people to 'the left' of the political spectrum who were banging drums about her origins and making fucking idiotic points about migrants, racism and all that shit.

Adil Ray was the lynchpin of all of that bollocks.

Strangely, I never saw or heard anything which suggested right wingers were cry wanking into their socks because blue British blood didn't run through her veins.

None of it matters a fuck to me anyway, I'd rather roast my knackers on a coal fire than watch tennis.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

High Court now willing to help the US serve the paperwork on the prince. His options likely include never leaving Balmoral again in his life, holing up in some foreign jurisdiction that'll provide sanctuary from the claims or - like - maybe, having to engage with the process. He's been looking jowly and knackered lately, I'm expecting the only silver lining from the latest development is a new career playing Jabba the Hutt in any Star Wars offshoot with a need for the slug-like villian.

Link: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58574350

The royal gift that keeps on giving, or summat

247906963_583032429692500_66319534064130

• Haha 8

Ole sweaty Betty here has a request for medical evidence from the lawyers of the woman he’s accused of sexually assaulting.

6 hours ago, TQR said:

Ole sweaty Betty here has a request for medical evidence from the lawyers of the woman he’s accused of sexually assaulting.

I’ll put a fiver on him having a dab-on when he’s in that US courtroom, especially if his defence is anything like the News Night interview. 

• Haha 1

What happens if the lawsuit gets dismissed as it looks like it will be. Will he return to the public life. I could see him pushing for it and some of the press supporting it.